Metal Storm logo
Operatika - Dio Cover Available For Streaming

Operatika is pleased to announce the official release of their new single: Ronnie James Dio's "We Rock". It is their tribute to Dio and his contribution to the world of heavy metal. The song is available for streaming at the band's MySpace.

The band states: "In light of Dio's recent passing we will be donating all of the proceeds from this song to Dio's Stand Up & Shout Cancer Fund".

At the moment, the band is in full pre-production mode for their next album. Adds Operatika: "Our new songs are heavier and more technical while incorporating our unique Operatika elements. Stay tuned for more news and the new record (to be released in 2011)."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Operatika Element
Posted: 09.10.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 22 users
10.10.2010 - 17:29
vezzy
Stallmanite
There are far worse tribute covers... Anal Cunt's take on The Great Southern Trendkill comes to mind.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
11.10.2010 - 14:17
GT
Coffee!!
Not the best cover that correct, but I've heard far worse...Tarja comes to mind

At least the earnings will go to the cancer fund unlike someone else
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.10.2010 - 15:10
Lovecraft
Account deleted
I agree. The cover is terrible.
14.10.2010 - 05:23
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I like the cover Sure, it doesn't breathe new life into what is already a classic, but considering the cause it is going toward, it makes it all the more worthwhile to me.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 2315 | This month: 2