Metal Storm logo
Gorgoroth - Studio News, Tour Dates Confirmed

Gorgoroth will spend the following week in Tomas Asklund's Monolith Studio to put the finishing touches on a project which has been kept secret until now: a complete re-recording of the band's third album Under the Sign of Hell. It has long been Infernus' wish to do such a re-recording, and now the work is close to an end. No release date has been set yet, but an early to mid 2011 release is likely. In addition, the time in the studio will be spent working on the still untitled next Gorgoroth full-length album, tentatively scheduled for a late 2011 release. Both albums will be released by Regain Records.

The final dates of the second leg of Gorgoroth's Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt European Tour in November 2010 have been confirmed. Support bands will be Cavus from Finland and Noctem from Spain. The tour is now shaping up as follows:

20.11.2010 - Czech Republic, Prague @ Meet Factory
21.11.2010 - Slovakia, Bratislava @ Majestic Music Club
22.11.2010 - Slovenia, Ljubljana @ Metelkova
23.11.2010 - Italy, Schio (Vicenza) @ Mac 2
24.11.2010 - Switzerland, Bulle @ Ebullition
25.11.2010 - France, Caen @ Le Cargö
26.11.2010 - Belgium, Brugge @ Magdalenazaal
27.11.2010 - UK, Derby @ Redemption

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Gorgoroth
Event: Gorgoroth: Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt II
Posted: 09.10.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 142 users
09.10.2010 - 14:03
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
Under the Sign of Hell is a black metal master piece, so i dont think re-record it is a good idea, cuz it effects it legacy, and i dont blv that there gona be someone great behind the drum kits as Grim in this release .. despite that, i still looking froward to hear it
09.10.2010 - 14:07
vezzy
Stallmanite
I've always preferred Pentagram and Antichrist over Under The Sign Of Hell, but I agree that it isn't a good idea to re-record it. It sounds perfectly fine to me the way it is.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
09.10.2010 - 14:31
RavenKing

When bands are so desperately out of inspiration, what do they do?
Yes, they bring back their old classics.
They will probably trash it by giving it a modern and sterile production.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
09.10.2010 - 16:37
Got Mayhem?

The production probably wont be too much of a problem, especially if they use roughly the same style showcased on their last album. If it turns out good, then it turns out good. If it doesn't then there's still the original to listen to.

Also I'm not sure how this means that they're out of inspiration...the news bit also said that they're working on a completely new album as well...
----
09.10.2010 - 17:08
Jiri

Strange news.
09.10.2010 - 18:14
Kenos
Account deleted
Yeah right, "Under The Sign Of Hell" with a thin and insipid production like "Quantos Possunt..." would be just a big fraud.
09.10.2010 - 23:04
Yojimbo

UTSOH is probably my least favorite album, so I hopeful a re-recording will help me see it differently. For as big a fan of black metal as I am, I typically don't like the poor production quality associated with the genre. I want to hear the music more clearly, sometimes too much distortion takes away from it.
10.10.2010 - 08:29
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Wheres some Canada dates
10.10.2010 - 18:27
JÄY
Metal slave
Well i think its fuckin great!
i am a sucker for rerecordings (stormblast being my favorite)
10.10.2010 - 19:00
MeTalRea|istiK

Yeah!!cant wait for this!!!
10.10.2010 - 22:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What a joke. There is no way any of their early works can be improved upon.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.11.2010 - 04:58
Bond Of Blood
Account deleted
Re-recording albums is never a good thing imo
02.11.2010 - 05:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Seems they are channeling their inner Manocash.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 3288 | This month: 4