Metal Storm logo
Stevie Ray Vaughan

18.10.2010 - 05:20
I_Die_Often

Thought I'd start this since I saw no other thread about SRV.
Stevie Ray Vaughan was a blues guitarist from Texas and established a reputation as one of the foremost blues guitarists in the world.
I became a fan of his shortly before his death in 1990.
Listening to Stevie gave me an appreciation for the blues and a focus on the emotion embedded in all styles of music.
IMO, he was the greatest.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
26.10.2010 - 02:42
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Am a fan. i actually have the SRV Strat... not that i can play for shit.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.10.2010 - 05:15
Derwood

I discovered Stevie Ray Vaughan's Texas Flood about two years after it's release, around 1985 or so. "Pride and Joy" remains one of my top twenty-five songs. I live in an area Stevie used to frequent since he was good friends with a local blues guitarist named Dave Gogo, but I unfortunately never got to witness one of his surprise jam sessions at a local bar (usually with Dave). Another great guitarist gone too soon.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
26.10.2010 - 19:42
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
"Texas Flood" is probably my favorite "album" of his, with "The Sky Is Crying" (a collection of songs released after his death) at 1b.

Favorite songs would be his cover of Voodoo Chile (Slight Return), Empty Arms (Sky is Crying version), Lovestruck, Texas Flood, and Wham.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.10.2010 - 04:23
I_Die_Often

I have a hard time picking a fav, they're all great!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
25.12.2011 - 00:59
second_coming89
Account deleted
Hmmm so it seems only the older Metalstormers are into him.
Well I love his music, he was a great blues-rock guitarist.
Nice drinking music too

I heard that before he died, he used to sprinkle cocaine in his whiskey. dammmnnnn!