Metal Storm logo
Believer

03.11.2010 - 11:33
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
It's about time somebody created a thread for this fairly unknown band. Believer is a Technical Thrash band from the US and a Christian one actually. They started out with a rather average Extraction from Mortality in 1989, which doesn't really offer that much to be impressed with. Released in 1990, Sanity Obscure was a much stronger effort, much more original and just turned out to be a great album. Both albums actually have some violins, and the latter features some operatic vocals (check out "Dies Irae (Day of Wrath)"), the two elements which would later be an integral part of the epic masterpiece Dimensions released in 1993 and considered their best by many.

In 1994 Believer broke up as the members decided to pursue other goals.

Somewhere around 2005, Joey Daub (drums) and Kurt Bachman (guitar, vocals) got together and started writing new material, which resulted in a comeback album entitled Gabriel, which in my humble opinion kicks all the previous albums' asses. It sounds different than anything they did before. The album features heavy use of keyboards and sampling, violin (courtesy of Scott Laird just like 20 years ago) and showcases amazing songwriting abilities which haven't faded away in the hiatus years.

Currently the band are writing material for the next album, which should come out somewhere in spring!

Discuss this amazing, unique band!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
03.11.2010 - 11:35
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Listened to Dimensions for the first time on CD yesterday and it was quite a different experience from mp3 (duh).
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

03.11.2010 - 21:03
Hellish Star
Great band. I own:
-Dimensions
-Gabriel

Especially last CD was awesome
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
03.11.2010 - 21:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
A very good band I own all their albums.
i saw them live when they toured Europe as support of their Sanity Obscure album. Interviewed them back then and introduced them to Skyclad's who just had their debut out. They really enjoyed that sort of folkish thrash. Btwk really genuinely nice guys the guys Believer are.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.11.2010 - 23:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good band I know because Markku(what heppened whit him ) likes this band, he long ago suggest it
Havnt heard band long time, but I know this is good band, I like it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.11.2010 - 00:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I have dimensions (from back in the day, and was a bit much for me at the time) and the relaunch. like the stuff, but Sanity Obscure would most likely be closest to my liking, based upon the track that made the cut for the original Death's Door comp.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.11.2010 - 00:59
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
I really like Gabriel (It was such a slow grower though, but afterwards I reaped rewards ). I should check out their earlier stuff soon
----
loves 小巫
04.11.2010 - 03:01
Vikcen
Metálico
Interesting this Gabriel... i will check it.
03.02.2011 - 21:18
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Believer completes mixing and mastering for upcoming album

This year will be ridiculously good!
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

08.03.2011 - 22:49
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
A song from the new album. Listened twice. Didn't like it. What do you think? Sounds kind of like their style but mixed with some modern crap.

----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

09.03.2011 - 18:29
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by K✞ulu on 08.03.2011 at 22:49

A song from the new album. Listened twice. Didn't like it. What do you think? Sounds kind of like their style but mixed with some modern crap.

Well, for the moment doesn't seem thrash in any of its forms, we will have to see the whole album. The song is not bad, have its point =), according to the concept of the album can be interesting.
15.03.2011 - 02:42
SilentScream
Blasphemer

I am not liking this at all : the groove is annoying and the rest is..I dunno...

I only know ''Sanity Obscure'', a good but inconsistent album. Is there anything else worth listening in their discography?
15.03.2011 - 09:46
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by SilentScream on 15.03.2011 at 02:42

I am not liking this at all : the groove is annoying and the rest is..I dunno...

I only know ''Sanity Obscure'', a good but inconsistent album. Is there anything else worth listening in their discography?

Yeah, "Dimensions" is definitely on par with "Sanity Obscure," and I think many would argue it's their best, sort of the magnus opus. But also I loved "Gabriel," but it took me quite some time to get into it...
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

05.10.2011 - 23:04
Markku
Account deleted
I have somehow missed the fact that they have released a new album. Anyhow, sounds like Old Believer + Pantera + Therion + Linkin Park based on the couple of tracks I have just listened.
06.10.2011 - 09:58
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Guest on 05.10.2011 at 23:04

I have somehow missed the fact that they have released a new album. Anyhow, sounds like Old Believer + Pantera + Therion + Linkin Park based on the couple of tracks I have just listened.

hahaha, nailed it. review coming soon...

P.S. Not sure of Pantera though .
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner