‹‹ Back to the Metal arena Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 173  
Search this topic:  
Which System Of A Down Album Is The Best?

Toxicity54
System Of A Down25
Mezmerize19
Steal This Album!10
Hypnotize2

Total votes: 110

The original post

Posted by on 13.10.2010 at 11:13
This is simply put, Which System Of A Down Album Is The Best?

For Me, it's Toxicity, then System Of A Down, Hypnotize, Mezmerize, Steal This Album!. Which ones yours?

Page 2 of 2

Duff

25.01.2011 at 14:32
I actually think Hypnotize was the best, they managed to get the whole ballad thing going on alongside a bunch of metalish songs and for me thats what makes a good album
Luneth

25.01.2011 at 17:38
Toxicity was a beast of an album, don't remember the details of it fully but I definetly recall playing the track 'Toxicity' continuosly for like two weeks in my first year of college lol.
----
Evil? I am not Malevolent, I simply am!
Apocalypse, X-Men
7thSlave
Lost To Apathy

01.02.2011 at 22:32
Got to be the debut for me. I remember hearing it when I was 14, just after it came out, and thinking 'Wow, this is really different!' Toxicity is pretty ace too, though...
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
blacktooth85

02.04.2011 at 06:05
The first one
king_matt

26.04.2011 at 02:51
Gotta go with their s/t album. Every track on there is phenomenal! Toxicity is almost as good.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
FinnishSammich

10.07.2011 at 20:46
The first album.
king_matt

10.07.2011 at 21:49
Steal This Album! is amazing, idk why it has so few votes.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
Metal_4Ever

10.07.2011 at 22:02
Toxicity is pretty good album but I can't choose one of these I like all of them
----
My Last Fm Profile
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
  25.07.2011 at 04:42
Toxicity! System Of A Down has good albuns. What annoy is one or two songs from each of they (Except Steal This Album, that is almost totally boring!)
J:oKeR

01.07.2012 at 11:44
Toxicity is far best album System ever realesed...
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
IronAngel

01.07.2012 at 21:08
For me, it's between Mesmerize and the debut. The former has some really catchy songwriting and plenty of variation, whereas the latter is fresh and heartfelt. I actually don't like Toxicity much, I find its more radio-oriented tracks safer and less exciting than on Mesmerize (you can't seriously say Chop Suey is better than Cigaro) and its straightforward bangers more boring than on SOAD. It drags on too long, though it opens with two really good tracks.
!J.O.O.E.!

01.07.2012 at 21:43
Written by IronAngel on 01.07.2012 at 21:08
For me, it's between Mesmerize and the debut. The former has some really catchy songwriting and plenty of variation, whereas the latter is fresh and heartfelt. I actually don't like Toxicity much, I find its more radio-oriented tracks safer and less exciting than on Mesmerize (you can't seriously say Chop Suey is better than Cigaro) and its straightforward bangers more boring than on SOAD. It drags on too long, though it opens with two really good tracks.

You sir are quite mad =P Cigaro is a pretty dire song if you ask me, and on the whole I wouldn't call Toxicity more radio friendly compared to the softer, rock-oriented Mesmerize. I'm not a great fan of Mesmerize/Hypnotize overall; far too much of Daron Malakian singing and taking the front seat, he has an atrocious voice, and the songs are just a bit floppy sounding really.

Troy also said Prison Song was one of the few songs he liked from that album, it's probably my least favourite though. The second track is fantastic though, as is Forest which would have made a great single.
----
Mr. Doctor
Skandino

01.07.2012 at 22:11
Mesmeriza/Hypnotize is definitely way more radio friendly. No doubt about it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 31.01.2012 at 00:21
Post a picture of your bushy mane for redemption.
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
IronAngel

01.07.2012 at 22:20
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 01.07.2012 at 21:43

You sir are quite mad =P Cigaro is a pretty dire song if you ask me, and on the whole I wouldn't call Toxicity more radio friendly compared to the softer, rock-oriented Mesmerize.

I didn't mean to say it was. But those tracks on it which are clearly radio-friendly and often mentioned as fan favorites (Chop Suey!, Toxicity, Aerials) are IMO not as good as their counterparts on Mesmerize (B.Y.O.B. and Cigaro, for example). And then there's tracks like Jet Pilot and Bounce, which make me feel they drained that pool dry on the debut.

I remembered wrong, btw. I was referring to Needles and Deer Dance, which are the second and third track, as the really great songs. Prison Song is cool by me too, and there are many nice individual songs. As a whole, it just doesn't feel as varied or as focused as its predecessor or follower. (I didn't like Hypnotize, either.)
!J.O.O.E.!

01.07.2012 at 22:34
Written by IronAngel on 01.07.2012 at 22:20

I didn't mean to say it was. But those tracks on it which are clearly radio-friendly and often mentioned as fan favorites (Chop Suey!, Toxicity, Aerials) are IMO not as good as their counterparts on Mesmerize (B.Y.O.B. and Cigaro, for example). And then there's tracks like Jet Pilot and Bounce, which make me feel they drained that pool dry on the debut.

I remembered wrong, btw. I was referring to Needles and Deer Dance, which are the second and third track, as the really great songs. Prison Song is cool by me too, and there are many nice individual songs. As a whole, it just doesn't feel as varied or as focused as its predecessor or follower. (I didn't like Hypnotize, either.)

B.Y.O.B. could stand up against any System song for sure, great tune. I'm not hot on Cigaro as I said, it just seems very simplistic and faux-heavy, but I really like Radio/Video, however.

Ah ok, yeah Needles and Dear Dance are great tracks. Bounce I'm not too big a fan of. It's an amusing track but a little novelty driven. I'm quite a big fan of Jet Pilot though, probably because it's System's lyrics at their most dadaistic.

Actually I'm listening to Serj's new album now and it's probably the most enjoyable thing I've heard since Steal This Album! (which I'm also a big fan of). I'm not gonna lie, I'm a majoy Serj buff and was hugely put off System's last two records because of how much he took backseat.
----
megadeath13
Account deleted
  12.12.2012 at 15:15
Their debut is also their best. Toxicity is 2nd
Dentura
Shadow King

16.12.2012 at 11:00
Toxicity is a classic in my book. I remember hearing "Shimmy" from the game Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 for Play Station back in the day and I thought it was awesome. The rest of the album is simply great.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Night Theater

16.12.2012 at 12:57
1. Toxicity (truly innovative)
2. Mesmerize (very catchy)
3. Steal This Album! (I can't believe this is just B-sides; it's fantastic)
4. Hypnotize (has it's moments, but is a little weak; still good, though)
5. System of a Down (a bit too raw...)

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.