Metal Storm logo
In Extremo

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 27.08.2006 - 07:03
i cant believe no one made a topic on these guys..yet

anyways, i'm sort of new with the band. although i have known about em for maybe a year or so, but i never really gave em a chance until i found Youtube.com. and so far, i can say that i am really impressed. i love their rhythm guitar...though basic, it sounds cool

how about you? like em? hate em? think they look like lil smurfs jumping on stage with funny outfits? yeah..well
05.02.2007 - 09:45
GT
Coffee!!
staff
@Reinhardt: I didn't even know that a compilation was out...must check it out asap
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.04.2007 - 17:56
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by The Alchemist on 15.11.2006 at 18:17

I got "Verehrt Und Angespien" and I really liked it, much better than 7 imo

I agree, I think "Verehrt Und Angespien" is really their best album to date ; "Sunder Ohne Zugel" would be second best for me. The newer stuff doesn't appeal to me that much...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
23.04.2007 - 04:54
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Darkside Momo on 08.04.2007 at 17:56

Written by The Alchemist on 15.11.2006 at 18:17

I got "Verehrt Und Angespien" and I really liked it, much better than 7 imo

I agree, I think "Verehrt Und Angespien" is really their best album to date ; "Sunder Ohne Zugel" would be second best for me. The newer stuff doesn't appeal to me that much...

I completely agree. Mein Reasen Herz is not that good, they lowered their level.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
27.04.2007 - 02:38
+Amnesia+
Account deleted
I know about them not much time ago, either; but it has been enough to recognize that their music's awesome. Songs like "Vollmond" make me fall into some kind of sweet trance
27.04.2007 - 04:13
Bitch Boy
They are a very good band. My favorite album is "Sünder Ohne Zügel" and, as +Amnesia+, Vollmond is one of my favorite songs of the band.

Their outfit is really cool but sometimes they look ridiculous
27.04.2007 - 17:19
Darktonny
Account deleted
Vollmond, Stetit Puella and Wind are my favourite In Extremo songs.
27.04.2007 - 19:19
Torelli
How many languages does/has In Extremo actually sung in? I've seen norwigian, swedish, latin, german, french etc, so I'm very curious about it.
05.07.2007 - 20:33
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Torelli on 27.04.2007 at 19:19

How many languages does/has In Extremo actually sung in? I've seen norwigian, swedish, latin, german, french etc, so I'm very curious about it.

They have a song in spanish too: "Sefardim", it's a bout a jewish legend, or something like that.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

05.07.2007 - 20:53
Torelli
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.07.2007 at 20:33

They have a song in spanish too: "Sefardim", it's a bout a jewish legend, or something like that.

I see, thank you. I think it's creative of them by not only looking up old folklores and legends and make it alive again, but also that they sing it in the orginal language too! No matter how one may feel about their music, this certainly earns my respect.
05.07.2007 - 21:26
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Torelli on 05.07.2007 at 20:53

I see, thank you. I think it's creative of them by not only looking up old folklores and legends and make it alive again, but also that they sing it in the orginal language too! No matter how one may feel about their music, this certainly earns my respect.

And the fact that they make their own instruments, you know, like the original medieval instruments, it's awesome. Check their page and the instrumentcards for each member, you'll see.
----

05.07.2007 - 23:41
Torelli
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.07.2007 at 21:26

Written by Torelli on 05.07.2007 at 20:53

And the fact that they make their own instruments, you know, like the original medieval instruments, it's awesome. Check their page and the instrumentcards for each member, you'll see.

In that case is even more impressive. It seems like their music is their passion, which is good.
03.06.2008 - 04:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
New album out! So what are your impressions on Saengerkrieg?
----

03.06.2008 - 11:32
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.06.2008 at 04:36

i think it's a very powerful album, not as well as Mien Resand Hert, but it would be my 2econd favorite album of this band.
Frei Zu Sein, and the album-titled song are the best songs of the album, and also En Esta Noche is great. it reminds me a melody when the pipebag is performing, but i can't understand what it was.. but whatever it is it's great.
03.06.2008 - 17:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Hamird on 03.06.2008 at 11:32

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.06.2008 at 04:36

i think it's a very powerful album, not as well as Mien Resand Hert, but it would be my 2econd favorite album of this band.
Frei Zu Sein, and the album-titled song are the best songs of the album, and also En Esta Noche is great. it reminds me a melody when the pipebag is performing, but i can't understand what it was.. but whatever it is it's great.

