Metal Storm logo
Antimatter - "Alternative Matter" Compilation To Be Released In November

Prophecy Productions press release

On November 29, ten years after the recordings of their debut album Saviour, Antimatter release Alternative Matter a retrospective of another kind. This is not a standard best of album, but a compilation of exclusively unreleased recordings and alternative versions from the archives of the band, compiled by Antimatter mastermind Mick Moss with care and passion. Alternative Matter features demo and acoustic versions of well-known Antimatter songs, live recordings, remixes, and also new recordings which have been conceived especially for this compilation. And in their entirety all these songs tell a yet unknown Antimatter story.

After months of intense work on his anniversary compilation, Mick Moss himself is very pleased with its outcome: "The amazing thing about this compilation is that these pieces were set to tape in many different places during a period of over ten years, yet collected together they form a coherent and united new listening experience, a fascinating alternate history that sounds unlike any prior Antimatter album. I would love to be able to hear this collection in its entirety with fresh ears for the first time, but that's now for the listener to do."

Alternative Matter will be released in two versions: as a digipack double CD with 22 unreleased recordings and a total playing time of more than 100 minutes and as a premium artbook with more than 100(!) pages, three audio CDs and one DVD. The artbook features a comprehensive introduction and in-depth liner notes by Mick Moss as well as a vast amount of photographs illustrating Antimatter's career from 2000 up to now. The DVD features a documentary about Antimatter's history and two video clips. Without a doubt, this retrospetive will draw an impressive line under Antimatter's first decade of existence!

Alternative Matter [cover art] tracklist:

Disc I
01. Black Sun [Dead Can Dance Tribute]
02. The Art Of A Soft Landing [Acoustic, Enhanced]
03. Far Away [Live]
04. Saviour [Reel To Reel Demo]
05. Landlocked [Mick Moss Remix]
06. In Stone [Acoustic, Enhanced]
07. Epitaph [New Version]
08. Terminal [Duncan Patterson Remix]
09. Mr White [Live]
10. Flowers [New Version]
11. Expire [Lackluster Remix]

Disc II
01. God Is Coming [Duncan Patterson Remix]
02. Everything You Know Is Wrong [Acoustic, Enhanced]
03. A Portrait Of The Young Man [Enhanced]
04. Flowers [Acoustic]
05. Holocaust [Reel To Reel Demo]
06. The Art Of A Soft Landing [4 Track Demo]
07. Expire [Atrabilis Sunrise Remix]
08. Over Your Shoulder [Acoustic]
09. Dream [4 Track Demo]
10. Lost Control [Acoustic, Enhanced]
11. Epitaph [Orchestral Mix]

Disc III [Forbidden Matter EP]
01. Fighting For A Lost Cause [Demo]
02. Enjoy The Silence [Live]
03. Angelic [Mick Moss Remix]
04. Over Your Shoulder [Reel To Reel Demo]
05. Holocaust [FreeDoom Remix]
06. The Summer Effect [Instrumental Demo]
07. Angelic [Reel To Reel Demo]

Disc IV [DVD]
- Antimatter "The Small Yesterdays" Documentary
- Epitaph Promo
- Conspire Promo

Source: prophecyproductions.de
Band profile: Antimatter
Posted: 15.10.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 44 users
15.10.2010 - 23:48
necrovamp

Doesn't look bad, shall ahve to buy it if i come across it.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
16.10.2010 - 06:21
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
I am looking forward to this.
----
(space for rent)

Hits total: 3209 | This month: 2