Metal Storm logo
You really like the band, so you buy their...

Poll

You adore the band so you honer them by buying:

Their (latest) album
Their T-shirt (or other clothes)
All posible merchandise
nothing
Flag/banner

Total votes: 278
30.08.2006 - 22:49
matos
You know the situation: you find a great new band, listen to few songs, you get more and slowly they become one of your favourite bands. Then you decide that they are great enough to be honored/supported by your wallet, so what do you buy (first) ?

Well, if you wonder why i have decided to ask you the question above, it's simple - i'm just curious
I shold probably start with myself, i'm into T-shirts, many reasons for that: -you tell the world:"this band rocks and i listen to them!" -it's the most useful merchandise of all -...

So what about you ?
----
30.08.2006 - 23:50
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
all audio releases if i really like them a lot.

t-shirt, maybe.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
31.08.2006 - 00:08
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Considering I am the type of person who downloads all of the band's music, buying their albums isn't really much of an option for me. I just got Overkill, Death, and Morbid Angel shirts from mail-order recently, so I'm choosing their T-shirts.
31.08.2006 - 04:02
tulkas
el parcero
I said all possible merchandise becuase sometimes you can find cds, but you can´t find clothes, or viceversa, so it's kinda relative I think. Besides, I also download the music, since the cds are too expensive here
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
31.08.2006 - 12:23
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I would buy their CDs...old and new if I like the band. I'm not that much into T-shirts and other clothing-items...meaning I don't wear it myself but think it's cool if others want to. And another thing...I would of course buy tickets to concerts if the band was in town.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
31.08.2006 - 12:54
LeDruide
Quite the same for me. I download the albums first to know how it sounds and buy the CDs when it's good. For the T-shirts, I buy them if I go to a concert.
To make other people know, I play it fucking loud so they all hear it
31.08.2006 - 14:12
kakalokola
i dont wear metal at all ! anykind of t-shirts or something ! i just buy their albums the full collection !
31.08.2006 - 15:20
Baz Anderson
Staff
well i buy a lot of albums, that is an obvious thing. i have a ton of CDs over there, i must have spent a fortune on them all

but when i really like a band then i get a shirt, and then when i reayllr eally like the band i look into other things i can get
i have loads of band shirts as well. i have three Helloween top! hahaha
but i have a Helloween ring (that is stuck on my finger - not that i would remove it anyway. hahaha)
and an Emperor pendant that i can never be bothered totake off
31.08.2006 - 15:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
Shortly, if I like the band I try to buy all their albums.
----
31.08.2006 - 15:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the shirt,because i can never afford buying a cd
31.08.2006 - 15:50
Baz Anderson
Staff
i can get albums for less then shirts over here..
if the album has been out a while, it might be available on the internet for £8 or so - but shirts always seem to cost around £14 or something like that
31.08.2006 - 16:16
Daru Jericho
Either t-shirts or CDs. It depends on what's cheaper.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

31.08.2006 - 21:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
i buy cd's.

t-shirts - meh. as a thirtysomething married professional, i don't need any. basically i want a classic bathory t with nothing but that goat/minotaur head on it. then no matter what show I go to, my shirt is cooler (KVLTer than thou!) than anything anyone else has. weee.

even though i owned an arsenal of metal tee's back in my day, as I've grown older and wiser I really don't much see the point to owning 15-20 anymore. I'd rather spend the money on a CD which I can listen to and enjoy again and again... a shirt is just clothing. the cd's i bought 15 years ago still sound fucking great now. none of my shirts lasted that long.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.08.2006 - 21:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
The Cd's as starters for sure.

Then a patch or t-shirt. Almost never a flag or a banner. Every time I decide to buy a flag or a poster, I end up with a CD instead.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.08.2006 - 21:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 31.08.2006 at 21:02

i buy cd's.

t-shirts - meh. as a thirtysomething married professional, i don't need any. basically i want a classic bathory t with nothing but that goat/minotaur head on it. then no matter what show I go to, my shirt is cooler (KVLTer than thou!) than anything anyone else has. weee.

even though i owned an arsenal of metal tee's back in my day, as I've grown older and wiser I really don't much see the point to owning 15-20 anymore. I'd rather spend the money on a CD which I can listen to and enjoy again and again... a shirt is just clothing. the cd's i bought 15 years ago still sound fucking great now. none of my shirts lasted that long.

