Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul
Both Are Equally Awesome
Max Cavalera and Igor Cavalera
Both Suck

Total votes: 68
21.10.2010 - 02:26
ProjectEndgame
Account deleted
That damn riff from Damageplan is stuck in my head... and I can't help but wonder about Vinnie and Dime. I know they're both great musicians together and seperately, and they both are great at what they do. However I started to go over some Sepultura albums and notice that Igor and Max's tribal beats are just as awesome. And because they're brothers, that got me thinking about who's better.

Pantera had a great influence over the Groove Metal scene with their awesome riffs and Sepultura had a great impact on the metal scene in Brazil with their tribal rhythms. Does that mean that the Abbots are the better of the two, or the Cavalera? I'm interested in your thoughts (also, if you can't decide, their is a third and fourth option).
21.10.2010 - 03:33
MetalFist
Account deleted
I honestly think that Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul are better than Max Cavelera and Igor Cavalera, as they produced better music in my opinion. Still both really good though!
21.10.2010 - 03:38
@gent_-_orange
Has to be Igor and Max for me, Chaos A.D is on of my favourate albums.
21.10.2010 - 04:21
bluegreengod
Account deleted
It's gotta be Dime and Vinnie. Max and Igor are an awesome duo, don't get me wrong -- I love Sepultura, especially Chaos AD, but Pantera's music came straight from the heart. Dime's guitar playing is absolutely sick. He may not have beeen the most technical guitarist out there, but his stuff was (and always will be) so heartfelt and just plain BADASS over those drums! And of course, Rex was always there to tie it all together. Pantera Forever!
21.10.2010 - 06:39
vezzy
Stallmanite
Igor and Max. First four Sepultura albums are simply awesome, never did think Dime and Vinnie could compare well.

Now, as for great musicians together and separately, not really, Vinnie's drumming in Hellyeah is pretty basic, nothing impressive, whereas Max... I haven't heard much Soulfly, to be honest, but I really dislike the style Igor and Max play in Cavalera Conspiracy (pretty sure it's groove, and rather flat one).
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
21.10.2010 - 10:30
Aetherius
Dime and Vinnie ^^ RIP Dimebag
21.10.2010 - 11:29
JD
Account deleted
I voted "Both Are Equally Awesome" cuz i can't vote i love all of them
21.10.2010 - 11:35
terrorist
Equally awesome,you can't chose here.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
21.10.2010 - 13:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Abbot Brothers I thought you talk about Camm Abboth and Criss Abboth
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.10.2010 - 18:55
Juancarg
Is dificult, but for me is better dimebag and vinnie..:banger2:
22.10.2010 - 21:50
Metal George
The Cavalera brothers have been making good music since the beginning of their careers and still continue to.
The Abbot brothers stopped after Pantera's Reinventing the Steel. Damageplan and Hell Yeah are crap.
22.10.2010 - 22:49
ProjectEndgame
Account deleted
Written by Metal George on 22.10.2010 at 21:50

The Cavalera brothers have been making good music since the beginning of their careers and still continue to.
The Abbot brothers stopped after Pantera's Reinventing the Steel. Damageplan and Hell Yeah are crap.

Damageplan isn't that bad. Some of their songs are okay but compared to Pantera they're not as good. I can't say the same for Hellyeah though...
23.10.2010 - 13:04
Autius
The Amott brothers.........
----
Som lyset forsvinner
mørket vokser
som lyset forsvinner
Vi Brenn i mørket
som lyset forsvinner
slutten morgener i nærheten
24.10.2010 - 01:51
ProjectEndgame
Account deleted
Written by Autius on 23.10.2010 at 13:04

I hope you mean Dime and Vinnie instaed of Micheal and Christopher Amott.
24.10.2010 - 16:55
Autius
Written by Guest on 24.10.2010 at 01:51

Written by Autius on 23.10.2010 at 13:04

I hope you mean Dime and Vinnie instaed of Micheal and Christopher Amott.

nope, i mean the amott brothers.... i know they are completely different styles than Pantera/Damageplan and Supultura, but i generally think they are more talented as a duo than the 2 you have up there, but one on one Dime could destroy them back in the day, i personally think vinnie is the dead weight of the duo, not saying he sucks..... but Dime is a WAY better guitarist than Vinnie is a drummer.

of course though my vote went to Dime and Vinnie, because they are the more talented of the 2.
----
Som lyset forsvinner
mørket vokser
som lyset forsvinner
Vi Brenn i mørket
som lyset forsvinner
slutten morgener i nærheten
30.10.2010 - 06:03
I'd have to cast my vote for Vinnie and Dime, because they're both extremely talented in their respective areas.
For Igor and Max... I think Igor is an amazingly talented drummer, perhaps a little moreso than Vinnie Paul, but Max is strictly a rhythm guitarist, using only four strings on a guitar designed for six. I love Sepultura, but I'd say the guitar talent is to be credited to Andreas Kisser.
23.11.2010 - 20:57
I think the Abbott brothers as a duo have created far superior music, although Sepultura is up there in one of my favoprite bands
24.11.2010 - 19:20
Hamird
Lieutenant
Both are equally awesome can be the wise choice I think.
Well Dimebag was a great guitarist, one the greatest guitarists actually. And what he did in Pantera is legendary. In the other hand, Max Cavalera is a great front man and is talented song writer and also write great lyrics.
By the way, I've no idea about Vinnie Paul and Igor Cavalera. Both are really good drummers. Well, anyway I like Igor more.
From any point of view I really can choose, so I solve it by removing the question and just say both are equally awesome.
28.11.2010 - 10:11
Klar
Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul
pantera forever
20.12.2010 - 16:26
bandido
Igor is by far a better drummer than Vin. Dime is a little better guitarrist than Max, but Max's voice is awesome. They used to play different styles though (I'm only talking about Pantera and Sepultura beacause I don't like Damageplan nor Conspiracy nor Soulfly) Anyway, really hard to say! I love them all!
----
"Rockin' every single piece of metal..."
20.12.2010 - 17:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Dime and Vinnie win by far. Igor might be good but his skills are contrasted by Max's "skills" on guitar. Max consistently fails to push the envelope and do really creative stuff on guitar, unlike Dime obviously.
23.03.2011 - 02:54
Axe Argonian
What's interesting is that, in my opinion, these pairs of brothers cancel each other out. Dimebag was a guitar virtuoso, an expert, and a god. His brother, on the other hand, is quite a mediocre drummer and a rude, spiteful schmuck who can not release his grudge towards Phil Anselmo (Though his reluctance to forgive may not be relevant to this thread, I thought that it would be an interesting mention.). Igor Cavalera is a remarkable, ferocious drummer, whereas Max has never really fulfilled his guitar-playing potential. In the end, however, I prefer the Cavalera brothers.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
20.05.2011 - 17:03
Razorback
Both are great, but i prefer Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul a little bit,i think they have better skills,and i am so in love with Pantera i can't even be objective
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!