Original post

Posted by Zombie, 11.10.2010 - 15:16
Old thread locked, new thread here.
resume the discussion
18.01.2011 - 22:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ernis on 18.01.2011 at 20:36
The godfather of my bro's sister is a priest and in a sermon he said that some religious people have an occupational disease... that disease is being arrogant and nosy because "I'm Christian! I am so much better than others! I can do anything!". That is a bad sign because it shows that the person labels himself under some group in order to boost his ego and give him the excuse to treat other people badly... And that's a step closer towards religious nazism... because of that Christ was nailed to the cross because He pointed out how wrong it is... And I bet if Christ appeared in the world today, many "Christians" would be the first ones to slaughter Him in a brutal way...

Yep, I think that is something I find irksome with a lot of people who profess to be "christian". They think that simply by labelling themselves as that, it gives them the right to treat others badly, (especially non-christians) and worse, that they can behave exactly how they want, because simply by calling themselves "christians" they will go to heaven regardless. Now, I dont wholly believe in the Christ thing, but if he was real, and all his teachings were true, then most certainly a lot of people labelled as "christians" are far from following his example, and in fact, are doing the complete opposite. Im pretty sure Ive heard that in scripture, its stated that people who class themselves as believers but dont follow Christ's example will in fact be judged more harshly than non-believers. You'd probably be able to correct me on this point if Im wrong. hehe xD
18.01.2011 - 22:46
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2011 at 22:31

Yep, I think that is something I find irksome with a lot of people who profess to be "christian". They think that simply by labelling themselves as that, it gives them the right to treat others badly, (especially non-christians) and worse, that they can behave exactly how they want, because simply by calling themselves "christians" they will go to heaven regardless.

Yupp, there are even some divisions of Christianity (protestant) whose ideology states that the number of "seats" in Heaven is limited and God has already reserved these seats to those who deserve them. That means, you can do ANYTHING. If you have a "booked place" in heaven, then you have it and even if you kill and rampage and eat little kids, you'll still have it... on the other hand, you may be the best and kindest person on Earth but since God doesn't like your wussy face and hasn't booked a place for you, you'll go to hell...
These groupings also had ideas that if things go well in your life and you are rich and beautiful, then this is a sign God loves you... if you're poor and bad things happen to you and rich and pretty people treat you badly then this shows that God doesn't love you and you deserve to go to hell as all pointless and weak people do...

This kind of "christianity" which favours the strong and beautiful and violent who crush the weaker and innocent seems to worship another kind of God... a horny one... the image of Christ who said that God loves everyone and forgives anyone who just understands and regrets the bad things done is in a harsh contrast with the god who comes to punish the "not-chosen-ones" and to crush and burn and create a paradise for his bitchy "favourites"...

If I remember correctly, that's what gave LaVey the inspiration... he saw what "christian" people were already doing and just called it with a more appropriate name...
20.01.2011 - 15:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Yup, i've seen tons of people act more in the vein of satanism than christianity, thinking that fasting (apparently Romania has a big tradition with fasting compared to many other countries) will somehow "cancel" their sins and whatever. even one of my flatmates seethes with racial hatred against gypsies, but is a great believer.

hypocrisy (maybe in her case it's just immaturity though) of this magnitude is absolutely hilarious.
21.01.2011 - 01:41
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Valentin B on 20.01.2011 at 15:00

Yup, i've seen tons of people act more in the vein of satanism than christianity, thinking that fasting (apparently Romania has a big tradition with fasting compared to many other countries) will somehow "cancel" their sins and whatever.

Well fasting is a way to reach harmony within body... in a way. It's a time to think about life and the meaning of it and remember why Christ died and things like that. It's also a way to remember that material life is not the most important... It's toning down a bit in order not to burn through too fast...

And finally... it's just a way to eat some healthy food for a while... the biggest reason for fast after all was to let the cows raise their young and in order to save some supplies for the other seasons... it's a natural cycle that body actually needs... back then people were much more aware of it. But of course... I imagine some people fasting in order to show off... "LOOK AT ME! I'm having a FAST! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? EATING SAUSAGE! SHAME ON YOU!" They got it a bit wrong...

