Metal Storm logo
DragonForce - Best album

Poll

What is the according to you best album DragonForce.

Valley Of The Damned
Sonic Firestorm
Inhuman Rampage
Ultra Beatdown

Total votes: 50
03.11.2010 - 15:41
Immortal SEP
Account deleted
Found out I'm as though that isn't subject DRAGONFORCE and their best album, so I'm it class with. Umpired I'm among "Valley Of The Damned" and "Sonic Firestorm". In the end I'm find for début "Valley Of The Damned". First two scrapbooks are much single-level memory and gradual next albums their rate of swelling decays. Like fast melodious Power Metal and that is just "Valley". "Inhuman Rampage" is also excellent album. "Ultra Beatdown" them of already something inferior.
03.11.2010 - 15:59
MeTalRea|istiK

Valley awesome..other average!!
03.11.2010 - 19:26
Luneth
Account deleted
Either Sonic Firestorm or Inhuman Rampage for me, I chose Sonic Firestorm though, just love 'Soldiers of the Wasteland'
03.11.2010 - 19:33
Pazu

For me it's Inhuman Rampage. I love "The Flame of Youth" and of course "Through The Fire and Flames." Valley of the Damned with the amazing "Black Fire" comes close though. It's just too bad, that all the albums of DragonForce have so many filler songs. Many of them sound the same, and they all are cheesy as hell:

"Now here we stand with their blood on our hands,
we fought so hard, now can we understand?
I'll break the seal of this curse if I possibly can,
for freedom of every man!"...

Sometimes that cheesiness is all I want though. ^^
03.11.2010 - 23:04
RavenKing

I don't know how we could vote for a best album, considering that it's the same shit over and over since "Sonic Firestorm".
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
03.11.2010 - 23:07
PM
Hail Lusitânia
Valley Of The Damned... More unique and with an essence that I like xD
----
PM is a pink elephant, and can be found at the bamboo forests of Greenland...
04.11.2010 - 10:28
Sostoa

Well,

I guess Valley of The Damned was a big surprise. Still, I prefer Sonic Firestorm
04.11.2010 - 12:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Probably Valley is the best, but i still like Sonic Firestorm too
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.11.2010 - 16:33
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by Guest on 03.11.2010 at 15:41

Found out I'm as though that isn't subject DRAGONFORCE and their best album, so I'm it class with. To me is personally best debut "Valley Of The Damned".

Please elaborate on your opening post as to why you think that that album is their best.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
04.11.2010 - 19:07
Immortal SEP
Account deleted
Written by Raiden on 04.11.2010 at 16:33

Written by Guest on 03.11.2010 at 15:41

Found out I'm as though that isn't subject DRAGONFORCE and their best album, so I'm it class with. To me is personally best debut "Valley Of The Damned".

Please elaborate on your opening post as to why you think that that album is their best.

It do you want to perhaps made review or what?
05.11.2010 - 01:12
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 03.11.2010 at 23:04

I don't know how we could vote for a best album, considering that it's the same shit over and over since "Sonic Firestorm".

The ignorant non musical opinion is invalid.
05.11.2010 - 03:09
Vikcen
Metálico
Well, for me clearly the best are Valley Of The Damned and Sonic Firestorm by far. But i prefer Valley Of The Damned.
05.11.2010 - 10:38
MetalFist
Account deleted
I went Ultra-Beatdown. I know its their worst, but personally, i prefer it to the other albums.
05.11.2010 - 13:08
RavenKing

Written by Guest on 05.11.2010 at 01:12

Anyone can see that they repeat themselves to death and have no songwriting ability.
----
05.11.2010 - 14:58
MetalFists

Dragonforce are pure crap. so i voted for ultra beatdown coz it makes me laugh the most
05.11.2010 - 16:38
Saviour73

Written by Guest on 03.11.2010 at 19:26

Either Sonic Firestorm or Inhuman Rampage for me, I chose Sonic Firestorm though, just love 'Soldiers of the Wasteland'

Totall agree with you, I also chose Sonic Firestorm. Every song on that album is so amazing! Especially Fury of the Storm.
05.11.2010 - 23:00
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 05.11.2010 at 13:08

Anyone can see that they repeat themselves to death and have no songwriting ability.

