‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum
Users visited: 17  
Search this topic:  

Fire Dances
Account deleted
  10.11.2010 at 02:59
I've been listening to Faustcoven recently and I'm pretty much hooked. They (or he would perhaps be a better way to put it, since except for lives it seems to be a one-man affair pretty much) play a mix of old school black and heavy/doom metal, sort of Bathory meets Black Sabbath meets Darkthrone meets Hellhammer/old CF kind of affair. Also, they're from Norway.

I discovered them after reading interviews with the main guy, liking his attitude, especially concerning the importance of the riff in metal and that it's somewhat frustrating that this idea seems to have gotten lost somewhere, which lead me to want to check them out.

The official myspace: http://www.myspace.com/Faustcoven

I particularly like this quote:

Quote:
While representing a rebellion against everything modern, gothy and sterile, as well as the so called old school mid 90's clichés of Black Metal, firmly rooted in the underground, what Faustcoven first and foremost is, is a passionate declaration of love for everything that was great about 70's and 80's Metal, and a salute to the gods of the riff.

So yeah, this thread is for discussing Faustcoven.
Sulac

10.11.2010 at 22:31
Are these guys even on Metal Archives? They oughta be. They sound excellent.

EDIT: Found them. Had the IN set on lyrical themes.
ß
Problem?

11.11.2010 at 01:17
Pretty solid black/doom metal, not too familiar with their material but what I have heard sounded quite good.
----
My music blog - Updated as of 13/07/12

To live is to think - Cicero
Fire Dances
Account deleted
  11.11.2010 at 19:15
I've been listening to their demo compilation lately, just ordered a copy yesterday. Haven't checked out the full lengths yet.

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.