Speaking of fast... I don't follow it altho I don't think it's a bad idea... what I do try to keep in mind that during Passionate Friday it's best to sit down and think a bit about life more seriously... and yeh... not eat nor try to eat any meat or stuff... The biggest fail in my eyes would be the attitude "It's a holiday! LET'S GO PARTY! LET'S GO TO NIGHTCLUB!" we have here... atheist country, what's there to do... or when people during easter when asked about the meaning of easter say that "Easter? Isn't that for breaking eggs!" Most people here nowadays haven't even touched the Bible and church is associated with weird old frigid people...well, it's a Christian culture-space here after all but well... while Russians are still kinda religious, then we felt great in the atheist USSR...
28.05.2011 - 16:42
0rpheus

Written by Ernis on 21.01.2011 at 01:41

Fast is healthy. New study reveals 24-hour water fast is good for your heart

Your holiday is Friday! Isn't it Sunday?

I never knew or thought that According to the survey, Estonians the most non-religious people in the then 25-member European Union
----
I would prefer not to.
28.05.2011 - 18:03
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted

Written by Valentin B on 20.01.2011 at 15:00

Yup, i've seen tons of people act more in the vein of satanism than christianity, thinking that fasting (apparently Romania has a big tradition with fasting compared to many other countries) will somehow "cancel" their sins and whatever.

Well fasting is a way to reach harmony within body... in a way. It's a time to think about life and the meaning of it and remember why Christ died and things like that. It's also a way to remember that material life is not the most important... It's toning down a bit in order not to burn through too fast...

This what I don't get about the Christians. They fast for those reasons, but why do they do nothing but want? How would fasting reach harmony with the body?
28.05.2011 - 20:55
Ernis
狼獾
Written by 0rpheus on 28.05.2011 at 16:42

I never knew or thought that According to the survey, Estonians the most non-religious people in the then 25-member European Union

I was speaking of the Passionate Friday/The Good Friday/جمعة الآلام? It's the day when Christ was crucified. As you might imagine this is a day of religious and cultural significance. But yes, otherwise Saturday and Sunday are the days one does not work (does not apply to me tho)...

Yes, Estonia is the least religious country in Europe and many people are proud of it. During the USSR where atheism was spread by heavy propaganda (well it's done so nowadays too) then Estonians were very glad to be hardcore atheists while Russians have always adhered to their faith. I believe an average Russian is more likely to be religious while an average Estonian has zero knowledge about religion...

Written by Guest on 28.05.2011 at 18:03

This what I don't get about the Christians. They fast for those reasons, but why do they do nothing but want? How would fasting reach harmony with the body?

I didn't quite get what you meant here. Fasting can be a means of balance your body's metabolism. There's a difference if you eat sausages and burgers on a daily basis or switch to some vegetables from time to time. Fasting is an opportunity to eat more vegetables for someone who actually would not even touch any green food. I don't fast by the way. I do not follow any "written guidelines" line by line. But I do understand what the motive behind fast is.
28.05.2011 - 21:00
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 28.05.2011 at 20:55

Written by 0rpheus on 28.05.2011 at 16:42

I was speaking of the Passionate Friday/The Good Friday/جمعة الآلام? It's the day when Christ was crucified. As you might imagine this is a day of religious and cultural significance. But yes, otherwise Saturday and Sunday are the days one does not work (does not apply to me tho)...

Yes, Estonia is the least religious country in Europe and many people are proud of it. During the USSR where atheism was spread by heavy propaganda (well it's done so nowadays too) then Estonians were very glad to be hardcore atheists while Russians have always adhered to their faith. I believe an average Russian is more likely to be religious while an average Estonian has zero knowledge about religion...

Written by Guest on 28.05.2011 at 18:03

I didn't quite get what you meant here. Fasting can be a means of balance your body's metabolism. There's a difference if you eat sausages and burgers on a daily basis or switch to some vegetables from time to time. Fasting is an opportunity to eat more vegetables for someone who actually would not even touch any green food. I don't fast by the way. I do not follow any "written guidelines" line by line. But I do understand what the motive behind fast is.

