03. Desolate Funeral Chant
04. Cosmic Invocation Rites
05. Conjuration
06. Upon The Fire Winged Demon
07. Ominous Doctrines Of The Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm
08. Crepuscular Battle Hymn
09. Hymn For A Dead Star
10. Across The Abyss Ancient Horns Gray

Inquisition... nyaaaaaaaaaaarghhghghghhhhh!!!!!!

No further introduction necessary I'd say, so let's continue.

Ominous Doctrines Of The Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm is the new Inquisition album and it is Inquisition at its most inquisition-y. A lightning fast, razor-sharp riff accompanied by thundering drums (got any more clichés? i'm game), followed by Lord Frog's awesome croak... it's all there. Yeah, yeah baby, yeah!

I'm sorry.

Inquisition prove with ODOTMM they are still masters at what they do, which is invoking a trancelike, satanic atmosphere through employing both droning, croaky vocals coupled with tremolo-heavy yet catchy and infectiously dark Black metal sharp-as-a-razor, fast-as-a-shark riffs. With kick-ass-soul-cutting solos. Ace! Honestly, who kicks it like Lord Frog and his companion does? Not even the infernal lord himself, I dare say.

I'm pretty much at a loss for words right now, because what is their to add...

Inqy once again releases an album of high quality, in their own truly unique style. You're going to love it or hate it, depending on what you thought of their previous albums. You can trust me on that one. Oh - if you've never heard Inqy before, but you are into to evil and raw Black metal, check them out! Today! Or tomorrow, whatever works best for you. I don't really care either way; I'm occupied banging my head to the tunes of Lord Inqy!

Lucifer, punish your enemies oh lord of the night! Destroy them all!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written on 13.11.2010 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 38   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 317 users
04.06.2012 - 04:46
Rating: 8
Tenski

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.11.2010 at 20:56

Written by Lucas on 14.11.2010 at 20:41

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.11.2010 at 18:42

Inquisition is imo thwe single most overrated cult bm band

More overrated than Leviathan, Xasthur, Marduk etc.? Come on.

Yes, certainly, cause at least those bands have some sort to a lot of artistic merit to them.

Marcel what are you smoking? Nothing? Either am I, but come on man, those 3 listed by Lucas suck compared to Inqui, Leviathan, Marduk and Xasthur, almost emo.
12.02.2014 - 21:47
pkillerjp

The reason Inquisition are listenable is because of the obvious heavy thrash undertones in the riffing and the ability to actually write a song with melody and trance like ambiance. All the talking of trash like Marduk, Xasthur, Leviathan, etc..etc..of course it sucks, it's corny 2nd wave black metal/norsecore/usbm...the whole genre needs to die already really enough!!!! Have Dark Thrones first 4 albums been ripped off enough yet??? Were they ever worth ripping off to begin with??? This genre must die..
12.02.2014 - 22:58
Rating: 9
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I think this guy doesn't like black metal, I'm not sure though.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.02.2014 - 11:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by pkillerjp on 12.02.2014 at 21:47

Marduk, Xasthur, Leviathan,

Have Dark Thrones first 4 albums been ripped off enough yet???

Suggesting that those 3 bands sound anything like Darkthrone?
08.03.2014 - 23:41
Rating: 10
Kiven Kantaja

People, who say that Inquisition is overrated or with funny vocal or another shit like that, just don't understand what Inquisition actually is.
I thought the same way, Dagon's vocal seemed to me as a voice of some cyborg. I saw them live at Carpathian Festival in 2012 and laughed at them
as a fucking stupid idiot, I watched them for about 10 min, and then went to the hotel, because it was very cold there. And only several months later
I understood that it was THE BIGGEST FAIL in my fucking life. This music is transcendent. You just need to open your consciousness for it.
Dagon's brain is a dark channel which can connect you with the darkest corners of our being. It's very difficult to describe feelings during listening to this stuff.
It's something like irradiation. Pure shamanic vocal and drums, and of course Dagon's roaring guitar with mindblowing riffs - this is THE BLACK METAL.
08.03.2014 - 23:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Kiven Kantaja on 08.03.2014 at 23:41

People, who say that Inquisition is overrated or with funny vocal or another shit like that, just don't understand what Inquisition actually is.
I thought the same way, Dagon's vocal seemed to me as a voice of some cyborg. I saw them live at Carpathian Festival in 2012 and laughed at them
as a fucking stupid idiot, I watched them for about 10 min, and then went to the hotel, because it was very cold there. And only several months later
I understood that it was THE BIGGEST FAIL in my fucking life. This music is transcendent. You just need to open your consciousness for it.
Dagon's brain is a dark channel which can connect you with the darkest corners of our being. It's very difficult to describe feelings during listening to this stuff.
It's something like irradiation. Pure shamanic vocal and drums, and of course Dagon's roaring guitar with mindblowing riffs - this is THE BLACK METAL.

Actually I think what one really needs to enjoy Inquisition is a degree in herpetology
09.03.2014 - 00:02
Rating: 10
Kiven Kantaja

Written by Guest on 08.03.2014 at 23:46

Written by Kiven Kantaja on 08.03.2014 at 23:41

Actually I think what one really needs to enjoy Inquisition is a degree in herpetology

Or some spinach) Yeah.. I remember my jokes about froggy-styled or popeye's voice, but I really feel stupid now.
06.12.2016 - 17:11
3rdWorld
China was a neat
^lol, good question.

Hits total: 12141 | This month: 19