Metal Storm logo
Need Help With Buzzing Sound on Amp

30.08.2006 - 21:46
Ravensclaw
Account deleted
I Got A Marshall G15RCD and lately i sort of noted a funny buzzing/wavy sound coming out of it when i play anything on the bass strings ( E A D ) of my guitar.

At first i thought it was my effect pedal so i removed it and even plugged everything in another amp which sounded right. Well anyways i put a sample on here so you would have an idea of what i goin on about... and if anyone can help i would appreaciate it.

http://h1.ripway.com/ravensclaw/waveproblem.wav
30.08.2006 - 23:03
Shugojin
Account deleted
Hmm..

It sounds a lot like speakers that are blowing out... Having blown several speakers out, I'm entitled to say that. Not on amps, just normal speakers. Both my amps work fine still. Anyway, back on topic - Marshal MGs seem pretty prone to dying easily from what I've heard, especially if you've been playing pretty heavy on the gain - have you? I'm hoping someone else has more experience with them, but I can at least tell you to try playing with the EQ if it has any - try turning down the bass, etc.
10.09.2006 - 04:52
MetalSpider

Does the amp buzz when nothing is plugged in? (as in no guitar is hooked up to it)
When you turn off your amp, does the light take a while to die down and finally disappear?
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.09.2006 - 11:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
have you tried cleaning it?
04.10.2006 - 21:21
ASiema113

I have a similar problem with my Line 6 210 SpyderII series amp and although I hear this is a common problem and the only way I know to cut off the buzz or whatever you want to call it(more liking a loud screeching noise really) I usually do 1 of 3 things.

1.Play all around on the fretboard usually on the 6th & 5th string and play a chord until the noise has ceased.

2. Turn up the volume from low to high and back really quick.

3. Or take my hand and pound on the top left side of the amp until amp is done screeching.(nowaday this seems to work less and less so this tactic is less helpful then it once used to be.) I know this must seem quite barbaric and primitive of me, so you have to understand that I had a lack of options and I was annonyed to the point that I would use whatever means were nessacary.

I think that I began with option 1 then option 3 and now have stuck with option 2 for the most part. Some other details that might be important would be that this goes on even if nothing is plugged into it.
And seeing how I play mostly metal I have a lot of treble and drive on, I also asked the people I bought it from at GC that I if I sent it in they would either replace it or send it back and the problem would still persist. The thing with these amps it seems to occur more often the more you use it. So basically I am trying to see if anyone has any long term solutions to this problem.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
06.07.2008 - 04:03
MortalTheory
Account deleted
1: you could buy a power conditioner for your power source, this is gonna cost a lot, but it's the most affective
2: boss noise supressor pedal, works fairly well, especially in live settings.
31.07.2008 - 08:21
Haightredy

I just turn down the volume on my guitar when I'm not playing....