Understandable. I just don't fully understand why Christians do it and face it towards christianity.
18.07.2011 - 18:47
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Question, i was watching a TV show (don't remember which one was it, probably an offensive show to religions, southpark or family guy ) ... and they mentioned that "Christ" is Jesus' last name, and i was like: WHAAAAAAAT ? ... and then i asked some of my american friends and they said the same, that Jesus is a first name, and Christ is his last name... and i was wondering if that is the way all christians think or just american christians.

i believe -and probably being born muslim and speaking arabic helped- because "Christ" is synonym with "messiah", and both mean "the anointed one", and a person being anointed with oil in biblical times was considered to be of divine nature (which is the case), and in both hebrew and arabic jesus is reffered to as "jesus the messiah" as the word "christ" does not exist in arabic or hebrew, even christianity itself is called "messiahia" in arabic and the "-ia" being equal to "-ianity" ... so, to arabic and hebrew speakers its self-explanatory that "christ" is an adjective, and not a last name, he is also reffered to in the Koran as "jesus the messiah" , or "jesus son of mary"

.. also jesus wasn't born to a father, so he can't have a last name (logically).

sounds like a job for Wiggo
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
18.07.2011 - 19:46
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I guess you picked wrong friends to ask. I don't think them being American makes any difference.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
18.07.2011 - 20:14
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Written by Zombie on 18.07.2011 at 18:47

Question, i was watching a TV show (don't remember which one was it, probably an offensive show to religions, southpark or family guy ) ... and they mentioned that "Christ" is Jesus' last name, and i was like: WHAAAAAAAT ? ... and then i asked some of my american friends and they said the same, that Jesus is a first name, and Christ is his last name... and i was wondering if that is the way all christians think or just american christians.

i believe -and probably being born muslim and speaking arabic helped- because "Christ" is synonym with "messiah", and both mean "the anointed one", and a person being anointed with oil in biblical times was considered to be of divine nature (which is the case), and in both hebrew and arabic jesus is reffered to as "jesus the messiah" as the word "christ" does not exist in arabic or hebrew, even christianity itself is called "messiahia" in arabic and the "-ia" being equal to "-ianity" ... so, to arabic and hebrew speakers its self-explanatory that "christ" is an adjective, and not a last name, he is also reffered to in the Koran as "jesus the messiah" , or "jesus son of mary"

.. also jesus wasn't born to a father, so he can't have a last name (logically).

You're right. greek XPISTOS = hebr. messiah = "anointed"
18.07.2011 - 21:26
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 18.07.2011 at 18:47

Easy...

Messiah=Anointed one=Христос=Christ

Well... America is America... you've got people there who break cups shouting "death to Harry Potter" and at the same time the same nation sings along "I'm in love with Juuuuudaaaas!" all parents and kids together... America!

For instance baptists are in America... I don't know very much about them but all I have heard is negative and eerie... they are said to hate catholics, they adore America, they are quite extremist and yep... remember those who danced around with slogans "DIO BURNS IN HELL!" when R. J. Dio died...

A Christian will never ever feel happiness when someone goes to hell... A person on earth cannot decide who goes to hell... In fact it is a tragic thing if someone is so corrupt and evil that he goes to hell...

But people who shout "ALL CATHOLICS/MUSLIMS/etc BURN IN HELL!!! JESUS IS LORD!!!" are stupid and blind...

I love those sects who say that Heaven is like a hotel with booked rooms. Sometimes they even know the number. You either have a booking or not. You may be a serial killer and terrorist but if Lord loves you and you have the booking, you'll get to heaven, you may be Virgin Mary herself but without a booking you burn in hell.
Or those sects who say that if you are successful (no matter what you do in order to be successful) then it shows that Lord loves you and you will go to hell and if you are poor and sad and everyone treats you bad, then it is a sign that you will go to hell... very satanic btw... isn't satanism what adores people who are successful and who rule over the weak whereas Christ supported and encouraged people to help those who are weaker...

In Estonia, when Catholic church was abolished and replaced by Lutheran church, people went to burn and destroy the churches and annihilate all the beautiful works of art, paintings, statues, beautiful sacred artefacts etc... only one church in Tallinn survived because the workers of the church had managed to seal the doors from inside before the church-burners arrived... thank God... this church has nowadays one of the most renowned paintings preserved...
And yes... "Christians" were destroying Christian churches so I think there is no need to ask any other questions...
18.07.2011 - 21:54
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Ernis on 18.07.2011 at 21:26

so, the answer to the question would be: no, not all Christians think this way, only retarded american christians do
and an addition to the answer would be: not just american christians who re fucked up and euros are fine, some euro christians are fucked up too ? lol

you guys should come to the middle east, where religion is organized by gangs .. muslims form militas and organizations with extremist ideologies, intolerant to other beliefs or even different sects of islam itself, and christians have mini-countries inside the country, they build fortresses with high walls and have factories and farmland and complete communities inside their walls separated from everyone else, they even speak a different language.
----

