Metal Storm logo
Negură Bunget

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 17.05.2006 - 20:05
The best band in Romania, and one of my favorite ones, Negura Bunget manages to make a very good folk influenced black metal. Their best album IMO is N'Crugu Bradului, it has very good lyrics (although in Romanian, at DarkLyrics you can find the translations), and very high quality instrumentations. The interesting thing about this band is, that it's well known outside Romania, but beyond borders, it's very unknown, even in the BM world.
16.04.2008 - 17:01
Damnated
Churchburner
saw them live last night. they played for about 2 and a half hours and they were just brilliant. the songs they performed were mostly of Om, but they played some old ones too, like Vazduh, II , III etcetera.
if you get the chance to see them, don't hesitate and go to their gig.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.04.2008 - 04:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Damnated on 16.04.2008 at 17:01

saw them live last night. they played for about 2 and a half hours and they were just brilliant. the songs they performed were mostly of Om, but they played some old ones too, like Vazduh, II , III etcetera.

any word on their follow-up to the brilliant "OM?" I visited the site, but unfortunately i'm not so good at Romanian...

(actually, Negura and Bunget are probably the only two words I know...)
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.04.2008 - 13:43
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by BitterCOld on 17.04.2008 at 04:39

Written by Damnated on 16.04.2008 at 17:01

any word on their follow-up to the brilliant "OM?" I visited the site, but unfortunately i'm not so good at Romanian...

(actually, Negura and Bunget are probably the only two words I know...)

i left shortly after the concert was over, so i couldn't talk to them.
they didn't play any new songs, so my guess is that even if they are writing something new, nothing materialized yet. their site has no news either, only the schedule for the romanian tour.
i'm anxious to hear something new from them, though.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.04.2008 - 18:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
thanks for the update!
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.04.2008 - 22:55
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Most of the time in dealing with Black Metal, I'm not sure where to divide among the pretentious and the sincere and I'm still at a loss with this band. I usually just cast aside ideologically artistic value in dealing with BM because I know most of it is bollox, but every now and then you find a band with a different approach to both lyrics, message, and style than your normal clone band, and they sometimes have an almost romantic feel to them, as strange as that may sound. But I believe that is what a lot of people get caught up in with bands like these. There's obviously nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of bands that bring me a similar, euphoric feeling when I am left to myself and listen to them. I want to like this band, but have yet to hear anything that would show me anything worth spending either my time or money on. Time will tell.

However, this is just a pointless elaboration on my flawed opinion seeing as I have never heard an entire album for this band.
----
The force will be with you, always.
10.11.2008 - 19:28
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
I got into this band recently, OM is probably my favorite black metal album ever.
10.11.2008 - 20:26
Ernis
狼獾
"Om" is a fine album...indeed, it's very atmospheric, I like the whispers, the voices of the night and forest and their use of percussion...their lyrical themes and the choice of language, namely Romanian, are major positive sides of their work in general....saw'em live, glad I could....they're indeed a special band....
11.11.2008 - 15:24
FOOCK Nam

Great band. I really love them Their atmosphere in their music is so great. I like all album but mostl listening to OM
12.11.2008 - 23:31
Promonex
Cathemeral
I'm listening to OM right now and am as always stunned by its grandeur and beauty. For me one of the best metal albums of this millennium. Have seen them live four times this year and am quite saddened that their autumn tour doesn't bring them anywhere close to me - initially two dates in my area were planned, but neither ended up confirmed.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
17.03.2009 - 01:33
Feng

A while back I was listening some of Negura Bunget on youtube (mainly OM songs) and after hearing Cunoasterea Tacuta (amazing song) I decided to buy OM. It arrived today, and I went to cunoastera tacuta straight away and.... well it was different. I don't know if I'm the only one but does the quality of the album itself really differ from the videos on the internet? The vocals seem very quiet, and the guitars almost seem to drown out them. I've tried it on different speakers to make sure and its still the same...
Maybe this is how it is meant to sound and I'm just being very picky, but I was just rather surprised.
The album also arrived in pretty bad shape, small cracks on the case and the CD won't stay, the little bits in the middle are broken. I was also rather skeptical about the CD being very plain, just a normal white disc with OM written in little letters on the bottom... is that how its meant to be?
Hmm well that was a negative post, sorry if it seems like I'm just whining and over-reacting
17.03.2009 - 17:42
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Feng on 17.03.2009 at 01:33

