Metal Storm logo
You really like the band, so you buy their...

Original post

Posted by matos, 30.08.2006 - 22:49
You know the situation: you find a great new band, listen to few songs, you get more and slowly they become one of your favourite bands. Then you decide that they are great enough to be honored/supported by your wallet, so what do you buy (first) ?

Well, if you wonder why i have decided to ask you the question above, it's simple - i'm just curious
I shold probably start with myself, i'm into T-shirts, many reasons for that: -you tell the world:"this band rocks and i listen to them!" -it's the most useful merchandise of all -...

So what about you ?

Poll

You adore the band so you honer them by buying:

Their (latest) album
Their T-shirt (or other clothes)
All posible merchandise
nothing
Flag/banner

Total votes: 278
26.01.2007 - 15:37
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yes it is easy when you have enough money to buy everything, but there are many people with lack of funds and they cannot aford to buy even a CD, and does it means those people shouldn't listen to music? I understand that little bands will have to split up if they fail to sell enough copys of album, there is no label who want to finance and promote band which cannot sell more that 20 copyies but because of that I like to buy CDs of small and unfamous bands, of cause I will not buy some shit I don't like but if I like the band I will buy their CD. I also buy T-shirts but I have enough money, if I ever bancrot I would buy only Cd cause it is what is influence bands status at label which guide to tour lenght, promotion, recordings...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
13.02.2007 - 13:45
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
And I'm one of those people who cant afford to buy anything else other than cds. Lmao. My money disappears after I buy cds. Since over here, the metal cds are ranging from $30-$60 CDN! Now that's alot.
14.02.2007 - 04:07
Mud
Account deleted
T-shirts are the gold standard of fandom, but I could definitely see myself getting the Opeth "O" on my arm someday.
14.02.2007 - 06:48
?Bodomchild?
I think the only stuff ho i can buy here are CD's, DVD's and T-shirt's at least, and some stuff of unrecognized bands are really hard to find stuff's but when i have the chance i buy some CD's and clothes by the net, also i buy a lot of magazines to find any poster of any fav band
----
asd
14.02.2007 - 06:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 13.02.2007 at 13:45

And I'm one of those people who cant afford to buy anything else other than cds. Lmao. My money disappears after I buy cds. Since over here, the metal cds are ranging from $30-$60 CDN! Now that's alot.

Holy shit, where are you buying your cds?! I think the only time ive paid over 35 was for an import, special edition or multi-disced album, in which case it was over the internet. Like what cds are you buying that are costing so much? My cds generally range around $25 give or take 5 dollars.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.02.2007 - 12:03
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 14.02.2007 at 06:53

Written by Guest on 13.02.2007 at 13:45

Holy shit, where are you buying your cds?! I think the only time ive paid over 35 was for an import, special edition or multi-disced album, in which case it was over the internet. Like what cds are you buying that are costing so much? My cds generally range around $25 give or take 5 dollars.

Well, to name.......nvm....pretty much all of my cds I guess. And I buy them at HMV and CD Plus. :|

In addition, I don't buy things over the internet. Apparently it's either that I have no credit cards, or that I'm too stupid to do paypal?. I think that's what it's called.
15.02.2007 - 12:21
Eight
Shapeshifter
Im a poor metalhead, so mostly i download music and i usually buy t-shirts
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
07.03.2007 - 17:45
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Eight on 15.02.2007 at 12:21

I wish I could be poor like you then.... because you have money to buy band t-shirts, whereas I don';t have money at all!
----
that which shines without names and forms...
11.03.2007 - 09:03
Lupas
Maximus
When you have a band that is in your heart, you try to find money to buy anything the band sells. I usually buy cd's and dvds' .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
11.03.2007 - 09:47
FOOCK Nam
I would like to buy their CD albums for top reason, then DVD or VCD live-show. Then if I have more money I choose to buy more T shirts.
11.03.2007 - 10:13
iaberis
Advice Troll
I don't remember if I've answered again here, but here I go again!
I usually buy their albums that I like. I might also buy a T-shirt if it's good and not too expensive, but I'm mostly into albums, since I enjoy them more...
----
Bitch! Please
13.03.2007 - 23:26
ROR
Account deleted
I usually buy cd and t-shirt....but sometimes I have to download some albums because I can't find in turkey...
14.03.2007 - 01:56
BlackSpiral
Account deleted
It really depends, I'm kinda poor myself, so if it's a big band enjoying international success and selling tens of thousands of albums, then I usually won't buy anything other than maybe an album I reallly like, 'cuz they're rich and do not need my money.
However if it's an indie band, struggling their way accross Canada, doing it for the love of what they do and not for money (because they're not making any) then I'll buy cd's, shirts, flags, what-have-you, because I like to support the little guy.
14.03.2007 - 12:48
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Paganblood on 07.03.2007 at 17:45

I wish I could be poor like you then.... because you have money to buy band t-shirts, whereas I don';t have money at all!

