03. Loudest Stereo
04. Kickin' Your Ass And Fuckin' Your Bitch
05. Hot Girls On The Road
06. Whiskey, Coke And Sluts
07. All I Give A Fuck About Is Sex
08. I'm Gonna Give You AIDS
09. Yay! It's Pink!
10. I Wish My Dealer Was Open

I have to admit that I have a soft spot for Anal Cunt records - there is definitely something appealing about how ridiculously over the top and stupid they are. I'd even go as far as saying that the idiot savant that he is, Seth Putnam has managed to release some music that is actually pretty artful and sophisticated in its own, demented way. Sadly, Fuckin' A is about as far away from art as Elton John is from being straight.

Fuckin' A is one of those Anal Cunt releases that shy away from being spastic manifestations of primal anger, ignorance and stupidity in favor of simply being funny. Much like Picnic Of Love, Fucking A is a theme record and this time around, the band is making fun of cock rock like Mötley Crüe. As you can imagine, considering that we are currently living in the year 2010 and Mötley Crüe is about as relevant as Boy George, this album is actually not all that funny. Sure, singing along to the refrain of "Kicking Your Ass And Fucking Your Bitch" or "All I give a fuck about is sex/All I give a fuck about is fucking tits!!" might raise a single chuckle while you're listening to it with your dirtbag friends over a beer, however, thats about it. Furthermore, since the humor is so shallow, we are forced to shift our attention to the music.

This only makes things worse - Fuckin' A is truly a pathetic record in terms of musicianship. Although some of the riffs would actually be quite memorable and catchy (tracks 2 and 3 for example), their thin and downright abysmal production makes it impossible to extract any auditory pleasure from them. This album really does sound like it's been recorded in one take in some shitty garage using 4$ microphones and a netbook with Microsoft Sound Recorder. There is no bass here at all, the guitars all merge together into one ultra-high-pitch squeal with no dynamics to speak of and the drums pack no punch at all in the background. Seth's vocals are also completely underwhelming. Successful raw production can certainly help create a very menacing atmosphere for many extreme bands; however, Fucking' A's production is truly completely devoid of any such value. It is just shit and thats all there is to it.

Alas, Fuckin' A truly is an astonishingly poor excuse for an album with no significant redeeming traits whatsoever. Well, OK, there is one - perhaps now that Seth got this shit out of his system, the soon-to-be-released new grindcore Anal Cunt album will benefit from it.

Written on 03.11.2010 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments

Comments: 24   Visited by: 420 users
04.11.2010 - 03:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm listening to it right now and it certainly is not as bad as you described it in your album review...it really is an assault to the ears, but it does pass as an album, not a poor excuse for an album as far as I'm concerned...its better than any Anal Cunt album I've ever heard ever...the musicianship isn't as poor as you said it was either...overall, a very biased review although well written...
04.11.2010 - 06:50
Rupert

Written by Guest on 04.11.2010 at 03:35

...overall, a very biased review...

I believe he said in the beginning of the review that he generally enjoys Anal Cunt. So if he was being biased, wouldn't he have been saying the album's better than it "actually" is?
04.11.2010 - 08:49
BudDa

Never listened to Anal Cunt but ama start with this release and work my way back.
Nice review
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
04.11.2010 - 15:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Nevermind...it isn't a biased review...I know that jup kinda likes Anal Cunt here and there...I've heard him say it before...it was a good review and well written...I guess what I was trying to say was I got the impression that jup went into listening to Fuckin' A thinking that he would hate it and think it was pathetic and was writting the review based upon the whole "yep, I was right" concept...I guess my whole thinking he was biased is borne on some schematic preconceptions...very much agree with you jup that this is far from artful...
04.11.2010 - 15:46
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by BudDa on 04.11.2010 at 08:49

Never listened to Anal Cunt but ama start with this release and work my way back.
Nice review

Nah, don't. This is a stylistic parody/concept album like jupitreas said (and a pathetic one, even more-so a joke than Anal Cunt usually is, topped only by Picnic Of Love or some of their earliest recordings maybe). It isn't their usual sound. I'd start with "40 More Reasons To Hate Us", "I Like It When You Die" or "It Just Gets Worse" if I were you.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
04.11.2010 - 15:50
Daniell
_爱情_
I wouldn't touch this band at all if I were you
04.11.2010 - 16:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Daniell on 04.11.2010 at 15:50

Now that's what I call great advice!

xD
04.11.2010 - 19:26
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.11.2010 at 16:02

Written by Daniell on 04.11.2010 at 15:50

Now that's what I call great advice!

xD

I don't get it. Sure, the music's a joke, but so what?
----
04.11.2010 - 19:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by vezzy on 04.11.2010 at 19:26
I don't get it. Sure, the music's a joke, but so what?

