Metal Storm logo
Most passionate metal singers?

Original post

Posted by NocturnalPoetry, 23.10.2010 - 23:14
Who do you think are the most passionate metal singers? Ones who you can tell by listening to them and seeing them, that they are just exuding emotions.
01.11.2011 - 09:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by The Turbanator on 31.10.2011 at 12:40

NATTRAMN NATTRAMN NATTRAMN!!!

That is all.

if there ever was a vocalist that sounded as fake as can be to me, it's Nattramn.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.11.2011 - 11:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
Feels like someone's going to quote you whatever you post here. It's a tough question, never given it much of a thought. Right now at the top of my head I'd probably go with... Mikael Åkerfeldt, maybe? There's a lot of warmth and emotion in his voice, wether it's growl or clean.
----
01.11.2011 - 12:38
The Turbanator
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.11.2011 at 09:32

if there ever was a vocalist that sounded as fake as can be to me, it's Nattramn.

He's not fake

I also like Fanisk's vocal. That guy has something different in his growls. Probably it's the production, but it's well done. Typhon from Sterbend and also Trist (Czech) deserves a mention too.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
01.11.2011 - 12:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by The Turbanator on 01.11.2011 at 12:38

He's not fake

I also like Fanisk's vocal. That guy has something different in his growls. Probably it's the production, but it's well done. Typhon from Sterbend and also Trist (Czech) deserves a mention too.

Imo his vocals are as fake and contrived as can be as are the stories about his so-called insanity.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.11.2011 - 02:11
The Turbanator
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.11.2011 at 12:39

Written by The Turbanator on 01.11.2011 at 12:38

He's not fake

Imo his vocals are as fake and contrived as can be as are the stories about his so-called insanity.

Yeah his stories are unbelievable. I wouldn't call them fake, just unbelievable. But I don't think his vocals are fake. He also does the growls in between the tracks, those are really good.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
18.01.2012 - 01:22
lordchadi
King diamond
Ronnie James Dio
Eric Adams - manowar
Z. Stephens - savatage
18.01.2012 - 21:33
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Surprised nobody has mentioned anyone from Neurosis, unless I missed it.

----
Brujerizmo!
02.07.2016 - 13:22
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Harri? One day he will evoke the devil. I am pretty sure it can be done by pure vocals and drumming. The secret is that he is the drummer. The drummer should always be the vocalist as the drumming sets the drummer in a trancelike mode.

This is one of the few mythical videos of him, too bad you cant really see him here. No one has ever seen him in daylight.

04.07.2016 - 07:36
Metal Ninja
A few i can think of are Robb Halford, Aaron Stainthorpe, Tony Martin, Bob Catley, Geoff Tate, Warrel Dane, Ronnie James Dio, Tom G Warrior, James LaBrie, Devin Townsend, Jonas Renske, Maynard James Keenan, Nick Holmes.
And someone earlier said about "Nergal" , totally agree!
11.08.2017 - 20:13
da main man
Robb Flynn owns this thread.
12.08.2017 - 02:57
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Bruce Dickinson, Hansi Kürsch, Stephen Frederick, Simon Lavoie, Matt Barlow, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Dio, Stu Block, Youmni Abou Al Zahab, Rob Halford,...

Those are the ones that first come to mind.
29.08.2017 - 20:42
A LOT more on the post hardcore side but Rory Rodriguez is EXTREMELY emotional.
30.08.2017 - 09:52
soltar777
I hear a lot of emotion from As I Lay Dying's singer: Tim Lambesis. I know they kind of have a bad image as a band, but I've been pretty unhappy lately and they've really helped me to recover from the sadness to be honest.