07. New World Order
08. Fast Lane
09. Black Swan
10. Wrecker
11. Millennium Of The Blind
12. Deadly Nightshade
13. 13

Additional info
Exclusive limited vinyl edition includes Th1rt3en split across two picture-discs, retaining the correct track order. Each disc includes art from the album package as well as an exclusive album poster

Guest review by
AndMetalForAll
Rating:
2011 set big expectations for Megadeth for that year and for 2012. After huge "Big 4" shows, the return of Dave Ellefson and "the kiss and make up" between Dave Mustaine, Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield, finally two of the pioneers of thrash metal, Megadeth and Metallica are together. Certainly Th1rt3en is a great way to show the good vibes they are transmitting since 2010.

Read more ››
published 05.02.2012 | Comments (17)

Found in 52 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 8

Comments: 237   Visited by: 1794 users
10.07.2011 - 06:21
SODOM666
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.07.2011 at 10:49

Written by SODOM666 on 09.07.2011 at 09:20

I wonder which album will be better, Megadeth's new one or Anthrax's... I hope they both kick ass!

My prediction, is they will both kick ass, but Anthrax being back with Joey Belladonna should swing it just in Anthrax's favour! lol xD

Yeaa judging by Anthrax's new song I would have to agree
----
Wendy's frostys are "black metal."
11.07.2011 - 00:48
virtual-x
Hellyeah! Dave Mustaine = King
11.07.2011 - 17:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Just found some live footage of a song from the new album called "Public Enemy NO.1". Not sure what to make of it really... It's pretty good I guess. lol

14.07.2011 - 17:06
Rating: 6
DrM
DreaMutilated
I was at the Megadeth show here in Israel a few months ago, and I just couldn't headbang. Just couldn't feel it. Some of my friends contradicted me, said it was a great concert, but I just didn't feel it.

I was able to headbang wildly listening to Rust in Peace and Endgame the day after, so if I could hazard a guess I'd say that Dave's boys are getting tired. And it shows in this clip. Live shows don't do their songs justice, so I can't really make out whether it's a good material. Probably would just have to wait for the official release.
18.07.2011 - 23:48
Rating: 7
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.07.2011 at 17:30

Just found some live footage of a song from the new album called "Public Enemy NO.1". Not sure what to make of it really... It's pretty good I guess. lol

Yay. I was there.
Also, is it just me, or does that song bear some resemblance to "Tornado of Souls"?

I expect it to be a solid album, but certainly not their best. I hope that the crappy title virus does not spread and mutate into crappy music virus.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
21.07.2011 - 05:20
Rating: 8
Mad Mike
Unfortunately, I think Dave outdid himself with Endgame so it'll be hard to top. Meh... as long as there are some government "conspiracy" themed songs on this album, I'll be happy.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
25.07.2011 - 09:13
ToMegaTherion
The way Megadeth are going over the last 7 years, I am pleased to see that Dave Mustaine didn't quit. Endgame was a very good album, and since TSHF he has been consistently very good.
28.07.2011 - 10:52
RudyLatos
Can't wait to buy it
28.07.2011 - 22:32
thehondo
It will kick ass, no doubt in my mind. Yah, they are tired, they've toured as much as anybody the last few years. With Ellfson back and contributing so much, I think they have a new found energy. Ive seen A LOT, of live footage and this is not the best, but sometimes, its the crowd not knowing the song. Dover is solid and Broderick...WHEW!! Theres not many better. Cant wait!!
----
No time like the present
28.07.2011 - 23:45
Void Eater
Account deleted
Stupid title, but it's Megadeth, which is synonymous with "Better than your shitty band" to whoever happens to be reading this.
30.07.2011 - 15:50
superbarhom
waitiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
----
super barhom
31.07.2011 - 03:17
Zombie94
Written by Kratos on 02.11.2010 at 05:07

Should be interesting, just hope there arn't as many unnecessary guitar solos as Endgame

...such blasphemy I love Broderick's solos, best guitarist they've had since the golden days of Marty Friedman imo!
31.07.2011 - 20:41
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I'm okay with Public Enemy #1 but I love Never Dead. Sounds like the sickest song even if you can barely hear it over the trailer.
03.08.2011 - 06:27
Mattybu
I saw public enemy no. 1 live, decent song, if the rest of the album is like that it should be ok. And that little bit of neverdead in the Never Dead trailer from E3. Damn that game looks awesome.

Also, I have to wonder why they picked such a stupid name for the album...

Band member: "Hey guys, this is our 13th album... What if we called it... THIRTEEN! No, wait, TH1RT3EN! Both visually unnatractive, and unimaginative!"

Dave Mustaine: "Sounds good to me. I'm just glad I'm done with all that black magic man. Don't get into the black magic man..."
09.08.2011 - 22:09
John Shock
Written by Mattybu on 03.08.2011 at 06:27

I saw public enemy no. 1 live, decent song, if the rest of the album is like that it should be ok. And that little bit of neverdead in the Never Dead trailer from E3. Damn that game looks awesome.

Band member: "Hey guys, this is our 13th album... What if we called it... THIRTEEN! No, wait, TH1RT3EN! Both visually unnatractive, and unimaginative!"

Dave Mustaine: "Sounds good to me. I'm just glad I'm done with all that black magic man. Don't get into the black magic man..."