Says he who never has a bad word to say about bands he dislikes...
04.11.2010 - 21:48
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
No redeeming quality to Anal Cunt.
05.11.2010 - 01:13
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.11.2010 at 21:48

How can you say that? Seth Putnam is a pillar of society and a great role model for all our children!
28.01.2011 - 01:15
denak

Written by Guest on 05.11.2010 at 01:13

Written by Guest on 04.11.2010 at 21:48

How can you say that? Seth Putnam is a pillar of society and a great role model for all our children!

Seth Putnam is a fucking kike as far as Im concerned.
29.01.2011 - 14:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by denak on 28.01.2011 at 01:15

卍 Long live anti-Semitism. 卍
----
09.06.2011 - 18:41
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
I give up! Everything in the world is better than grindcore, even misery!
09.06.2011 - 18:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 09.06.2011 at 18:41

Don't judge grindcore based on a few Anal Cunt EPs you downloaded. There's much better material out there.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.06.2011 - 14:35
Slyfang

Written by vezzy on 29.01.2011 at 14:41

Written by denak on 28.01.2011 at 01:15

卍 Long live anti-Semitism. 卍

1. you have the wrong symbol. this one is used in southeast asia, and is a hindu symbol of luck among other things
2. anti-semitism doesn't make you a nazi
3. calling someone a kike doesn't make you an anti-semite
4. jews aren't the only semites
5. unless someone starts saying they're a subhuman race, there is no need to fret
6. half of the western world are kissing their asses, they definitely don't need any more people to do that
14.06.2011 - 17:52
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.06.2011 at 18:43

Written by Guest on 09.06.2011 at 18:41

Don't judge grindcore based on a few Anal Cunt EPs you downloaded. There's much better material out there.

Hey, i didn't downloaded nothing! Anal cunt and other grindcore bands (i remember an band called paracoccidioco....blablabla) have the same song. Well, i think it's just doesn't fit my taste in metal, and it's the only genre that i didn't like not a bit.
15.06.2011 - 01:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 14.06.2011 at 17:52

Hey, i didn't downloaded nothing! Anal cunt and other grindcore bands (i remember an band called paracoccidioco....blablabla) have the same song. Well, i think it's just doesn't fit my taste in metal, and it's the only genre that i didn't like not a bit.

Why not check out the classics (Brutal Truth, early Carcass, early Napalm Death), the heavyweights (Nasum, Misery Index, Pig Destroyer), and the experimentalists (James Plotkin's Phantomsmasher, Cephalic Carnage, Painkiller) instead of bands known for their humorous frontman and/or ridiculous misunderstanding of Spanish.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.06.2011 - 18:43
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.06.2011 at 01:19

Written by Guest on 14.06.2011 at 17:52

Why not check out the classics (Brutal Truth, early Carcass, early Napalm Death), the heavyweights (Nasum, Misery Index, Pig Destroyer), and the experimentalists (James Plotkin's Phantomsmasher, Cephalic Carnage, Painkiller) instead of bands known for their humorous frontman and/or ridiculous misunderstanding of Spanish.

You forgot to put an "?" in your last quote Well, i'm gonna check then.
16.06.2011 - 03:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 15.06.2011 at 18:43

Because it was a statement, not a question.
----
24.06.2011 - 00:58
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.06.2011 at 03:48

Written by Guest on 15.06.2011 at 18:43

Because it was a statement, not a question.

Well, i checked some songs of the bands you talked, and its the same thing... Oh Well, i think i am gonna listen some melodic thing, goodbye!
26.08.2011 - 20:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 24.06.2011 at 00:58

Well, i checked some songs of the bands you talked, and its the same thing... Oh Well, i think i am gonna listen some melodic thing, goodbye!

How would anyone say that Pig Destroyer sounds the same as Anal Cunt is beyond me. Doesn't even matter if you like Grindcore or not.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.11.2012 - 09:32
macscam

People arent giving this album enough credit. i dont like the rest of anal cunts stuff but i really like this album. it is funny and over the top but it is also very musically enjoyable and above all unique. cant think of anyone else doing anything similar to this...anyone help?
10.11.2019 - 06:45
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.06.2011 at 01:19

and/or ridiculous misunderstanding of Spanish.

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 12063 | This month: 19