Metal Storm logo
Monster Magnet - Guitarist Leaves The Band

Monster Magnet frontman Dave Wyndorf has announced the departure of longtime guitarist Ed Mundell, who decided to leave the band earlier this week after eighteen years of service. Here's the word from Wyndorf:

"After 18 years Ed's left Monster Magnet for "personal reasons" What can I say? He told me this two months ago and I gave him some time for him to perhaps reconsider but no go. It's a bummer, yeah but we've been through this kind of thing before. Make no mistake, Magnet goes on. We start the "Mastermind" tour tonight in Cologne, Germany with Phil Caivano and Garrett Sweeny handling duel guitar chores.

I'd like to thank Ed for the immense talent he's brought to the band over the years and wish him good luck in whatever he decides to do next. Good luck Ed, we''l miss you!"

Source: monstermagnet.yuku.com
Band profile: Monster Magnet
Posted: 05.11.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 42 users
05.11.2010 - 22:57
Fat & Sassy!

Must have changed his charge, cus now he's getting pushed away! /lamesciencejoke
05.11.2010 - 23:12
.Nemesis.

Magnet is awesome. i wish he didnt leave
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
06.11.2010 - 09:55
afu

I've seen Magnet, with Ed, twice and both times were killer. His work with The Atomic Bitchwax was pretty cool, too. I wish him luck and I hope his next band is equally as good.
08.11.2010 - 04:55
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 05.11.2010 at 22:57

Must have changed his charge, cus now he's getting pushed away! /lamesciencejoke

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 2798 | This month: 4