04. Hours
05. Momentary Lapse
06. Sons Of Insanity
07. Miseryborne
08. Enemy Within
09. In A Shallow End
10. Death's Design

Metal is trendy!!!

We have to accept the sad reality this days, being Metal is trendy. Is not something to be wary anymore, anyone can be Metal and almost every kid is Metal, as a matter of fact, most of you reading this review are under 20 right? I rest my case.

Of course, blame it to Nu Metal and many other sub-genres that lie around the Metal cosmos. One exponent of this new trendy Metal wave is Gof.Fear.None Greek quintet doing Metalcore. (is just another name for Nu Metal -although many don't think the same-). Their music is angst driven and quite aggressive if you ask me.

If you know bands like Illdisposed, Killswitch Engage and Lamb Of God, you can imagine what are you getting here. Chugga Chugga riffs with core vocals and weird sound effects everywhere. Riffs and overall song-writing tries to be intricate and sophisticated, but fails miserably on it. At times you can detect some Gothenburg influence, but poorly executed.

I don't meant to be disrespectful to the band, because after all, they're artists and they deserve to be respected. But their music sucks, and this is from the point of view from a Metalhead that has almost 20 years listening to Metal, so new trends and -core stuff doesn't appeal to me.

But looking at the bright side, this album will be the delight of youngsters around the globe, so if you're under 20 and you just got in this new trend called "Metal" get this release from the MOST important band in the Metal scene! And while you're at it, don't forget to buy the new Limp Bizkit Cd! Boy, that SURE is Metal!

Written by Undercraft | 29.09.2005

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 10 users
12.11.2010 - 21:57
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Not all people under 20 listen to core music, i am 14 and listen to keep of kalessin and dying fetus, I rest my case
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.06.2011 - 19:34
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Awww man! Don't talk too much! Nu Metal is band just because you listen metal for 20 years? No way!

Hits total: 2978 | This month: 12