Metal Storm logo
Jesse Pintado - Death Of Terrorizer's (Ex Napalm Death) Guitarist

Guitarist Jesse Pintado (TERRORIZER, ex-NAPALM DEATH) died over the weekend in a hospital in Holland, Century Media Records has confirmed. A pioneer in our musical genre, Jesse and his influential sound will be sorely missed. BLABBERMOUTH.NET would like to offer our most sincere condolences to his family and friends. Century Media Records will make a further announcement later in the week.

In a recent interview with Rockdetector.com, Pintado spoke about his final days in NAPALM DEATH.

"The departure was basically due to a variety of reasons," he said. "We shared a house together, we toured together, we were always together, but people move on. Along the way there was a little rough bumps, though I don't know. In my situation it got to the point where I needed a little fresh start. I'm still good friends with the guys; there's no animosity there, we're all cool, and they're happy with what I'm doing."

Asked if the media twisted the situation in some ways since it was reported that the band stated he had personal problems and alcohol issues," Pintado replied, "Yeah, of course. The other day I was browsing the Internet, and they stated I was dead! I thought 'Oh shit, I'm dead!' I really don't pay much attention to that."

Pintado's final release was the long-awaited TERRORIZER reunion CD, entitled "Darker Days Ahead", which came out last week via Century Media Records.

Source: blabbermouth.com
Posted: 29.08.2006 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 1 user
29.08.2006 - 03:10
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Holy crap!

It wasn't that long ago that he was still playing in Napalm Death! Do you know how exactly he died? Or will that be announced by Century Media later on?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
29.08.2006 - 03:19
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Fuck. They are just dying out like Mammoth's these days. R.I.P.
----
The force will be with you, always.
29.08.2006 - 03:57
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
R.I.P. Jesse...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.08.2006 - 04:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
damn this fucking sucks
29.08.2006 - 05:47
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 29.08.2006 at 04:21

damn this fucking sucks

Fuck, this Fucking Sucks in-fucking-deed, damn, shit, FUCK! I mean, like, WTF? even in my ex high school some girl suicided, Jon from Dissection too, and other 4 sweden musicians that unfortunately i didnt get to hear their music. But the point is, why the fuck are they all dying?
29.08.2006 - 08:26
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Always sad to hear the news of our fellow metalheads deaths, seems theres been a quite a few lately which is very unfortunate... and FREAKIN SUCKS!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
29.08.2006 - 09:06
lordz
IzZo
DAAAMMMMN..... Another one dead... that sucks big time
29.08.2006 - 12:12
ylside

Written by Clintagräm on 29.08.2006 at 03:19

Fuck. They are just dying out like Mammoth's these days. R.I.P.

Same...
29.08.2006 - 14:49
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Raiden on 29.08.2006 at 03:10

It wasn't that long ago that he was still playing in Napalm Death! Do you know how exactly he died? Or will that be announced by Century Media later on?

According to Century Media Records, Guitarist Jesse Pintado (Terrorizer, ex-Napalm Death) died this past weekend at a hospital in Holland, reportedly from complications of a diabetic coma. A founding member of Terrorizer, Pintado joined Napalm Death in 1989 before being ousted in 2004.

RIP
----
Your favorite band sucks.
29.08.2006 - 15:51
Damnated
Churchburner
Shit, musicians are falling like flies nowadays. Didn't knew the guy, but still, it's a loss RIP
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.08.2006 - 16:21
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Musicians rise and fall but their names will never be forgotten.

R.I.P Jesse
30.08.2006 - 02:54
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by Thryce on 29.08.2006 at 14:49

Written by Raiden on 29.08.2006 at 03:10

According to Century Media Records, Guitarist Jesse Pintado (Terrorizer, ex-Napalm Death) died this past weekend at a hospital in Holland, reportedly from complications of a diabetic coma. A founding member of Terrorizer, Pintado joined Napalm Death in 1989 before being ousted in 2004.

RIP

Thanks Thryce. It sure is sad news. I read that the members of Napalm Death still can't believe it's happened.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
31.08.2006 - 05:37
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Man, just recently Jon Nödtveidt died and now Pintado? It is as if death would be focusing in Metal Gods these days.
----
Christless
31.08.2006 - 12:02
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Thanks for that added piece of information Thryce.
----

Hellcunt Smurf

Hits total: 4904 | This month: 40