Disc II [bonus]
01. Lament Of A Mortal Soul [live]
02. Behind The Smile [live]
03. Diva Satanica [live]
04. Exist To Exit [Dolby Digital 5.1 mix version]
05. Leader Of The Rats [Dolby Digital 5.1 mix version]
06. Dead Eyes See No Future [Dolby Digital 5.1 mix version]

Additional info
Produced, mixed and mastered by Andy Sneap.

Guest review by
Justin
Rating:
After the initial shock of finding out that Arch Enemy had recruited a female vocalist for last years ?Wages Of Sin?, I soon discovered that the band had created an album that was true to their original design, and easily made its way to one of the best for that year.

However, fears and speculation that guitarists Michael and Christopher Amott would fall short of the mark creating Arch Enemy's fifth album can be dismissed without a second thought the moment the introduction piece ?Tear Down The Walls? emanates from the speakers!

Read more ››
published 29.09.2003 | Comments (11)

Found in 23 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 745 users
14.11.2010 - 13:13
Rating: 10
ramin

My love ,all of arch enemy is one of the fucking world!!!
14.11.2010 - 15:44
Rating: 8
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
This is their best work, every song is at least good, some are great.
----
rekt
03.12.2011 - 06:49
Rating: 10
Melkor

Gr8 gr8 album!!my top 5 from this wil be-
1 we will rise
2 end of the line
3 dead eyes see no future
4 dehumanization
5 saints ans sinners!!

probably d best album by arch enemy.period...
12.05.2012 - 03:32
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

'Anthems of Rebellion' seems to have the same major problem as 'Wages of Sin' for me personally. The first half of the album, running up to 'Exist to Exit' is some of the most creatively written material the band have ever produced. 'Silent wars' hits harder than a ton of bricks, 'We will rise' is a surprisingly good call to arms, and 'Dead eyes see no future' has the best melodic guitar licks ive heard of late. However, from 'disposable heroes' onwards, it just seems that the band got bored and lost a great deal of originality-and even though this is revived somewhat with the epic closer 'Saints and Sinners', i am now convinced that this album is slightly overrated.
12.05.2012 - 04:00
Rating: 9
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Definitely a step down after "Wages Of Sin", but certainly better than their lacklustre latest effort. "Saints And Sinners", "Leader Of The Rats", and the crushing "Exist To Exit" are certainly amongst the band's most neglected and underrated songs. In the light of more recent output from Arch Enemy, this one definitely has quite a bit to savour. Though it still wavers compared to their absolute best albums.
15.02.2015 - 22:45
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by deadone on 03.10.2014 at 02:40

Listening to this last night, it finally dawned to me what knocks the albuim down a peg or two: it's the bloody drums.

1. They're too high up in the mix.

2. They're soulless clicky sounding things.

In essence they distract from some well crafted songs and riffs.

Shame. I find this to be a problem with a lot of modern metal.

Still better than the poor drum sound big brother had during his last couple CoF albums.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

15.02.2015 - 23:52
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by deadone on 15.02.2015 at 23:43

Last few CoF albums have been shit too.

Agreed.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

29.05.2020 - 23:47
Rating: 8
TheH2K

One of their greatest record with End of The Line and Instinct among others. Great moments of Melodic Death Metal music occurs in this record.We Will Rise can be in anyone's top 100 metal songs ever.Great vocals by Angela and backing vocals by Amott is something that I can call standard.The whole package is absolutely promising.
17.10.2020 - 22:16
Rating: 7
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Somewhat of a letdown after wages of sin, it drags on for too long and some songs like "end of the line" are quite boring. On the other hand though, you got tracks like "silent wars" which absolutely slays, and "we will rise" which is a great, although cheesy, metal anthem
26.08.2023 - 18:27
Rating: 6
Neoxx07

Such a disapointment after Wages of sin. Still has some traces of WOS but minimal. the best way to describe this album is "uninspired".

Hits total: 14692 | This month: 57