Metal Storm logo
The Autumn Offering - Are Calling It Quits

Matt McChesney, vocalist of US metalcore act The Autumn Offering, has issued an official statement announcing the band is taking a "long break," and quite possibly even breaking up. Here's the full message:

"Due to guitarist Tommy Church leaving the band, as well as a million other things, we have decided to take a long break. Possibly just end it, depending on what happens. We haven't been dropped by our label or anything, we are just burnt out.

There is no reason to go on and on with bullshit, we are all friends. All you guys know we love you. Personally, I wish everyone well, in whatever they choose to do. As for myself, I have a new band with guitarist Jesse Nunn. We will enter the studio next month with producer Logan Mader to start our new record. It's not going to be a metal band, as I am personally done with metal for awhile. I'm disgusted with the state of it, and I dont want to be a part of it.

I've always been a well rounded musician, and the early 90's movement of bands such as Soundgarden and Alice In Chains have always held a special place in my heart. I've always wanted to front a rock band, and I'm exited to start. There's been quite a bit invested into this project by some powerful people, so the pressure is on. We plan to deliver. I'm sure whatever Brian and Tom decided to do, it will be rad. They are great musicians. Matt Johnson has become quite the engineer, I'm sure he will leave his mark.

Take care everyone, it's been a blast."

The band released a self-titled album on August 31 via Victory Records.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Posted: 02.11.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 46 users
02.11.2010 - 15:00
iMorphball

"It's not going to be a metal band, as I am personally done with metal for awhile. I'm disgusted with the state of it, and I dont want to be a part of it."

Hmm...

"Matt McChesney, vocalist of US metalcore act The Autumn Offering"

Wait...

"US metalcore"

"I'm disgusted with the state of it"

Interesting...
02.11.2010 - 22:34
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Hmmm too bad. Call them metalcore, metal, whatever, these guys were one of the better american bands (not that that's saying much) and it's too bad to see them quit. Maybe McChesney can find happiness in whatever he's doing. Sounds like the next time we see him, he'll be wearing a flannel and some doc martens and in desparate need of a good shampooing.

Hits total: 2245 | This month: 8