Metal Storm logo
James LaBrie - North American Tour Cancelled

Ealier this month, we reported about James LaBrie's first solo headlining tour in five years. But now it seems he is forced to cancel the North American trek. The following statement was released regarding the cancellation:

"It is very difficult for what I am about to say. The Static Impulse Tour has been cancelled due to some unfortunate, unforeseen difficulties with securing work visas for a couple of the guys. It would be virtually impossible for us to have these visas processed on time to begin the tour let alone the rehearsals which were scheduled for the week prior to the first show.

I don't know what to say other than we are all in shock and can only hope we can make this a reality at some point in the near future. I am really sorry to everyone who has gone out and purchased the meet and greets and show tickets. This totally sucks and I'm sure you're all quite upset and have every right to be. I can only ask for your understanding and forgiveness and assure you that when we are in a position (hopefully in the near future) to tour all of this will have been taken care of well in advance or it just won't happen."

Static Impulse was released in North America on September 28 (one day earlier internationally) via InsideOut Music. Need more album details? Click here.

Source: jameslabrie.com
Band profile: James LaBrie
Event: James LaBrie [CANCELLED]
Posted: 30.10.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 123 users
30.10.2010 - 19:10
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
[like skywalker]No. No. That's not true. That's impossible![/luke skywalker]
----
(space for rent)
30.10.2010 - 23:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well that SUCKS...it would've been fucking awesome to see Labrie without Dream Theater...that would've been a bit different...maybe next time...
30.10.2010 - 23:36
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Guest on 30.10.2010 at 23:29

Well that SUCKS...it would've been fucking awesome to see Labrie without Dream Theater...that would've been a bit different...maybe next time...

I saw him back in 2005 with the Elements tour and it was amazing. Where a DT show now has thousands and thousands there, this show was about 60 people + Rus Allen.
----
(space for rent)
30.10.2010 - 23:59
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well, a James Labrie show probably has more people nowadays then just 60+
31.10.2010 - 04:55
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Guest on 30.10.2010 at 23:59

Well, a James Labrie show probably has more people nowadays then just 60+

I'm not too sure about that... people still seem to see Labrie as the weakest link in DT
31.10.2010 - 07:25
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Oh really....and what the fuck is wrong with James Labrie's solo career? It isn't weak at all!
31.10.2010 - 11:15
nb

I hate asking for visas.
31.10.2010 - 13:06
ruffio

This seems to happen quite a bit regarding work visa's...
31.10.2010 - 23:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Guest on 31.10.2010 at 07:25

Oh really....and what the fuck is wrong with James Labrie's solo career? It isn't weak at all!

Nothing at all... I love James Labrie. I tried to get some people together to go see him at the Troc in Philly and saw the attitude people have towards him...
His solo career is worthy of praise, but some people just don't like his voice I guess.
01.11.2010 - 04:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
You're right though...I guess I could go with the tired old comment that many people out there like Dream Theater but hate Labrie's voice...I for one like his voice nowadays...and the music is respectable that is on his solo albums...
15.11.2010 - 17:24
hshs

The whole story about cancelling the tour because of Visas is pure BS.
According to soundscan (http://www.metalinsider.net/metal-by-numbers/metal-by-numbers-1013-a-hell-of-a-low-week-for-sales#more-14646) James' new album sold a whooping 830 copies when it debuted. Yes, you read that right only eight-hundred and thirty copies.
It is obvious you can't do a US tour when you sell only 830 copies of your album, the ticket sales just don't justify a tour. Sorry folks.

Obviously he is not going to admit to cancelling the tour because his album flopped..

The story about only 60+ people going to see his shows sounds about right..
If he did a 10 city US tour and every person who bought a copy of his album went to see his show, you would still have around 80 people per show.. and that is an optimistic number.

Hits total: 3882 | This month: 3