So do AC/DC, KISS, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Accept, and Slayer.
And look where they are.
For me it's Inhuman Rampage. I like the early stuff, but Through the Fire and Flames just takes me.
06.11.2010 - 13:55
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 05.11.2010 at 23:00

Written by RavenKing on 05.11.2010 at 13:08

So do AC/DC, KISS, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Accept, and Slayer.
And look where they are.
For me it's Inhuman Rampage. I like the early stuff, but Through the Fire and Flames just takes me.

Exactly, what kind of moron would suggest that every album a band releases is different? How would a band accumulate any fanbase if they had no defining style? What a stupid thing to say 'they all sound the same'

Not only from a musical perspective (if you play ANY musical instrument you must be able to descern quite easily that it most definetly is NOT the same thing all the time) but just from a logical perspective...as the poster above me stated quite clearly, a lot of bands keep their style the same throughout their career...like I said, it's how you develop a fanbase...isn't that kind of obvious? You don't have to be Stephen Hawkings to understand that I'm sorry.

Furthermore, why bring an unwarranted opinion into a thread that is quite clearly intended for fans of DragonForce? That's called trolling;)
07.11.2010 - 14:43
RavenKing

@Luneth: Calm down. I don't care if you call me a moron or troll or whatever, simply because the opinions of people on forums don't matter to me. The opinion of metalheads or the so-called metal community, I put up my ass. If you're not happy with my opinion, it's not my problem and you can go fuck yourself, for all I care.

The difference between the other bands mentioned on this thread and Dragonforce is the other bands, while sticking to their style and repeating themselves a lot, are still writing songs. Dragonforce's material is not songs, only stupid mindless shredding with no structure.
For someone like me who don't care at all for guitar solos and hate high-pitched shredding, hearing a song from Dragonforce is an auditive torture.
----
07.11.2010 - 15:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Valley Of The Damned. Its their only album which I love just about all of. The others maybe have 2 or 3 songs I like, but there's not enough variation on them... :\
29.11.2010 - 12:21
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 07.11.2010 at 14:43

@Luneth: Calm down. I don't care if you call me a moron or troll or whatever, simply because the opinions of people on forums don't matter to me. The opinion of metalheads or the so-called metal community, I put up my ass. If you're not happy with my opinion, it's not my problem and you can go fuck yourself, for all I care.

The difference between the other bands mentioned on this thread and Dragonforce is the other bands, while sticking to their style and repeating themselves a lot, are still writing songs. Dragonforce's material is not songs, only stupid mindless shredding with no structure.
For someone like me who don't care at all for guitar solos and hate high-pitched shredding, hearing a song from Dragonforce is an auditive torture.

For someone who cares so little about being called a moronic troll; you sure have a lot to say.

Adieu
03.12.2010 - 08:40
tweetbombardier

Personally, Valley of the Damned was my favorite album, because it was the only one that actually felt like an album. The rest were just a bunch of over-the-top, lets see how much we can molest our guitars over the course of 7-minutes songs that were cutting each others throats.
10.12.2010 - 19:21
Baz Anderson

"Valley Of The Damned" will always be their best. I don't have much reason to doubt that.
11.12.2010 - 08:28
Kevorkian

"Valley of the Damned" for sure. It's the most varied, and the slightly dirtier production than the others makes it sound less plastic-y. However, "Ultra Beatdown" is a close second for me, since at times in the album they go back to the VotD sound, particularly in the vocals.
22.02.2011 - 01:37
ToMegaTherion

I know Inhuman Rampage may not be very popular amongst power metal fans but it is a very good album. The first two albums are outstanding as well, Ultra Beatdown I have failed to really get into the album despite having owned it for a year and a half or more.