Metal Storm logo
Old design - Do you remember?

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 14.10.2010 - 15:12
OMG I remeber it it was LONG ago, but what is purpose of tread?
19.05.2011 - 22:12
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by theFIST on 19.05.2011 at 17:38

one could have adapted the design for more content in a way that it could look more interesting, but instead the new design is boring and rectangular.
some more changes in that direction and metalstorm has the design value of a txt document

That is debatable to say the least. The reaction was full of emotion as it was and tastes are subjective. If I understand you correctly, the changes you would have wanted to see are even more radical in layout terms. Imagine how that would have ended with a user base that was perfectly content with the old layout.

Also, nothing's in stone yet. We're working on it. It's not always clearly apparent, but it's happening. If you really have a suggestion you think is worth taking note of, or even a mockup, please do as Troy says and contribute to the suggestions thread.
----
19.05.2011 - 23:47
theFIST

When i"ll have time (at the moment not so much, trying to prepare for an application test), i"ll work on something
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
04.11.2011 - 23:00
M

They changed all band profiles section now. It just sucks big time. Why you are changing the appearance of one of the best designed websites all the time ?
06.11.2011 - 11:58
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by M on 04.11.2011 at 23:00

They changed all band profiles section now. It just sucks big time. Why you are changing the appearance of one of the best designed websites all the time ?

Accessibility. A certain layout has been established around the web for these kinds of pages. Look at Wikipedia. They did the same thing just a few months ago. People complained just as much but in the end they all got used to it. And people expect to find certain elements at certain positions like the search bar in the upper right corner. What happened on MS in addition to that is an adaption to the evolution in content the site has seen. Today we regard ourselves more as a magazine than a band database with forums. And the old layout didn't give publications enough room.
Plus, as I already said, there's nothing here that can't be changed if new ideas pop up. In the last year a lot of the changes happened behind the scenes but that doesn't mean we're not monitoring the suggestions thread and discussing it's content.
----
09.11.2011 - 01:24
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
This thread should be named Old old old old old old design - do you remember? Anyhoo, about the new design, I got used to it immediately now. I like it actually that the ratings are right in front of the album/video, because I don't have to select the whole line to check I am looking at the right rating for a certain album, as I used to. And stop complaining so much, this is same as Facebook.... Keeps changing it's layout, people keep complaining and in the end they all stil use it and don't remember in 3 days what the old design looked like. Besides, it's good for the brains to get some action while you have to adjust to something new
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
09.11.2011 - 08:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I won't lie, this is probably the most user-friendly, functional site I've come across. 95% of the changes Ivan makes only improve the site as a whole, while the other 5% are usually discussed and sometimes either reversed or revised.

Even with MA's overhaul MS is much more attractive visually.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.11.2011 - 10:58
vezzy
Stallmanite
Most of the time when web designers make a new layout, they totally butcher the feel of the site. Extreme example is Wikia, which I still haven't fully adapted to.

It's okay here though.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
23.02.2012 - 15:07
Geist

Written by AnGina-- on 28.04.2011 at 21:47

Oh, that brings back memories of Junkyard! And we used to have the + system remeber, you gave a + to someone for a good post or smth Awwww, so vintage. I remember. I'm gonna shed a tear nao.

I remember those days! I spent countless hours posting on this site back then. It was pretty cool, a small community of frequent users all who knew eachother. I discovered the site extremely early in it's first or second incarnation, mainly posting in the forums as a guest user till finally registering in Oct. of '03.
21.03.2012 - 21:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I hate the MA forum, its a carbon copy of 99% of all the other forums out there.

This one is original and easy to use/read.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.03.2012 - 21:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Yeah i remember this old design but when i use to come as a guest on this website to just check it out the bands new albums.
21.03.2012 - 23:45
Mattybu

Written by Boxcar Willy on 21.03.2012 at 21:27

I hate the MA forum, its a carbon copy of 99% of all the other forums out there.

This one is original and easy to use/read.

That and the colour scheme there sucks major balls. Honestly nothing wrong with the forum itself but bad colour schemes will put me off from a website. It just looks like nut dust.