Metal Storm logo
Primal Fear - Frontman's Solo Album Out Soon

Frontiers Records has issued the following update in regards to Primal Fear vocalist Ralf Scheepers' upcoming solo release:

The forthcoming solo album from Primal singer Ralf Scheepers is in the very final stages of production.

Some very special guests agreed to appear - the list includes guitarists "Metal" Mike Chlasciak ( Halford), Kai Hansen ( Gamma Ray), Sander Gommans ( After Forever) and Magnus Karlsson ( Primal Fear, Allen/Lande). Powerhouse American vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens ( Judas Priest, Iced Earth) is dueting with Scheepers on the track "Remission Of Sin", Swedish multi-instrumentalist Snowy Shaw ( Therion, King Diamond) appears on drums and Primal Fear's Mat Sinner is playing bass on the entire LP and produced the album. Ralf co-produced the album. Achim Koehler is currently in the final stages of the mixing session and will shortly be mastering the production.

Scheepers revealed that his upcoming solo album will include a remake of his song "Saints Of Rock" - originally recorded with his band Tyran Pace - and a cover version of the Judas Priest classic "Before The Dawn".

"The song "Saints Of Rock" is gonna be, of course, a little bit more modern and updated than it was [when the original version was recorded] in 1986," he explained. "I mean, right now we have much more possibilities to make songs sound a little bit more modern, starting with the drum sound and the bass sounds." He added, "I think "Before The Dawn" pretty much is a straight cover, but the first song I'm playing (nearly) all instruments ? just a little more orchestral things going on. Vocal-wise, I just added a harmony vocals, plus the two outstanding guitar solos by maestro Victor Smolski ( Rage). The album is like a trip through my entire career from hard driven crushing metal, groovy heavy beats, orchestral epic to stripped down basic songs and of course some nice surprises!"

The musical direction of his forthcoming solo CD is more diverse than Primal Fear, from the hardest to the softest tones. Frontiers Records will release the album in February 2011.

Source: primalfear.de
Band profile: Primal Fear
Posted: 16.11.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 50 users
16.11.2010 - 19:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hmm... this could be good, I'll check it our for sure! xD
17.11.2010 - 00:10
Luneth
Account deleted
Hmm, not a fan of Primal Fear, but this will be worth checking out.
17.11.2010 - 02:37
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hell yeah. wants it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.11.2010 - 05:32
mikeprado30

I just want Ralf's voices gets my ears broken AGAIN!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
14.12.2010 - 23:46
BMR Monkey

Written by mikeprado30 on 17.11.2010 at 05:32

I just want Ralf's voices gets my ears broken AGAIN!

Me too
One of the best voices on the metal scene
And something to keep in mind is that duet with tim da ripper another kick-ass singer. That will be awesome
15.12.2010 - 03:21
RavenKing

It might be a bit of a prejudice to think like that but I think solo albums from vocalists are usually sub-par and extremely boring.
Anyway, I liked Scheepers on "Heading For Tomorrow" and "Sigh No More" (Gamma Ray) but as soon as he changed his vocal style (on "Insanity And Genius") , I began disliking him.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody

Hits total: 2897 | This month: 6