18.07.2011 - 22:44
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 18.07.2011 at 21:54

Written by Ernis on 18.07.2011 at 21:26

so, the answer to the question would be: no, not all Christians think this way, only retarded american christians do
and an addition to the answer would be: not just american christians who re fucked up and euros are fine, some euro christians are fucked up too ? lol

I didn't say all American Christians are retarded... I am not that politically incorrect...
18.07.2011 - 23:08
Sophist

My experience so far (real life experience talking to people, not arguing over the internet) is that people who declare themselves christian because of tradition are douches about it and don't know much about their own religion, while people who bonked their heads a bit and reached the conclusion that christianity is for them are a lot more tolerant to the beliefs of other people.
20.07.2011 - 17:03
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Sophist on 18.07.2011 at 23:08

My experience so far (real life experience talking to people, not arguing over the internet) is that people who declare themselves christian because of tradition are douches about it and don't know much about their own religion, while people who bonked their heads a bit and reached the conclusion that christianity is for them are a lot more tolerant to the beliefs of other people.

I read an article about lutheranism written by a professor of theology. Although I am not lutheran, there were some points in the article I agreed with such as the fact the most important is the belief of a person himself with the church serving as a supporting structure. I also agree there are many people who are religious but do not belong to any religion as well as there are people who are not religious but do belong to a religious grouping (I call these "professional believers"... many of them are very extremist and do everything as it is "written").

I don't know what to say but the comments written (I'd like to say "shat out") by the Estonian internet users are as brilliant as always...
They call Christianity a disease, say it should be completely banned/eliminated/destroyed, they call Christians "braindead/mentally disabled/crazy lunatics who believe a Jewish fairy-tale"... Catholics are all child molesters, muslims are all terrorists...

It needs guts to be a Christian at least in Estonia because it's really hard if you see that things such as homosexuality are considered normal and acceptable and being a Christian is considered a "mental disease from 19th century"...
In Italy it looks a whole lot different... you go out with other youngsters in the evening and guess what... you meet them next morning at the mass... mystical...
20.07.2011 - 17:49
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
What if a non-christian, behaves in a very christian manner (ie. follows the teachings of Christ and is an overall good person) but he doesn't believe in the religion of Christianity (probably because of the bad rep. associated with it (corrupted priests and stuff), or maybe he didnt really get the chance to learn about true Christianity) would this person be doomed and sentenced to hell because he doesnt believe in the savior or has been baptized ? if "yes" then this kinda seems unfair
----

20.07.2011 - 22:28
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 20.07.2011 at 17:49

What if a non-christian, behaves in a very christian manner (ie. follows the teachings of Christ and is an overall good person) but he doesn't believe in the religion of Christianity (probably because of the bad rep. associated with it (corrupted priests and stuff), or maybe he didnt really get the chance to learn about true Christianity) would this person be doomed and sentenced to hell because he doesnt believe in the savior or has been baptized ? if "yes" then this kinda seems unfair

I personally believe what Christ said and that is that Father loves everyone and Christ as the good shepherd always takes care that not even a single lamb from the herd get lost... it's people here on Earth who like to write names down on papers... "baptized (yes), confirmed (yes), whoops... I see a divorce here! NO, no heaven for you!"

Do you think who is to decide who deserves heaven and who doesn't... someone on Earth such as me or you or any other... or is it God alone to decide such things? We cannot measure other people and then decide because only Father can see into everyone's heart and see what really is going on there...

By the way... I personally prefer non-Christians who act like Christians to Christians who act like Satanists...
20.07.2011 - 22:48
bj_waters

Written by Zombie on 20.07.2011 at 17:49

Ehhhh-heh-heh-heh. That's a pretty big topic of debate among Christians. It really depends on the brand of Christianity you follow. Many Christians sincerely believe that you must have a knowledge of who Christ is and believe in him to be saved, leaving many people throughout history SOL. Harsh as it may seem, they believe that God must prove that he is able to damn as much as he is able to save.