What do you mean Black Magic? (that's a song from slayer's first album)
10.08.2011 - 03:14
Mattybu
Written by John Shock on 09.08.2011 at 22:09

Written by Mattybu on 03.08.2011 at 06:27

What do you mean Black Magic? (that's a song from slayer's first album)

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Good song too, pretty fun to play. I was referring to Dave Mustaine's involvement with black magic (like voodoo shit) in his early years. He mentions it in tons of interviews, he'll be like "yeah, that black magic stuff really takes a toll on you, I'm glad I have changed" or whatever. The song The Conjuring is even based on one of his black magic spells, or something. I just it pretty funny
14.08.2011 - 07:58
Death_95
The album is just 6 songs ?
14.08.2011 - 12:00
Rating: 6
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Death_95 on 14.08.2011 at 07:58

The complete tracklist has not been released yet.
16.08.2011 - 21:14
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Written by Death_95 on 14.08.2011 at 07:58

I think I saw on Wikipedia that it'd be around 12 songs. Dave wants to finish his contract.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
20.08.2011 - 08:54
BloodFireDeath
I just hope its better than Endgame. Wasnt a fan of that album.
----
Goodspeed on the Devils Thunder
07.09.2011 - 21:05
John Shock
I saw 13 tracks on wikipedia...but wikipedia lies a lot! So...nothing is revealed yet! About the cover...when i saw it the first time...about ten minutes...i just said "fuck" a couple of times, around 30 times...one after the other! But that "fuck", i really don't know what that means in my opinion...well i have no words to describe that cover! ...I don't know if it's cool or not! Help me please
07.09.2011 - 21:15
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The album cover is better than the one for "Endgame", but it's still a bit meh... Im still not really a fan of digitised album covers... I keep wishing they'd get Ed Repka back to paint their covers again, but it'll probably never happen.

I think the tracklist on wikipedia is at least partially fake. "Milennium Of The Blind" and "New World Order" have been available for years on the remastered edition of "Youthanasia", and both were recorded at the time of that album. So they are old songs, and almost certainly won't be on "13". "Black Swan" was a bonus track on "United Abominations", so again, its highly unlikely that will be on the album either! It was probably some idiot just editing the page, trying to be smart...
07.09.2011 - 22:26
SlaytanicGonzo
Just heard the new single Public Enemy No 1. Pretty generic, not bad, but not impressed at all. I hope the full album is better.
07.09.2011 - 22:30
Lit.
Account deleted
Public Enemy #1 sounds pretty good. Better studio than live.
07.09.2011 - 23:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I've just heard it now as well... I really like it! It does have "single" written all over it... simplistic song structure, short and catchy... But it's not bad at all! xD
08.09.2011 - 00:44
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.09.2011 at 21:15

The album cover is better than the one for "Endgame", but it's still a bit meh... Im still not really a fan of digitised album covers... I keep wishing they'd get Ed Repka back to paint their covers again, but it'll probably never happen.

I think the tracklist on wikipedia is at least partially fake. "Milennium Of The Blind" and "New World Order" have been available for years on the remastered edition of "Youthanasia", and both were recorded at the time of that album. So they are old songs, and almost certainly won't be on "13". "Black Swan" was a bonus track on "United Abominations", so again, its highly unlikely that will be on the album either! It was probably some idiot just editing the page, trying to be smart...

Agreed on the cover, better than endgame for sure, and I feel the same way about digitized covers, Ed Repka would be awesome. I frequently post on the Megadeth forums on their website and according to an interview with mustaine, that is the tracklisting, , the three old songs are all redone says Mustaine... don't know how I feel about that yet, either way I like all the songs I've heard thus far and I like the tracks that they appear to be "redoing"

We shall see!
Cheers!
08.09.2011 - 01:02
Void Eater
Account deleted
I have a feeling that this is just going to be a subpar rehashing of Endgame, although I did quite like Endgame. For some reason I'm not overly excited about this.
08.09.2011 - 01:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by HoleInTheSky1985 on 08.09.2011 at 00:44
Agreed on the cover, better than endgame for sure, and I feel the same way about digitized covers, Ed Repka would be awesome. I frequently post on the Megadeth forums on their website and according to an interview with mustaine, that is the tracklisting, , the three old songs are all redone says Mustaine... don't know how I feel about that yet, either way I like all the songs I've heard thus far and I like the tracks that they appear to be "redoing"

We shall see!
Cheers!

The best Megadeth album cover since "Rust In Peace" was the one for "The System Has Failed". Even though Ed himself didn't do the cover, it was clearly inspired by his style. It would be awesome if he came back to do at least one more album cover for Megadeth...

Really, that's the tracklisting? I'd love to read that interview... Ah well, I always felt that "New World Order" and "Black Swan" were good enough to be on the studio albums they were originally recorded for, so it's great they finally are getting a deserved place on a proper Megs studio album. xD I'm very surprised at "Milennium Of The Blind" being on the album though... one of the riffs in that song was reused for "1000 Times Goodbye" from "The World Needs A Hero". :\ Hopefully Dave will remove that riff from the song and give it it's own proper identity...
08.09.2011 - 01:32
When I first saw TSHF album cover I flipped! Great cover(and great album)! Let me see if I can find the interview again for you!
08.09.2011 - 01:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by HoleInTheSky1985 on 08.09.2011 at 01:32

When I first saw TSHF album cover I flipped! Great cover(and great album)! Let me see if I can find the interview again for you!

Agreed, the album is great! It's my fave since RIP. xD

And thank you! \m/

Hits total: 45394 | This month: 83