Metal Storm logo
Old design - Do you remember?

14.10.2010 - 15:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OMG I remeber it it was LONG ago, but what is purpose of tread?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.10.2010 - 09:19
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
When was it ?..
20.10.2010 - 11:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AyΣm on 20.10.2010 at 09:19

When was it ?..

In werry werry old days , something 2003
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.10.2010 - 11:58
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
Written by Bad English on 20.10.2010 at 11:57

Written by AyΣm on 20.10.2010 at 09:19

When was it ?..

In werry werry old days , something 2003

Ah, I didn't even know Death Metal existed I think...
20.10.2010 - 15:58
Elio
Red Nightmare
^ lol same

btw it didn't look bad, but yeah, new design is class.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.10.2010 - 16:37
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Wow, I remember that. Blast from the past.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
20.10.2010 - 17:36
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I remember there being a little message at the bottom of the splash page citing that "we aren't the best metal experts here" and also there were less than 20 featured bands....they were all featured on the front page...there was only a message board and not a shitload of forums...but that was right back at the beginning when I was popping in and out and wasn't a member....
01.03.2011 - 15:07
M

New design ? Pls , no !
01.03.2011 - 17:08
IronAngel

I'm not sure if I remember that. I might. I first found MS in the fall of 2003, I think. Some months before registering.

I have a screenshot of the day (or day after) we broke 10 000 users, too. Well I think I do, I can't seem to find it now. That was grand, though I rather liked the small community back then.
02.03.2011 - 22:46
corrupt
With a lowercase c
That would have been the times when there was an explanation what each style was about around here right? I discovered the site back then, around '02. Then forgot about it and only came back when it was v3.
----
03.03.2011 - 03:10
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Yeah, we had those explanations back then. I remember writing some of them
03.03.2011 - 09:43
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by jupitreas on 03.03.2011 at 03:10

Why did you get rid of them?
----
03.03.2011 - 15:03
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Written by corrupt on 03.03.2011 at 09:43

I don't remember what the reason was exactly, I think we thought that most of the explanations were crap and became outdated so we decided to let go of them. Metal isnt a science and can't be categorized into neat little boxes.
04.03.2011 - 17:54
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by jupitreas on 03.03.2011 at 15:03

I don't remember what the reason was exactly, I think we thought that most of the explanations were crap and became outdated so we decided to let go of them. Metal isnt a science and can't be categorized into neat little boxes.

The problem would also be that every time you would talk about definitions and evolutions of genres, it would still be a simplification. It's better people learn on their own by talking to other people than to read some explanation.

Learning by listening and getting involved in the scene is better than learning by reading.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
05.03.2011 - 05:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by jupitreas on 03.03.2011 at 15:03

That and I'd say there's exceptions to every rule.

But man...That page does look old. That pre-dates my arrival. I don't even remember v2 all that well.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.03.2011 - 11:34
Promonex
Cathemeral
I perfectly remember MSv2. I actually have two shirts from back then, purchased a week or two before the switch to MSv3 happened, with the new logo and everything. That was almost five years ago. Haven't managed to buy an MSv3 shirt since.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
05.04.2011 - 13:23
theFIST

Damn, that was beautiful

what a pity we now got a stylistically far inferior design now, that isn"t even as easy to use as the previous version
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
05.04.2011 - 21:38
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by LocalStranger on 14.10.2010 at 01:05

Hi, I found this in my old archive. It reminds me of "Good Old Days" that never were.
I'm bit nostalgic, but new design is surely better.
What do you think?

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/2218/metalstormold.jpg

Yeah...gooood times.
06.04.2011 - 00:14
Ernis
狼獾
Sob...
The old design was so beautiful. It all looked so beautiful and it will never look so beautiful ever again as when it looked like 8 years ago...
06.04.2011 - 11:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I recall the site from roughly back then. found it in '04 via the MS Radio station. remember being able to queue only like two songs at a time. stimulus response. if 30 minutes of power was going on, i'd pick the most horrible black metal as a counter. i wasn't even familiar with a chunk of the bands at the time, just picked what sounded awful.

my first post was on the Meshuggah thread.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.04.2011 - 15:51
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Written by BitterCOld on 06.04.2011 at 11:07

I recall the site from roughly back then. found it in '04 via the MS Radio station. remember being able to queue only like two songs at a time. stimulus response. if 30 minutes of power was going on, i'd pick the most horrible black metal as a counter. i wasn't even familiar with a chunk of the bands at the time, just picked what sounded awful.

Oh man i remember doing that! I used to queue up Forgotten Tomb, Dolorian & Nortt tracks on the MS Radio, partially because i loved those bands & wanted to hear their songs, but mainly as a "Fuck You" to whoever had subjected me to flower metal for the last 40 mins
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
28.04.2011 - 15:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Nefarious on 19.04.2011 at 15:51

Written by BitterCOld on 06.04.2011 at 11:07

Oh man i remember doing that! I used to queue up Forgotten Tomb, Dolorian & Nortt tracks on the MS Radio, partially because i loved those bands & wanted to hear their songs, but mainly as a "Fuck You" to whoever had subjected me to flower metal for the last 40 mins

I did the same
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.04.2011 - 17:04
JD
Account deleted
I remember the old design, because i use this site since 2004-2005, but i registed in 2008, anyway i still have some old saved pages.
28.04.2011 - 21:47
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Oh, that brings back memories of Junkyard! And we used to have the + system remeber, you gave a + to someone for a good post or smth Awwww, so vintage. I remember. I'm gonna shed a tear nao.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
14.05.2011 - 20:11
terrorist

I vote for the old design.I think most of the people agrees with me.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
18.05.2011 - 20:48
theFIST

Written by terrorist on 14.05.2011 at 20:11

I vote for the old design.I think most of the people agrees with me.

i certainly agree
----
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
18.05.2011 - 21:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
New design by far. we've grown as a site and our content has grown drastically. the new design accommodates our added features.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.05.2011 - 09:10
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Heh, I just realised that I've been on this site for 7 years and i have only posted 385 times I've used MS on and off, never really been much of a forum person. But i seem to have started using it quite a bit lately( Thats what work does to you) Oh we should actually put up the evolution of the MS logo. That would be fun to see.
I used to use MS before 2004 for general metal news and the MS compilations, which were awesome i feel.
We should probably go ahead and start that again. What say mods? It promotes new up and coming bands and also a lot of people finds bands that they might like.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
19.05.2011 - 17:38
theFIST

Written by BitterCOld on 18.05.2011 at 21:37

New design by far. we've grown as a site and our content has grown drastically. the new design accommodates our added features.

one could have adapted the design for more content in a way that it could look more interesting, but instead the new design is boring and rectangular.
some more changes in that direction and metalstorm has the design value of a txt document
----
19.05.2011 - 17:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by theFIST on 19.05.2011 at 17:38

Written by BitterCOld on 18.05.2011 at 21:37

...it could look more interesting...

We have a suggestions thread for your thoughts.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."