However, my personal Christianity believes that God is a fair and just God and would not punish people due to such a circumstance. It is my belief that if such people would have believed in and followed Christianity if they had the opportunity, they're as golden as anyone who has accepted the gospel and lived by it accordingly. Pretty warm and fuzzy, isn't it.

This is a massive gray area for Christianity as a whole. I'd be interested in others have to say about it.
21.07.2011 - 02:00
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
The reason i asked this question is that i believe that -almost- all religions preach the same principles, loving your neighbors, good manners, and honoring your parents, helping the weak and the poor, ...etc
Buddhism for example is a very peaceful religion, very similar in its teachings to Christianity, its the "belief" part is what is different, but the practice is the same, a good buddhist is like a good christian, and believe it or not, islam (the 'sane' version of it, not the bloody extremist version u see on TV) is very much like christianity, infact it accepts the christianity as a whole (all the teachings) and contradicts it in the beliefs (actually "some" of the beliefs) .. so a good muslim acts alot like a good christian ... and finally, athiests, well, tolerant athiests (not hardcore ones) .. or more like agnostics, the moral ones, act alot like good religious people, infact they act morally and good even though there is no sacred text to bind them to do what they do, or a belief in punishment to prevent them from being bad and yet they choose to be good.. so, all these examples of "good" people, of different religions or of no religion at all. i'd say if i were god i'd see those are the ones worthy of heaven, not those who were simply born in this or that religion, but do not follow it and let themselves be corrupted
----

21.07.2011 - 17:52
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 21.07.2011 at 02:00

The reason i asked this question is that i believe that -almost- all religions preach the same principles, loving your neighbors, good manners, and honoring your parents, helping the weak and the poor, ...etc

You know, I just found an example which explains why Estonians cannot be Christians... nor belong to any other religion either (except for satanism maybe)...

Here... in the paper there was an article about a mother who tried to teach her teenage daughter how to park a car. The girl accidentally crashed into another car and unfortunately killed her mother who got crushed between the two vehicles. Needless to say, the girl was shocked, in pain and cried. She will have a trauma which will torture her for the rest of her life. Imagine that...
This happened in England... I went to read the comments left by English people regarding this tragic accident. Here are examples: "Poor girl, I hope everyone around her gives her the support she is going to need. What a terrible accident."
and "My heart goes out for this poor, poor youg girl and her family. What a tragic, tragic accident to have occured. The poor girl has suffered enough without her picture being splashed over the tabloids. They should be offered all of the support needed and left alone to grieve in peace."

NOW...

Here come the comments of Estonian internet users:
"Women."
"This mother is going to get a Darwin award."
"Incredible LOL"

Of course... not all Estonian comments were like this... BUT... if there is so many people among this nation who are absolute tactless douches who are incapable of having any empathy nor feelings whatsoever then I totally understand that no religion at all except the "consume/fuck" way of life can suit them... These are completely empty people... I think if some corrupt ruler ever wished for a more perfect zombie sheep herd, then in Estonia there ain't even no need for any propaganda...

Anyhow... my Libyan classmate said that there is only one difference between Christianity and Islam... in Islam Christ is not God's son and God is not the Father... in fact, God just produced everything and set the wheels in motion. His comparison was: "If I make a bike, or a car or any other thing. I just produce it, I don't call it my child." This reminds me of the belief where God just pressed the "start" button and then left...

And well... I, on the other hand, can tell that as a Christian I can eat and drink what I wish... I know, it's actually a regional matter because there are plenty of islamic countries where it is possible to drink alco and eat pork...
21.07.2011 - 18:18
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Ernis on 21.07.2011 at 17:52

This reminds me of the belief where God just pressed the "start" button and then left...

And well... I, on the other hand, can tell that as a Christian I can eat and drink what I wish... I know, it's actually a regional matter because there are plenty of islamic countries where it is possible to drink alco and eat pork...