The album also arrived in pretty bad shape, small cracks on the case and the CD won't stay, the little bits in the middle are broken. I was also rather skeptical about the CD being very plain, just a normal white disc with OM written in little letters on the bottom... is that how its meant to be?
Hmm well that was a negative post, sorry if it seems like I'm just whining and over-reacting

was it a digipack? that should look like this

----

17.03.2009 - 17:59
Feng

Written by Damnated on 17.03.2009 at 17:42

Written by Feng on 17.03.2009 at 01:33

was it a digipack? that should look like this

Yeah its a digipack, inner casing is the same apart from that the CD is plain white and says OM on it. Even more strange is that it does not even have the little Compact Disc logo on it....
17.03.2009 - 18:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I don't have my copy handy, but i believe mine is white as well. artwork on the case is the same as the scanned one above. sadly i didn't get the super cool bonus version - i was just happy enough to find a copy i could get delivered for under $30.
----

17.03.2009 - 19:08
TheBigRossowski

I just noticed the interview above! When I come back from work I'll have to watch those!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
18.03.2009 - 17:36
TheBigRossowski

@ Damnated, is there any reason in the second interview, that guy talks so slow? At least it seems that way, like he was really hesitant. However, esoterically very accurate and thought out. What I mean to say is, uh, fuckin' groovy man.

I need to buy an album from them. I have some downloaded, but I really need to buy something. AH! What I wanted to write before my wife kicked me off her laptop was about the language. Lot of words are the same in other languages, but just have a different way of saying them. They both said "concept" a few times, but it was pronounced like "conschept" or something. It's weird for me to try and sound out English words in a German way. Psychology... psychologie.. errr
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
21.03.2009 - 22:40
it

Romanian black metal !

Hail
02.04.2009 - 12:42
Damnated
Churchburner
people who enjoy Negură Bunget should check out Marţolea. folk/black metal one man band, with a demo released this year. pretty good stuff. http://www.myspace.com/martolea the guy who plays here played flute on Om i think.
----

10.05.2009 - 18:38
Damnated
Churchburner
the band is basically done. the main creative force, hupogrammos, left the band just recently, and he was replaced instantly with some other members. they will still continue under the Negură Bunget name, but rest assured, it will be a different band.
----

10.05.2009 - 19:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Damnated on 10.05.2009 at 18:38

the band is basically done. the main creative force, hupogrammos, left the band just recently, and he was replaced instantly with some other members. they will still continue under the Negură Bunget name, but rest assured, it will be a different band.

wow. that is terrible news.
----

12.05.2009 - 20:33
NECURATU

I posted it in the news article but perhaps it should be placed here as well.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=53587640&blogId=488653115

No further comments from my side.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
12.05.2009 - 22:35
Damnated
Churchburner
yes, it is official now, the band has disbanded. looking forward to the new Hupogrammos and Sol Faur project.
----

12.05.2009 - 22:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Damnated on 12.05.2009 at 22:35

yes, it is official now, the band has disbanded. looking forward to the new Hupogrammos and Sol Faur project.

Damn, then I must have seen one of their very last gigs at Roadburn on April 25. Shit, last year rouble disbanded after I saw them at Roadburn.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.05.2009 - 22:54
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.05.2009 at 22:53

Written by Damnated on 12.05.2009 at 22:35

Damn, then I must have seen one of their very last gigs at Roadburn on April 25. Shit, last year rouble disbanded after I saw them at Roadburn.

bandkiller! murderer!

(you're catching Manowar at Hellfest, right?)
----

12.05.2009 - 22:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 12.05.2009 at 22:54

Yes, so keeping my fingers crossed.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.05.2009 - 22:57
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.05.2009 at 22:56

about time you used your powers for evil and not good.
----

12.05.2009 - 23:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 12.05.2009 at 22:57

Btw, shouldn't I use my powers for Good instead of Evil?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.05.2009 - 23:31
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.05.2009 at 23:00

Written by BitterCOld on 12.05.2009 at 22:57

Btw, shouldn't I use my powers for Good instead of Evil?

Whether Good or Evil, Manowar splitting up would be a relief.
I might actually happen, after all Emperor did one of their very last shows at Hellfest 2007...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
12.05.2009 - 23:33
Damnated
Churchburner
please stay on topic and whine about the death of the band :3
----

13.05.2009 - 00:48
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Sorry, i'm still in the denial phase at this point in time and joking about is my way of coping. i'm at the office, after all, and cannot start consuming mass quantities of flammable alcoholic liquids.

it's terrible news, absolutely terrible. like Warning, they were a band i stumbled on to after releasing an absolutely fantastic album, that has opted not to continue.

on one hand, as mentioned above, it is terrible.

on the other hand, as with Warning, at least they put out some material - including an absolute masterpiece - and ultimately "went out on top" rather than releasing a slew of subpar albums.
----

13.05.2009 - 02:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Damnated on 12.05.2009 at 23:33

please stay on topic and whine about the death of the band :3

Like Craig/BitterCOld, this is also my way of trying to cope with their demise. Like he said as well, at least they went out on top. And thank God I was still lucky enough to see them live once. Hoepfully the recording of the Roadburn show will be up at www.roadburn.com in a couple of months time so I can flly enjoy their set with ALL the instruments once again.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996