Metal Storm logo
Chris Broderick VS Al Pitrelli

Poll

Who is the Best Guitar Player of Megadeth

Chris Broderick
Al Pitrelli

Total votes: 70
09.11.2010 - 16:33
I Think EX-Megadeth Al Pitrelli is Faster and Has Wonderful Riffs Than Chris Broderick the Megadeth Player

so I want you to suggest
09.11.2010 - 18:14
Juancarg
I don't think the same if we talk about the guitarrists like solo guitarrists.. but.. the age of chris broderick in megadeth is more interesting for me. anywere, they are great one like the other..
09.11.2010 - 18:43
In Bone Factory
Chris is fucking fast and technical.Marty Friedman was also one of many guitar players of Megadeth as Dave himself.
----
The End Is Nigh ...
09.11.2010 - 18:57
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Ok megadeth has had many great guitarists in its life time (Dave, Marty, Al).
But IMO, I'll take Chris over Al.

Written by Juancarg on 09.11.2010 at 18:14

I don't think the same if we talk about the guitarrists like solo guitarrists.. but.. the age of chris broderick in megadeth is more interesting for me. anywere, they are great one like the other..

Agreed, this might be bullshit, but from the interviews with Dave that i've read/watched he speaks very highly of Chris, and I agree.
Is it just coincidence that Endgame was a (well almost) return to the Megadeth of old? Maybe, but I don't think so.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
09.11.2010 - 20:55
MIXHELL
Cris on the new album is BEAST. Cris can't handle in solos of Marty Friedman on the older megadeth songs. Cris is better than Pitrelli.

Now Cris is on form, and it's one of the best guitar players.
09.11.2010 - 22:10
Hellish Star
Chris! I was already a fan when he was in JAG PANZER ! ! ! ! !
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
09.11.2010 - 22:18
Yojimbo
I recently saw Megadeth play their Rust in Peace set in Denver and I have to say it was fucking perfect. Know that RIP is my favorite album of all time by any band so my expectations were high. Chris played all the solos as well as I've ever heard.
09.11.2010 - 22:54
ProjectEndgame
Account deleted
Even if Pitrelli is more experienced than Broderick, Chris seems to show more style and effectiveness in playing, whether it be Jag Panzer or Megadeth, than Al. I vote Chris Broderick.
10.11.2010 - 01:24
RafaRata
Pitrelli faster??
No.
I play guitar and learning Chris solos are ten times more difficult than learning Pitrelli's stuff or even Marty's
that being said, playing faster doesn't automatically mean better guitar player.
10.11.2010 - 02:55
terrorist
Hm...pitrelli is closest to martys playing so if you ask me,chris is very good tehnician but pitrelli has much better style of playing much more interesting.Speed is not the subject but inovation,and pitrelli has it.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
10.11.2010 - 10:13
Megadeth88
Hands down, Chris Broderick. But Al Pitrelli is still an amazing guitarist!
10.11.2010 - 15:42
Written by Juancarg on 09.11.2010 at 18:14

ofcourse yes

I don't take the age in mind

the young age is better than old
10.11.2010 - 15:43
Written by In Bone Factory on 09.11.2010 at 18:43

Chris is fucking fast and technical.Marty Friedman was also one of many guitar players of Megadeth as Dave himself.

Thanks for Comment
10.11.2010 - 15:47
Written by MIXHELL on 09.11.2010 at 20:55

Cris on the new album is BEAST. Cris can't handle in solos of Marty Friedman on the older megadeth songs. Cris is better than Pitrelli.

Now Cris is on form, and it's one of the best guitar players.

of course in the Endgame Chris destroy all Rules of Megadeth Tabs
13.11.2010 - 18:27
Thanks to alll who comment
16.11.2010 - 07:10
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Chris for me his playing overall is just brilliant
16.11.2010 - 11:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Chris Broderick is technically the best player Megadeth have ever had. Though I prefer both Marty and Chris Poland over him because I prefer their styles, and they play with more warmth. This is how Id rate all the Megadeth guitarists from my fave, to least fave.

Friedman>Poland>Young>Broderick>Drover>Pitrelli
18.11.2010 - 23:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.11.2010 at 11:08

Chris Broderick is technically the best player Megadeth have ever had. Though I prefer both Marty and Chris Poland over him because I prefer their styles, and they play with more warmth. This is how Id rate all the Megadeth guitarists from my fave, to least fave.

Friedman>Poland>Young>Broderick>Drover>Pitrelli

I would dare say Poland is technically the best Megadeth's ever had.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.11.2010 - 07:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2010 at 23:06
I would dare say Poland is technically the best Megadeth's ever had.

That's debateable, but it definitely isnt debateable that he's the most unique guitarist that Megadeth has ever had. Which is another reason I prefer him over Chris Broderick. Although there's no doubting that Chris B is a very gifted guitar player, his style is something Ive heard from many other virtuoso guitarists. On the other hand, Ive never heard another guitar player who sounds like Chris Poland. He has a sound all his own, and has an instantly recognisable, unique style. I think Dave should have utilised him more on "The System Has Failed", it was a joy to hear Chris P.'s unique soloing in Megadeth again, albeit for a very brief time.
20.11.2010 - 17:42
JD
Account deleted
Chris Broderick.
01.01.2011 - 01:15
vangosh
Broderick of course!
03.04.2011 - 23:22
blacktooth85
Chris
04.04.2011 - 03:51
renai
Al Pitrelli is already amazing guitarist, his style is fit to many other genre as his work in Transiberian Orchestra. But for Megadeth, really having Broderick on the board is the best gift to Mustaine. Both are amazing, but I prefer Broderick inside Megadeth.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
20.05.2011 - 16:43
Razorback
Can i still vote Marty but Al Pitrelli and Broderick are still great guitarist.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
01.01.2023 - 00:33
Thank you all my friends after 13 years