06. Rapid City/Unchained Assault
07. Queen Of Fire
08. Breaking Through
09. Taken By Desire
10. Serpent Sorceress [limited edition CD bonus]

Staff review by
Susan
Rating:
Cauldron plays straight-up classic metal; nothing more, nothing less. Yet, they have some magic that few other genre bands have. Call it "the It factor" or whatever you like, perhaps it's their great energy, but Burning Fortune has been one of my most played albums so far this year.

Read more ››
published 11.09.2011 | Comments (6)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 170 users
15.10.2010 - 11:20
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Can't Wait Pure Old School Metal at its best
05.05.2011 - 18:21
Rating: 8
Susan
Smeghead
Pretty damn good. Everything is so smooth and effortless in this album.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
22.10.2015 - 18:34
Rating: 5
Joppe
Steelemeister
Underwhelming album IMO, pretty much the same stuff here as on the debut album, but the songs and especially choruses are weaker here. "Miss You To Death", "Frozen In Fire" and "Rapid City/Unchained Assault" are on the right direction, but not quite as strong as songs on the debut. Btw, I wouldn't vote this one so low (I'd rather go 6 or 7) if the material had any originality, but it doesn't, so at the end of the day it's just a little bit less than what you would expect from a Cauldron album.
----
My vision is augmented
04.10.2019 - 19:57
Rating: 8
SebaRaven36

In my opinion this is a very good album all your songs correct. my top 3 songs:

3. Rapid City/Unchained Assault
2. All Or Nothing
1. Queen Of Fire
18.07.2020 - 15:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
First song sorta was strong, then it slipped a bit wheel and still way how he plays, solos, somehow his singing style it was an awesome combination, it worked.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.08.2023 - 19:53
Rating: 6
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
I thought the debut was pretty good so I expected this to be a worthy follow-up but it doesn't quite work the same for me. Other than some cool riffs and a few groovy bass lines it doesn't do much for me, the vocals are underwhelming, and the songwriting and choruses are kinda average imo.
30.08.2023 - 20:29
Rating: 7
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 30.08.2023 at 19:53

I thought the debut was pretty good so I expected this to be a worthy follow-up but it doesn't quite work the same for me. Other than some cool riffs and a few groovy bass lines it doesn't do much for me, the vocals are underwhelming, and the songwriting and choruses are kinda average imo.

I sorta agree with you although I still enjoy this album quite a bit. I hope you check out the next one though! Tomorrow's Lost was one of my highlights of that year and I'm not even a big fan of traditional heavy metal. In particular the tracks "Nitebreaker", "Summoned to Succumb" (my favorite track of them) and "Endless Ways".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.08.2023 - 21:29
Rating: 6
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by X-Ray Rod on 30.08.2023 at 20:29

I sorta agree with you although I still enjoy this album quite a bit. I hope you check out the next one though! Tomorrow's Lost was one of my highlights of that year and I'm not even a big fan of traditional heavy metal. In particular the tracks "Nitebreaker", "Summoned to Succumb" (my favorite track of them) and "Endless Ways".

I will definitely check the following album

Hits total: 9220 | This month: 32