Metal Storm logo
The Gates Of Slumber - Working On New Album

Official press release

Celebrated "True Heavy Metal band" The Gates Of Slumber will enter England's Orgone Studios with producer Jaime Gomez Arellano (Ghost, Angel Witch) later this month to lay down tracks for its forthcoming new album. The follow up to the Indianapolis trio's critically acclaimed LP Hymns of Blood and Thunder will see a spring, 2011 release via Rise Above Records.

The Gates Of Slumber recently announced the addition of new drummer, "Cool" Clyde Paradis into its ranks. A New Orleans native and Hurricane Katrina survivor, Paradis joins The Gates Of Slumber hot off stints in Sourvein, Substance Abuse and the New Orleans blues act T-bone and The Rhythm Makers.

"The new music is taking on a more troglodyte doom metal feel," exclaimed The Gates Of Slumber frontman/guitarist Karl Simon. "With Clyde now in the band, the feel of things was bound to change; he's not only a different drummer, but from a totally different school of thought with regards to the drums. It's no secret that Saint Vitus' shuddering doom crawl was the root that inspired this band and we'd both felt that over three albums we'd taken the raw epic feel as far as we could. Now, it's time to get back to basics, shed some of the bulk and get ugly again. No warriors this time, no acoustic guitars, no keyboards, no lofty Nietzschean ideals. Just black bile and a bit of the old 'white magic; black magic'."

Source: riseaboverecords.com
Band profile: The Gates Of Slumber
Posted: 12.11.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 12 users
14.11.2010 - 09:22
Jon

I like the sounds of that. "People say my songs are way too slow, but they don't know the things I know"
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.

Hits total: 2735 | This month: 6