Metal Storm logo
Immortal - Abbath Debuts New Project At Hole In The Sky Fest

'I', the new band of Immortal's mainman, debuted at Hole In The Sky festival, Bergen, Norway on August the 26th. In a pre-gig press conference, he commented, "After I put Immortal on ice, this came out exactly as I planned, better. If it (Between Two Worlds, the forthcoming CD due out this fall via Nuclear Blast) sells only two copies, that's OK. It was a success a long time ago. I could have done this by myself, but there's nothing like being in a band. This is NOT a solo project. This band wil be around a while, until my liver breaks. As Ace Frehley said, I'm back!"

Live, the band delivered a destructive set, including pyro, that already sees 'Warriors' and the title track as excellent live tunes. The entire album, minus one, was aired. No Immortal songs were performed.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Immortal
Posted: 27.08.2006 by Døc

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 3 users
27.08.2006 - 18:41
NoRb3
Account deleted
I have heard one song from "I" - "The Storm I Ride" and it sounds like hard rock not like black metal...
27.08.2006 - 19:50
Hrimner
Account deleted
Yeah it sounds like a grim kind of Motörhead, but i think it sounds cool though
28.08.2006 - 10:20
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Whether it be hard rock or black metal, it'll be a good listen imo...
29.08.2006 - 15:04
FrozenSky

I was quite dissapointed when I heard this new song - not because it was bad or something, but because someone had spread rumors that the new stuff sounds like something from "At the Heart Of Winter" and I had my hopes up to hear another "Immortal like" great and grim record.
02.09.2006 - 10:36
IhsahnFan
Account deleted
I cant wait to hear this:)
05.09.2006 - 12:57
Ahmos
Account deleted
'The Storm I Ride' sounds pretty good IMO...i can't wait to hear the rest of their material!

Hits total: 2745 | This month: 11