Metal Storm logo
You really like the band, so you buy their...

Original post

Posted by matos, 30.08.2006 - 22:49
You know the situation: you find a great new band, listen to few songs, you get more and slowly they become one of your favourite bands. Then you decide that they are great enough to be honored/supported by your wallet, so what do you buy (first) ?

Well, if you wonder why i have decided to ask you the question above, it's simple - i'm just curious
I shold probably start with myself, i'm into T-shirts, many reasons for that: -you tell the world:"this band rocks and i listen to them!" -it's the most useful merchandise of all -...

So what about you ?

Poll

You adore the band so you honer them by buying:

Their (latest) album
Their T-shirt (or other clothes)
All posible merchandise
nothing
Flag/banner

Total votes: 278
29.09.2007 - 01:24
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
all possible merchandise, duh!!!!! But mostly t-shirt and album......and maybee a DVD, other stuff is more secondary.
29.09.2007 - 08:04
Opium
Account deleted
I've changed in the past couple of months, concerning what I purchase. I generally try to get whatever I can now, depending on the band. However, I only buy a band's merchandise if I regard any of their albums as classics or masterpieces

EDIT: Vader and Dimension Zero are exceptions to this
29.09.2007 - 14:57
Dismal_God
Account deleted
If i really like the band i'll buy all merchandise
29.09.2007 - 21:41
Black Winter
Because there is no way to buying their CDs here in Tunisia in a just price,I voted for buying Their T-shirt (or other clothes)..
But with Tunisian bands,even if already have the whole albums in my hard drive,I'd buy their CDs to support them.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
04.10.2007 - 15:41
Butch
Account deleted
I voted album. I try to buy as much music NEW as I can. But because of cash I shop at used CD stores or on ebay a lot. But my very favorite bands I will always buy their latest album, new on the date of release.
04.10.2007 - 18:07
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Album (doesn't really matter if it recent or some older one) or T-shirt. The last one must be something I really like and want - I guess thats why I have only few of them.
05.10.2007 - 13:19
Woutjinho
Account deleted
albums first
shirts later
I dont really care about the other merchandise. its cool, but I wont buy it very often
13.10.2007 - 19:41
Mustis
Account deleted
i love iron maiden and dimmu borgir, all the cool stuff i find of them ii try to buy it, in special t shirts and flags, and of cours, their albums
13.11.2007 - 18:42
RhysTerk
Buying one of their albums to start with.
15.11.2007 - 17:18
Abattoir
Staff
I love the have the all impossible thnigs (merchandise) from a band that I like very much...
16.11.2007 - 01:59
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I used to spend a lot of money on the album of a band...after discovering torrent, I don't spend money on albums anymore (except for the few bands here and there...now it's only Dream Theater and KMFDM...) When I go to a show I buy a t-shirt or hoodie...
16.11.2007 - 12:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I usually buy tshirts and albums. And I spend tons of money on dvds too lol

I usually don't buy tshirts at concerts though because usually I don't like those and im very picky.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.11.2007 - 07:28
Lord TJ
Well of coarse first thing is first, which is buying a CD to listen to. I voted "Their latest album" but in reality I would buy the album I heard the song from.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
16.02.2008 - 04:41
Well,out here in Nepal the only stuffs you get are some emo rock and stuffs by sold-outs like Cradle,Dimmu and all and they're all pirated and cost less than a dollar.The only original album I've bought in my whole life is Loreena Mckennitt's "The Book of Secrets".Also,out here a pirated DVD costs only a dollar and the original one costs 2.
I feel bad to say that I download most of the stuffs I listen to or exchange stuffs with friends.
I've only two band t-shirts till date are Burzum and Finntroll T's which my sister sent me from the states.
16.02.2008 - 13:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I have a kind of order when it comes to Buy something of a band.

When I really like their music.. I buy an album...
When I'm a f*cking fan of that band... I can buy dvd or T-shirts...

Besides that.. nothing more.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.02.2008 - 01:03
IronAngel
If I like a band, I buy their albums. If I really like a band, I buy their DVDs and try to get ahold of a T-shirt or something. There are just some bands that you want to tell the world about, even if you generally don't wear band shirts.
18.02.2008 - 02:43
Thrashette
Buying the album is enough for me, but in rare cases I might also buy a t-shirt. Both are around the same price where I live, but metal band t-shirts are much harder to find, especially in my size.
I'm not a big fan of merchandise. Some of it is really tacky.
18.02.2008 - 04:25
stigma77
Account deleted
If I really like a band I always buy their albums. And some I only hear after I buy them (thats why I have The latest releases from Metallica!! )
16.03.2008 - 21:50
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Their albuns... their Dvds... Their T-shirts... basic is that...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
22.03.2008 - 02:47
metal maniac
Account deleted
if i really like them ill buy them in good old-fashion vinyl;)
then dvd and other merchandices
but of course albums first;)
22.03.2008 - 04:47
Metal_Militia
//I said t shirt because theres nothing better than representing a band you like with a t shirt. You walk around and show it off. Especially Heavy Metal fans, people know whats goin on when they see a big scary logo on your chest lol//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

26.03.2008 - 21:23
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
I get a sense of pride helping out my Idols. I buy shirts and CD's, Shirts to represents and I love the artwork and CD"s well that's obvious, but all the same, support, and I'm not killing the Music by downloading.
26.03.2008 - 22:32
Kasper
I mostly buy their cds - if I have enough money that is. Some flags/banners, and maybe a few T-shirts on special occasions.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
27.03.2008 - 01:01
owl
First the albums, then the merch, that's how I go.
----
29.03.2008 - 17:48
Evil Chip
First I buy their albums because that's the reason I like the band. I rarely buy t-shirts.
29.03.2008 - 18:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Where's the "I buy all of their albums" option?
----
29.03.2008 - 19:26
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Warman on 29.03.2008 at 18:01

I think it's taken for granted that if you adore a band you already have all the albums, and therefore only need to buy the newest...but I agree I kinda miss that option too
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.03.2008 - 11:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by GT on 29.03.2008 at 19:26

Written by Warman on 29.03.2008 at 18:01

I think it's taken for granted that if you adore a band you already have all the albums, and therefore only need to buy the newest...but I agree I kinda miss that option too

Ah okey, I see what you mean.
----
30.03.2008 - 13:17
Nor
Account deleted
I'd buy my favourite albums of theirs and a T-Shirt if there are any good ones. Nice band shirts are hard to find, though. ):
05.04.2008 - 17:06
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
I buy a lot of albums, because many bands have more albums than clothes and old bands don't have new clothes while old classic albums are often easily to find secondhanded. I don't want secondhanded clothing, so I buy more albums. But I loke to buy clothing more.