My answer exactly, except for the Bathory part. I wanna replace my original Venom - Black Metal shirt with one that fits but has the same grey quality of overwashing it through time.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.08.2006 - 21:50
dark awakening
Usually the t-shirt...because I don't buy a lot of CDs; I prefer to download.
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
01.09.2006 - 00:19
Endoftherainbow
I buy alot of band shirts and band dvd's from the bands I'm into. I only go out of my way to buy albums when I really really really like the band. I'd rather by a dvd because you'll never find those in good quality in small downloadable files on the internet. I also buy tickets to see them live when they come to my town. I'd buy more albums but the problem here is you have to order any album that's good so I almost never do that.
01.09.2006 - 00:33
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Mostly albums, I target their whole discography usually(Though a long process this be)
But when I can I also like T-shirts.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
01.09.2006 - 00:49
Anathemani@c
When I adore a band that much, i usually buy their discography. I don't have many shirts of bands. I like being dressed a little bit differently. Allthough I would buy their t-shirt if I find it interesting..
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
01.09.2006 - 12:15
Revenant
Account deleted
gig tickets
01.09.2006 - 14:00
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I only ever buy cds or dvds.

I think I would look rather silly in band t-shirts , although I do have a self -made one with Perttu from Apocalyptica on.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
01.09.2006 - 17:50
heresiarch
Forever Dead
If I like the certain band I try to buy every album , I don't care about singles

Later I might buy a t-shirt
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
01.09.2006 - 18:07
lordz
IzZo
I have tons of CDs but nowadays i use the iTunes music store .. its faster then P2P

I use to like buying shirts in the old days... but now its so dull to wear a shirt with a naked girl sippin on blood or shit like that... I like shirts that are out of the ordinary like the brown Opeth shirt I got ... its cool only the logo and the design is different then the usual all black metal shirt...
02.09.2006 - 00:10
Callette
Account deleted
Ok, I voted for album, but not xactly the latest. And in fact I feel that I should buy more CDs instead of downloading from internet. I also would like to buy some shirts but don't have money...
02.09.2006 - 00:16
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
not flags, banners, or other merchandise, usually t-shirt, but if they dont have any, or no good-looking ones, i go for cds
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
02.09.2006 - 05:01
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by dark awakening on 31.08.2006 at 21:50

The t-shirt...because I don't buy a lot of CDs; I prefer to download.

I don't buy much CDs either, but because I have no money to buy them, so I have to download. Maybe I get the t-shirt. But first I download the discography
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.09.2006 - 07:25
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
A good example of a band describing the thread creators situation for me, is Edenbridge.
Ive liked them for ages, until the last 2 years, i ventured furthur, hearing more of their albums etc, and they are currently my 4th fav band!
I own all albums (except the live one, which i havent found yet), and i own a tshirt, i purchased a limited edition set of signed photographs (proper photos) of the entire band individually and one with the whole band (worth 25EU), which gets added to my signed collection.
A poster im yet to find, but i would love one too.

I checked the all merchandise box, but i dont collect small crappy things like patches and buttons...

If you love the band, spend the money, it will furfil you.

As for cds, people try to reassure themselves that downloading is the same as buying etc. I completely understand this, i would too, and for people with no money, they dont even need to think that. A collection is a hobby, and collectiong albums i would say is a hobby, ive spent alot of money on albums, but i love having them, to think somewhere in the future i will have 1000+ cds would just be awesome!

I used to download too, but it wasnt until i bought cds i felt furfilled.
02.09.2006 - 07:51
Sore Neck 101
Account deleted
I buy anything i can get my hands on for my fav band but just the usuall albums and a possible shirt for the others... im not made of money
02.10.2006 - 11:32
?Bodomchild?
Yeah shure !! if i really like it i buy all the discography but anyone have 1 album of one band at least....and well if you bougth a t-shirt of a band cuz u like the band and that take you to buy more stuff's of especifeics bands
----
asd
02.10.2006 - 23:17
Klaara
Account deleted
I voted for clothes, because it is good way to show that you adore some band, as Soulreaper said.
But I only buy it when they have some nice stuff, e.g. T-Shirts for girls etc. Because ordinary metal T-Shirts look like bag on me
But I buy CDs too, naturally. That's always priority. But I thought that this is matter of course . I buy/download Cds from bands I don't like SO much also, you don't?
When I become a fan of some band I try to go on their concert as soon as possible too. But there was no such choice as 'concert tickets' in this poll.