Metal Storm logo
Symfonia - New Melodic Metal Super Group

Symfonia is the name of a new melodic metal project featuring former members of Helloween, Stratovarius, Angra and Sonata Arctica. The band is set to enter the Studio Mega in Varberg, Sweden later this month to begin recording its debut album, scheduled for a spring 2011 release.

The Symfonia line-up looks as follows:

• Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius, Revolution Renaissance) - guitar
  • André Matos (Angra, Shaman, Viper) - vocals
  • Jari Kainulainen (Stratovarius, Evergrey) - bass
  • Mikko Härkin (Sonata Arctica, Kotipelto) - keyboards
  • Uli Kusch (Masterplan, Helloween) - drums

The very humble press release reads as follows: "None of these musicians need an introduction. They are all legends among the melodic metal community. By sheer coincidence, they all found themselves living on the same continent, in Scandinavia. They decided to join forces and express their talents in the form of a new melodic metal project: Symfonia.

Honoring the heritage of their previous bands Stratovarius, Helloween, Angra and Sonata Arctica, Symfonia continues their superb melodic metal tradition with an incredible musicianship that is a match made in heaven. This is a force that no serious melodic metal fan will be able to ignore.

Symfonia will make its world premiere on February 18 at the Finnish Metal Expo, an International Metal Meeting, where they will take the stage at 11PM in the evening."

Source: symfonia.fi
    Band profile: Symfonia
  • Posted: 09.11.2010 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 19   Visited by: 187 users
    09.11.2010 - 12:27
    Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
    To Mega Therion
    Interesting lineup, shit of a name. If Timo lets Uli write some song thought, it could turn out good. Although they will probably split after the first album "due to musical differences".
    ----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
    09.11.2010 - 12:52
    Sword_Chant
    This is going to be either a masterpeice or a disaster....
    09.11.2010 - 17:49
    Byners
    There it comes a MASTERPIECE.

I f*cking love Sonata Arctica. I like very much Helloween, Stratovarius and Revolution Renaissance. André Matos is the greatest Brazilian metal singer ever but I don't like Angra and Shaman to much...

Hellyeah, this will be a masterpiece :O
    ----
    "Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
    09.11.2010 - 19:53
    Ag Fox
    Angel No More
    elite
    Just looking at the band name makes me want to turn away....

but if Uli steps in more, something good may come out of it
    ----
    loves 小巫
    09.11.2010 - 19:59
    DissectoR
    It is smelling like disaster to me! I hope they will get me wrong
    09.11.2010 - 21:08
    Daggon
    Underpaid M.D.
    Written by Sword_Chant on 09.11.2010 at 12:52

This is going to be either a masterpeice or a disaster....

Just what I thought... They should have found another name, this one kinda sucks.
    ----
    "Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
    09.11.2010 - 23:46
    Buivolas
    Another "metal star team" fuck up soon:D
    10.11.2010 - 01:16
    Luneth
    Account deleted
    Mikko is on Keyboard???!!! Holy fuck I can't wait now!!!

Awesome name too, perfect for a melodic metal band!
    10.11.2010 - 05:12
    LeChron James
    Helvetesfossen
    Huh, i guess Tolkki has recovered from his mental breakdown. i wonder how Andre Matos got suckered into this.
    ----
    Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
    Stay Pure
    Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
    10.11.2010 - 06:16
    mikeprado30
    I hope Tolkki's madness doesn't affect the progress of this new project, and that PLEASE give us something more than ANOTHER Power Metal band more...
    ----
    BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
    10.11.2010 - 10:29
    renai
    It is a typo on the band's name?
    ----
    hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
    10.11.2010 - 14:09
    MeTalRea|istiK
    Very very very very very very very very interesting line up!!looking forward to it!!!
    10.11.2010 - 14:16
    Jon
    Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 09.11.2010 at 12:27

Interesting lineup, shit of a name. If Timo lets Uli write some song thought, it could turn out good. Although they will probably split after the first album "due to musical differences".

Agree. Thought we'd seen the last of Tolkki for a while after the overblown, overrated Revolution Renaissance. Funny how he jumps form one new band to another desperately trying to get his career back. I just can't understand why, given his track record for being a difficult little bitch to work with, anyone in their right mind would join a band with him in it. And don't say for money because they are all doing perfectly well in their main projects!
    ----
    A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
    10.11.2010 - 14:45
    RavenKing
    Sounds like some pretentious project that will end up as nothing but crap in the end. Especially as Tolkki is involved. Revolution Renaissance was shitty, especially on "Age Of Aquarius".
    ----
    They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
    They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
    But everybody's only looking out for themselves
    And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
    10.11.2010 - 22:53
    Adus11
    I'm gonna hold out some hope just for André Matos alone, but I'm still not optimistic.
    11.11.2010 - 00:48
    RafaRata
    I hope Timo is not the producer
    12.11.2010 - 18:11
    valiovalenti
    Keep my fingers crossed to turn into sth special. At first sight it doesn't look bad at all:cool:
    12.11.2010 - 18:24
    GT
    Coffee!!
    staff
    Nice lineup. Hope they'll be able to make something good
    ----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
    16.11.2010 - 04:54
    =maD.Doc:.
    Melodeath Master
    I guess this will be like most other "supergroups" today, just plain boring. Throw together a couple of big names, sell a lot of records, never hear from them again. There's your typical supergroup. Even if the musicians in the "supergroup" are good ones, they usually come up with boring stuff, as they mix to much stuff that doesn't fit well together. Anywho, I hope this turns out good, tho I highly doubt it, as Timo Tolkki is there, and he hasn't done very good stuff for a loooooong time, however André might give them the slight favor, depending on how bad the music is.

Hits total: 5990 | This month: 7