So far i have bought only two shorts, but Pssst, don't tell no one! its bout twelve greens for a t-shirt here..
----

14.03.2007 - 13:01
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Eight on 14.03.2007 at 12:48

So far i have bought only two shorts, but Pssst, don't tell no one! its bout twelve greens for a t-shirt here..

12 greens? how much is that?
----
14.03.2007 - 13:09
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Paganblood on 14.03.2007 at 13:01

Written by Eight on 14.03.2007 at 12:48

12 greens? how much is that?

Greens means bucks/dollars/USD in estonian money its bout 250.-
----

14.03.2007 - 13:21
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
@jester eddie: thanks for the info.
----
14.03.2007 - 13:27
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Paganblood on 14.03.2007 at 13:21

No problemo, tho i don't see how useful that would be for you. How much t-shirts costs at your place?
----

14.03.2007 - 13:35
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Eight on 14.03.2007 at 13:27

Written by Paganblood on 14.03.2007 at 13:21

No problemo, tho i don't see how useful that would be for you. How much t-shirts costs at your place?

depends upon type, but generally cost around 300 to 400 rupees. That's about 4-5 $.
Things like that are cheap here, especially music. If you're a fan of mainstream music then this place would be a heaven for you, for they are easily available at cheap rates (however only in cities like the country's capital); I bought all Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura, ACDC paying Rs 30 for each!!
(72 rupees=1 USdollar)
----
14.03.2007 - 13:54
Eight
Shapeshifter
Whoa! Thats cheap But is the quality alright? Because we have some t-shirts here also that costs that much, but their quality is the worst one i have ever seen
----

16.03.2007 - 12:46
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Eight on 14.03.2007 at 13:54

Whoa! Thats cheap But is the quality alright? Because we have some t-shirts here also that costs that much, but their quality is the worst one i have ever seen

The quality is all right-of tshirts as well as music. I don't know how the tshirts are that cheap, but the music is cheap because it is pirated.
An original CD (audio) costs around 250-300 rupees whereas a pirated one costs rupees 30 to 60. Only th look of the CD and cover's quality is different in an original and pirated CD. Its music what people want and not good looking Cds. So, people indirectly propote piracy here, as a result, roughly speaking, in Nepali CD market, over 90%(or even more, but not less!) music is pirated.
----
20.03.2007 - 04:18
Sonic MrSumo
I used to buy t-shirts when I went to the concerts. But then I figured they were always expensive, and they were all really crap quality that didn't fit. Except for my Chaos AD t-shirt. I still wear it to this day - and it would be at least 15 years old!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
24.03.2007 - 16:19
Carrion
Account deleted
If I had enough money I would get all kind of merch, but right now I'm only buying albums.
24.03.2007 - 20:16
Vunts
I'm poor too, so i download music and buy t-shirts. I rarely buy a CD, but that's also because there are only very few CDs that are complete and worth the money. With t-shirts and stuff it's easier.
24.03.2007 - 20:55
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I will buy everything i can

Searching Morbid Saint's Album ..... help !! Last time i saw , it was in amazon @ 25 $
24.03.2007 - 21:41
DeathMuffin
I usually only buy CDs, because no other merchandise is sold around here...
28.03.2007 - 05:04
DeathFist
Account deleted
What i hate is people hear one song from the band on the radio they dont by the bands cds but they will wear a shirt of that band and waste mony on a ticket to see them live to only hear that one song.

i buy a lot of bands merchendise i try to lisen to everything i got from the band before buying a shirt from them.
28.03.2007 - 08:19
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Guest on 28.03.2007 at 05:04

What i hate is people hear one song from the band on the radio they dont by the bands cds but they will wear a shirt of that band and waste mony on a ticket to see them live to only hear that one song.

Thats rather odd, haven't heard of this up till now. Tho i think it's normal for people to buy t-shirts of bands they haven't even heard.
----

01.04.2007 - 11:15
AlexCromlech
Account deleted
If I love a band, I go on the mad mission to find a really cool t-shirt.
Currently looking for a Deicide hoodie....
28.09.2007 - 14:10
Øyvind
Grave Digger
If I like them after a few songs, I get every song I can, whatever the means. If I really like them, I buy a T-shirt or a sweatshirt, maybe even some other merchandise (subject to availability).
----