This is best written in the "Islam" thread, but i had to comment on this as its not always a "black and white" thing,
regarding the "god just pressed start and then left" , this is true to some extent, and he is also watching over us and guiding us to some extent too... meaning, that god is not obliged to stop all the wars and prevent the hunger and so and so, and most -if not all-athiests claim that there is no god because if there was one there wouldnt be hunger and disease and wars, god isn't a general manager in a multi-national company, he is not the captain of the ship who must land it in one piece, that's OUR job, or else what's the point of creation in the first place if god creates everything and then he "operates" evertything making it perfect, then what's punishment and reward for or why would there be a heaven and hell, the whole thing is like a test, god cant take the test for us and write answer our paper, but he can tutor you and make u ready for the exam ... so, that being said, god does not press start and then leave, or he stays and manages everything, he presses start, and watches over human, guides them (either personally or through prophets, apostles and good folks) and in the end some of us ill pass the test and most won't .. he's the starlight or the lighthouse that guides the ship but not the captain sailing the ship, we are.

and, about eating and drinking stuff, in islam the food that harms you is forbidden, and it is believed that alcohol and pork harm you, also dead animals, dogs, and other un-clean animals. now ALL islamic countries forbid these to be served as food, while the ones who allow it are muslim-majority countries, and not necessarily islamic countries.

Egypt being a muslim-majority country and not an "islamic country" (saudi arabia, iran, mauritania, sudan, ...etc) .. Egypt has more christians than estonia (estimates range from 7 - 12 million) so they cannot forbid non-islamic food and beverages here.

EDIT: actually, christians in Egypt are about 7 to 12 times more than the whole population of estonia, lol
----

21.07.2011 - 18:39
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 21.07.2011 at 18:18

he's the starlight or the lighthouse that guides the ship but not the captain sailing the ship, we are.

Yep, that's how I'd put it in words as well, thanks. In fact yes, I hear constantly things such as "But if God really existed, then why are there ugly and fat people? If God existed, wouldn't everyone be beautiful?!" I think everyone is beautiful in a way... because if everything would be absolutely perfect, then how would we even be aware of that it's perfect...

Food and drink... yep, thanks for information. By the way... there surely are islamic countries which should be called "muslim majority" countries because there are Christians living there too. An Iranian whom I spoke with recently about these things said they adore pigs, they love the taste, they love pork and I am sure they also love the fact it's very non-islamic. Plus the fact of being circumcised also makes the feeling a bit bad. And he put it very well... "If everyone else eats pork and drinks alco and it doesn't harm them then WHY do they say it harms us."

I myself agree... and I love the fact of being uncircumcised alcy pig-eater... and I'm alive : )
Really... pigs have covered the tables here for centuries... and nobody's died because of eating pork...
21.07.2011 - 19:20
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Eating pork surely isn't fatal ... although it holds a higher risk of being infected with tape worm than eating beef or veal, but it really depends on the cooking, if its cooked well and not served raw or bloody then you're safe

and alcohol (wine and beer) in moderation can be good for you, only if excessively consumed can lead to liver fibrosis, while whiskey, tequila, and vodka are mainly harmful but more "fun" lol

EDIT: i forgot to comment about circumcision, i -personally- am against circumcision, its not natural, and if god wanted you to chop off a piece of skin he wouldn't have created you with it, but the common interpretation of it being compulsory for muslims is a hoax, neither male nor female circumcision are mandatory in islam, and if we take each separately then:

male circumcision: semites (hebrews and arabs, yes believe it or not arabs are -too- semites) living in the middle east had the tradition of male circumcision, and it was passed on traditionally and when muhammad was born (to pagan parents) they circumsized him at birth (without consulting his own opinion or without a command from god ) and then when he started preaching the message of islam at the age 40, he didnt talk about his private parts until he died 20 years later, so, male circumcision has absolutely no relation to islam, and wasn't mentioned in the Koran or any sacred text, but muslims generally like to take muhammad as a role model -usually literally too much- so they circumsize their boys, and grow their beards, and wear 14th century rags and try to live exactly the way muhammad lived .. backwards thinking, yes i know and i suffer from it on daily basis.. i believe that if muhammad or jesus had lived in 2011 they would wear jeans and shirts but try convincing the strictly-religious

as for female circumcision it is a north-african tradition, predating islam with centuries, and when islam came to north africa it actually forbid it as it is very harmful to women's health and sexual well-being, but it is still practiced until today -unfortunately- but only in north african countries (by muslims, christians, jews, and minority religions) but not in the arabian peninsula, iran, or south asia.
----

21.07.2011 - 19:46
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 21.07.2011 at 19:20

Eating pork surely isn't fatal ... although it holds a higher risk of being infected with tape worm than eating beef or veal, but it really depends on the cooking, if its cooked well and not served raw or bloody then you're safe

and alcohol (wine and beer) in moderation can be good for you, only if excessively consumed can lead to liver fibrosis, while whiskey, tequila, and vodka are mainly harmful but more "fun" lol

