Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Begin Recording New Album

Finnish metallers Nightwish have officially started recording the follow-up to 2007's Dark Passion Play. Drummer Jukka Nevalainen has issued the following update on the band's official website:

"After spending an intensive summer camp on Finnish countryside and putting a final touch to the demo, we started recording the drums for our next album. We gathered together yesterday and set up the drums and all the recording devices. Today was mostly spent just perfecting the sounds. Just like with our last album we got some back-up from Mr. Kai Hahto ( Swallow The Sun & Wintersun), who is known to be able to conjure godly sounds by tuning the drums. The legendary duet of Mikko Karmila and TeeCee Kinnunen are taking care of the engineering again. Tonight ended with a complete take of the first song, so the recording session has now officially started!"

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 17.10.2010 by csiga

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 270 users
17.10.2010 - 00:51
Westvann

Hmm, sounds interesting. can't wait for this album, i hope it will kick ass
17.10.2010 - 01:38
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I thought that they would never begin recording another album...
17.10.2010 - 01:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Why you thought so? it is promised by band members at least since 2009
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.10.2010 - 02:11
mikeprado30

Excellent! I hope Anette's voice will improve her first attempt with Nightwish. Something gives me the feeling that she will be like Ramón Lage in the Spanish band Avalanch, at the beginning he wasn't accepted by the fans, but now he is loved for all of us., all because he has taken the direction to improve in his voice quality, and Anette has told that her vocal level is also soprano, and with practice she will be better, I hope so, for Nightwish's sake (even when I enjoyed greatly the Dark Passion Play)

And also, I hope more Marco's vocal parts
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
17.10.2010 - 02:16
Dead Winter Days

Nightwish I love you so fucking much!!!!!11
17.10.2010 - 04:08
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Hell yes! I can't wait for this new one to come out. I like all of Nightwish's work from Oceanborn to DPP. In my opinion, they have so much more potential with the new singer though.
17.10.2010 - 05:05
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.10.2010 at 04:08

Hell yes! I can't wait for this new one to come out. I like all of Nightwish's work from Oceanborn to DPP. In my opinion, they have so much more potential with the new singer though.

I agree. Dark Passion Play was just straight-up more interesting for me than their previous albums, and that was their first attempt at writing an album with the new singer so given their incredible songwriting talent we can expect something even better. Like DPP ++
17.10.2010 - 05:58
MeTalRea|istiK

Yeah!!!cant wait for this!!!cant get enough with anette..LOVE U ANETTE!!!
17.10.2010 - 06:26
insanity.peppers

As the late Big Kev used to say,

I'M EXCITED
17.10.2010 - 08:15
Symmachus

Good news. I will look forward to this.
17.10.2010 - 09:34
Cassian

I'm wondering how they're gonna do this time. ''Dark Passion Play'' was a really alluring cd.
17.10.2010 - 10:50
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I wish I was I excited about Anette as most of you are... Musically the last album was very good, but her vocals left me with a feeling of weakness and lack of power from her part. But either way I'm exited about this, and I hope her voice will improve.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
17.10.2010 - 11:20
Rasa

Finaly.
17.10.2010 - 14:35
Jon

I'm interested to hear it, but I must admit I'm a little saddened because it means there's Nightwish recordings, a couple of world tours and a whole buttload of other promotion to get through before the next Tarot album
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
17.10.2010 - 14:56
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
New Nigthwish is always interesting. But have mr. Hietala sing more please!
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
17.10.2010 - 19:30
Elodie Artour
Slania
Hell yeah! Finally!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
17.10.2010 - 19:38
Jon

Never been sure about Tuomas being a genius, but the inevitable message board wankery that will doubtless ensue will be a royal pain in the arse. I'm not either side of the fence, I'm equally irritated by the Tarja-loyalists and the Annette lovers. Plenty of badly spelled, over the top forum posts from both camps over the next 12 months I'm sure.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
17.10.2010 - 20:08
Anibx

Written by Irritable Ted on 17.10.2010 at 15:50

Not really thinking about this yet. Will probably be about a year till we get a finished album. Then we will get six months of Tarja lovers complaining how pop it is, while the rest of us enjoy Tuomas' genius.

Agreed
17.10.2010 - 20:11
Anibx

Written by Jon on 17.10.2010 at 14:35

I'm interested to hear it, but I must admit I'm a little saddened because it means there's Nightwish recordings, a couple of world tours and a whole buttload of other promotion to get through before the next Tarot album

Tarot had just release a album. It's time of some nightwish.
17.10.2010 - 22:00
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
I'd wish them good luck, but looking back on their previous releases, they don't need for the recording process. I just hope Tuomas put effort into all of the songs on the album this time, because I don't want to have to listen to three mediocre songs after an awesome song before getting to the next awesome song as in - "Poet and the Pendulum" ("Bye bye whatever" Amawhatever, Cadance of whatever), Master Passion Greed". You had the time Tuomas, you'd better deliver your first real masterpiece.
17.10.2010 - 23:32
Winterthrone

Can't wait to listen to it!
18.10.2010 - 02:23
Damnated_Soul

Putting expectations in this one... Hope they get better than DPP.
18.10.2010 - 09:53
GT
Coffee!!
Nice news indeed
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.10.2010 - 15:17
Jon

Written by Anibx on 17.10.2010 at 20:11

Written by Jon on 17.10.2010 at 14:35

Tarot had just release a album. It's time of some nightwish.

Yeah and that is a sweet-ass album. It's kind of like the weekend - we're now at the point when it's the longest time until another one!
----
18.10.2010 - 19:11
lingus99

You've got to remember that when DPP was written, there was no singer with the band. This new album will be written knowing Anette's range and ability.

I really like DPP, but I must admit not as much as Century Child or Once. I'm still looking forward to this one though.
19.10.2010 - 13:41
RavenKing

The appeal of this band always eluded me. I guess I will never understand how such a boring band can become so popular and draw so much attention.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
19.10.2010 - 14:36
GT
Coffee!!
Written by RavenKing on 19.10.2010 at 13:41

The appeal of this band always eluded me. I guess I will never understand how such a boring band can become so popular and draw so much attention.

The same way some of us can't understand how "puking in a microphone" can be appealing to some
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.12.2010 - 05:50
Sulac

Yes! This means another tour!

Hits total: 4029 | This month: 5