Low
Souls of Black
Demonic
The Ritual

Total votes: 107
23.10.2010 - 06:23
MetalFist
Account deleted
Simply put, what is your favourite Testament album? For me, its The Gathering, just awesome riffs and great songs. Whats yours?
23.10.2010 - 06:37
Aebsi

The Gathering, it just tops everything they did before it, Testament at the top of their game!
----
Just be Yourself
23.10.2010 - 06:37
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
The New Order Awesome Fucking Album
23.10.2010 - 06:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
This is a very tough decision for me, but I have to go with "The Legacy". Just about every song on it, is a thrash classic. xD
23.10.2010 - 07:07
Derwood

Souls of Black, mostly because of the memories attached to that album for me, though Formation of Damnation is probably my favourite in terms of the music itself. Probably not a coincidence that those are the two tours I saw them on, either.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
23.10.2010 - 07:20
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Wow, I'm surprised The Legacy is actually 3rd in this poll. I'd have to go with The New Order, personally. Perfect melo thrash album. Not to mention the pretty decent Aerosmith cover on it
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
23.10.2010 - 08:36
Kratos

Formation of Damnation for me. It is the only Testament album I could get listen to over and over without getting bored. The drums are also very badass on this album, compared to the other albums, imo.
23.10.2010 - 09:24
vezzy
Stallmanite
The Legacy is their strongest.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
23.10.2010 - 09:26
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
The Legacy all the way. Although they have some good albums in their carrier, The Legacy has never been surpassed. It is a thrash classic and a very unique album.

P.S. Marcel, please don't post here.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
23.10.2010 - 10:59
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Derwood on 23.10.2010 at 07:07

Souls of Black, mostly because of the memories attached to that album for me, though Formation of Damnation is probably my favourite in terms of the music itself. Probably not a coincidence that those are the two tours I saw them on, either.

"Souls Of Black" was the first Testament album I ever heard, and is still a favourite of mine today. The production on it is horrible though!

@Kt'ulu: LOL @ the Marcel comment...
23.10.2010 - 12:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I won The Ritual..maybe I shood say I owned . but for me I have heard all downloadet of corse, but 1th 4 albums was best form, me cant choose one of those , I say 1th 4
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.10.2010 - 19:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
@ktulu... Here I am.

Simple... Thr Legacy of course. It's their only truly goof album. New Order is only half good and the rest I am not even going into.

It's not without reason that only The Legacy is considered a thrash classic the world over.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.10.2010 - 19:15
Thrash666

The New Order reigns over all.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
23.10.2010 - 19:32
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.10.2010 at 19:07
Simple... Thr Legacy of course. It's their only truly goof album.

They goofed?!
----
23.10.2010 - 20:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
nive typo I see. Of course The Legacy is their only good album and they goofed up the rest
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.10.2010 - 20:35
vezzy
Stallmanite
Or if by some strange occurrence they only make good albums when they goof up their original plans.

I wish they'd do that again some time.
----
23.10.2010 - 21:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I still don't understand Marcel's opinion towards Testament. Can you please explain it again? I have never heard his stance towards Testament.
23.10.2010 - 21:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Dangerboner on 23.10.2010 at 21:20

I still don't understand Marcel's opinion towards Testament. Can you please explain it again? I have never heard his stance towards Testament.

His stance is he thinks "The Legacy" is the only good album they did. "The New Order" is half good/half crap, and all their other albums suck.
23.10.2010 - 21:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Lol I know I was joking
23.10.2010 - 22:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Oh! lol Oops..
23.10.2010 - 22:44
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Dangerboner

That was exactly my point.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
24.10.2010 - 04:16
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
The Legacy for me.
Every song on it is mindblowing, my fav being Alone in the Dark. Sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.
25.10.2010 - 22:54
Thrash del Sur

The Gathering for me!!! the most perfect modern sound!
26.10.2010 - 09:11
metalmike

The Gathering. that album is simply ridiculous, the bass (DiGorgio), the drums (Lombardo), the guitars (Smythe & Murphy) and Chuck's powerful vocals. The album is relentless and never stops.
27.10.2010 - 06:05
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
The Gathering.. The first 3 songs give me that "this song is fucking sick" chill up and down to this day when I listen to them in order.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
27.10.2010 - 10:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by metalmike on 26.10.2010 at 09:11

The Gathering. that album is simply ridiculous, the bass (DiGorgio), the drums (Lombardo), the guitars (Smythe & Murphy) and Chuck's powerful vocals. The album is relentless and never stops.

What? Steve Smyth didn't play on The Gathering. He did tour with the band in support of the album, but never actually played on it. The guitars on that album are all done by Eric Peterson and James Murphy.

I really like The Gathering. Even though it is a bit patchy, IMO. It has some awesome songs on it though, like "Eyes Of Wrath", and "DNR". xD
28.10.2010 - 20:12
theFIST

DEMONIC !!!!!!!!!
Growls, unmelodic guitar, Gene Hoglan drums......
That"s what Metal should be
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
31.10.2010 - 00:30
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
The New Order. For me The Legacy is very raw while Practice is too precise; Order fits neatly in between.
----
rekt
01.11.2010 - 12:27
Hellish Star

The Legacy! Only album that deserves a place between the best Thrash albums ever...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
01.11.2010 - 16:49
metalmike

Written by Angelic Storm on 27.10.2010 at 10:26

Written by metalmike on 26.10.2010 at 09:11

What? Steve Smyth didn't play on The Gathering. He did tour with the band in support of the album, but never actually played on it. The guitars on that album are all done by Eric Peterson and James Murphy.

I really like The Gathering. Even though it is a bit patchy, IMO. It has some awesome songs on it though, like "Eyes Of Wrath", and "DNR". xD

My bad, I was thinking about Dragonlord and listening to Zimmer's Hole. You are correct, Smyth toured with them. Peterson played guitar on the album as well.