Tape worm... I'm never eating pork again!
Ok, kidding, I don't cook pork myself but I eat it one way or another because hams, sausages etc always contain pork. You may buy a veal sausage or ham or minced meat but know that around 10-20% of it is pork anyway (to make it cheaper probably)... and in worst cases in the degrading society of ours meat products contain less and less meat anyway but whatever possible (even so that they say "You will never want to eat sausages again if you knew what they're producing them from...")
If it comes to cooking, I use chicken and minced meat... and you might imagine I always let the meat cook until it develops a dark crust.

Alcohol... yes, if consumed wisely it can also be good for health. Not only that, but everyone must have a bottle of vodka at home because it can be used for cleaning wounds and disinfecting and hygiene purposes. Of course, tell it to the puritans who say "ALCOHOL is DEVIL!"

I know that in southern countries eating pork indeed poses some hygiene issues since pigs can easily become infected with bad things for they eat leftovers. Another case is that the Arabs didn't know pigs because in the desert there were no pigs whatsoever and the warthogs who live somewhere in Africa look quite hideous so I imagine that nobody would ever wish to eat them...
21.07.2011 - 19:55
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Lol yeah about that vodka thing, it reminded me of what my friend who's been to russia told me, they use vodka there for EVERYTHING, they even have a 'bedside table vodka bottle', where u drink one shot before sleeping to warm you and another in the morning to wake u up... i personally wouldnt waste vodka on cleaning wounds hehe

ps: i added a part in the previous post that u probably missed, check it out.
----

21.07.2011 - 20:19
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 21.07.2011 at 19:55

Lol yeah about that vodka thing, it reminded me of what my friend who's been to russia told me, they use vodka there for EVERYTHING, they even have a 'bedside table vodka bottle', where u drink one shot before sleeping to warm you and another in the morning to wake u up... i personally wouldnt waste vodka on cleaning wounds hehe

ps: i added a part in the previous post that u probably missed, check it out.

Thanks for information... yes I know circumcision is a Semitic tradition... also related to hygiene as I heard... that is logic because one cannot wash himself in desert on a daily basis as it would be necessary... I know that it is not mentioned in Koraan, only the Jewish people have it tied to religion. By the way, half of the US is circumcised as I heard. Plus 100% of South Korean males are circumcised. Compare it to 0% of North Korean males. Why? South Korea was under American influence. And Koreans are very hive-minded people, you cannot be different... they circumcise males who are in their late teens or early 20ies... if you don't do it to yourself, expect to be laughed out by your friends and family and basically thrown out of society... weird thing is that old generation and Koreans on the north side do not practise this... the post-war Southern society treats circumcision as a "natural thing that has always existed"...

Female circumcision... I also know that... African tribes practice this and it is not related to religion at all... I heard followers of traditional religions and even Christians do it to young girls...

And vodka... I understand that you wouldn't want to waste it because it is expensive in Egypt... but for me who I don't even like vodka that much it is indeed mainly a household disinfectant and hygienic appliance. Of course, you can also have a shot every once in a while.
21.07.2011 - 21:13
bj_waters

I would argue that circumcision is a little more than a "Semetic tradition." God wanted males to be circumcised as a sing of personal commitment. Promises and covenants were a big deal for the people of the Old Testament and circumcision was a part of that. And since the first Christians were originally Jews, shifting habits that were part of their heritage to ones that fit the new gospel wasn't exactly easy. If I recall correctly, one of the first major debates in the early Christian Church was between Paul and Peter regarding whether certain Jewish practices (including circumcision) should grandfathered into Christianity (it's in the book of Acts somewhere).

Since then, circumcision has simply become the norm in the Western world to the point that it's now simply a secular and personal matter. And that's fine. A lot of the hard, strict rules of the Mosiac Law were supposed to be preparation for the "higher law" that the Savior would teach them. At least, that's the way I look at it.
25.07.2011 - 04:10
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
By the way, why isn't this thread in the "serious discussions" forum while all of the other religions threads are there ?
----

25.07.2011 - 06:39
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Zombie on 25.07.2011 at 04:10

By the way, why isn't this thread in the "serious discussions" forum while all of the other religions threads are there ?

It's Christianity, nobody is serious about it
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here