It's very powerful indeed, And it pretty much follows the same path of Mein Rasend Herz. Frei Zu Sein is really nice, and irt has a pretty cool video too. Flaschenpost is really cool too. As for "En esta noche" is probably one of the most romatic song's I've heard.
----

19.06.2008 - 21:39
Macedonia
Account deleted
In Extremo is realy good band. My favourite songs are Kuss Mich and Frei Zu Sein.
15.08.2008 - 22:15
Janne
Hugin
Their music is quite good, but clean vocals in german...it's ugly. german language only fits with black or death metal.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.08.2008 - 18:38
GT
Coffee!!
staff
@Janne: not all their lyrics are in German...and of course German is good for other things than black and death...look at Rammstein, Oomph!, Eisbrecher and many more
----

16.08.2008 - 19:11
Janne
Hugin
Written by GT on 16.08.2008 at 18:38

@Janne: not all their lyrics are in German...and of course German is good for other things than black and death...look at Rammstein, Oomph!, Eisbrecher and many more

yeah,I know they sing in other languages too but I listened to some songs in german. I used to listen to Rammstein but I never thought it's a serious music. In Rammstein german language also sounds very badly...so badly that it's already funny.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.08.2008 - 19:16
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Janne on 16.08.2008 at 19:11

yeah,I know they sing in other languages too but I listened to some songs in german. I used to listen to Rammstein but I never thought it's a serious music. In Rammstein german language also sounds very badly...so badly that it's already funny.

Each to his own I guess. I find German to be perfect for Rammstein (and other metal bands as well) and I like the language
----

16.08.2008 - 19:26
Janne
Hugin
Written by GT on 16.08.2008 at 19:16

Written by Janne on 16.08.2008 at 19:11

Each to his own I guess. I find German to be perfect for Rammstein (and other metal bands as well) and I like the language

Then, I'm sorry. but I found that it fits to Equilibrium's music! I couldn't define the language they are singing in neither it was my mother language. back to In Extremo maybe I'll get some of their albums.
and sorry I don't want to hurt anybody who likes german language I just say my opinion.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
17.08.2008 - 00:55
VPeter
A band with lot's of potential.... that mostly goes to waste by the lack of energy in the music. I can understand why people compare them to Rammstein, Michael Rhein sounds like a tired and depressed Till and music misses energy as well.
I find Corvus Corax a better German bagpipe group.
18.08.2008 - 12:24
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by VPeter on 17.08.2008 at 00:55

A band with lot's of potential.... that mostly goes to waste by the lack of energy in the music. I can understand why people compare them to Rammstein, Michael Rhein sounds like a tired and depressed Till and music misses energy as well.

Nobody here compares them to Rammstein. They were only mentioned as another group using German lyrics.
----

18.08.2008 - 14:19
Janne
Hugin

yeah, I only brought up Rammstein because of the same language they sing...
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
18.08.2008 - 17:45
VPeter
Written by GT on 18.08.2008 at 12:24

Nobody here compares them to Rammstein. They were only mentioned as another group using German lyrics.

Everbody I know so far has answerd to the question: do you know In Extremo? isn't that like Rammstein with skirts?
I know many more german bands but In Extremo have somethings in common with Rammstein.
18.08.2008 - 18:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by VPeter on 18.08.2008 at 17:45

Everbody I know so far has answerd to the question: do you know In Extremo? isn't that like Rammstein with skirts?
I know many more german bands but In Extremo have somethings in common with Rammstein.

No they don't. They sound musically totally different to Rammsteing. Like said by others before, the only thing those two bands have in common are the german lyrics. People who say "isn't that like Rammstein in skirts" never acutally heard In Extremo or else they wouldn't ask such a stupid question. Asking that question is like asking "Judas Priest, isn't that like Iron Maiden but then dreesed in leather?"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.08.2008 - 18:45
Janne
Hugin
People are strange...I don't understand why somebody says Elvenking is similar to Korpiklaani. In Extremo and Rammstein are at least that far from each other.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
18.08.2008 - 18:57
VPeter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.08.2008 at 18:30

Written by VPeter on 18.08.2008 at 17:45

No they don't. They sound musically totally different to Rammsteing. Like said by others before, the only thing those two bands have in common are the german lyrics. People who say "isn't that like Rammstein in skirts" never acutally heard In Extremo or else they wouldn't ask such a stupid question. Asking that question is like asking "Judas Priest, isn't that like Iron Maiden but then dreesed in leather?"

I personally think that the vocalist sounds a bit like Till Lindeman.
18.08.2008 - 19:19
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
@Tir Na Nog: Not even close. Michael Rhein is waaaay more skilled than Till.
----

19.08.2008 - 09:21
GT
Coffee!!
staff
@Tir Na Nog: I agree with both Marcel and Jonas
----

14.06.2009 - 09:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
What the fuck is with the screeching sound in "Wind" on one of their live albums?

great song btw