Metal Storm logo
Yakuza - Frontman To Release Solo Album

Details on the upcoming solo album from Bruce Lamont are beginning to ooze forth as the album nears release. The first solo album from the Yakuza frontman will be released worldwide via the brutally eclectic At A Loss Recordings on Tuesday, January 25th, 2011.

"I began working on solo material in early 2006," states Lamont, on the inspiration behind the album. "I wanted to delve further into creating music without limits or boundaries, devoid of predicable twists and turns which is simply a reflection of personality, while challenging my own mind and beliefs."

Entitled Feral Songs For The Epic Decline, the diverse album bears seven tracks Lamont himself envisioned and created utilizing an arsenal of instruments including reeds, saxophones, guitars, moog synths, contact mics, percussion and more, as well as incorporating a multitude of vocal styles, looping tones and creating post-doom/metal elements infiltrated with everything from grating noise to cerebral soundscapes.

"I enjoy melody." he continues. "Not in a formulaic sense though. I have more of a desire to move beyond melody, syncopated rhythms, creating moods and textures, pushing voice and instruments into an unconventional realm, allowing my subconscious to dictate the flow of ideas, living and reveling in the moment."

Four tracks from Feral Songs For The Epic Decline were recorded with the infamous Sanford Parker in 2007, and the other three tracks recorded in May of this year, again with Parker, culminating four years of heavy writing and dedication from Lamont, while juggling countless other musical ventures he's invested his life to. The cover artwork and layout for the massive project has been commissioned to the visionary Seldon Hunt (Nachtmystium, Sunn O))), Isis, etc.), and will be posted shortly.

Most widely recognized for his saxophone and vocal work fronting Chicago mindwarp metallers Yakuza, Bruce Lamont has also contributed to a plethora of other projects including Bloodiest (featuring members of 90 Day Men, Sterling), Circle of Animals (with Sanford Parker, Minsk/The High Confessions), Sick Gazelle (with Eric Block and Sanford Parker) and even Led Zeppelin II, a nationally touring mainstream Led Zep cover act in which Lamont immaculately plays the part of Robert Plant! He's also recorded with Sigh, East West Blast Test, Minsk, Nachtmystium, Rabid Rabbit, Brutal Truth, Cephalic Carnage, Sweet Cobra, Locrian, Hex Machine and more.

North American and European live actions from Bruce Lamont will be announced shortly and will continue to be booked throughout 2011. Promos of Feral Songs For The Epic Decline will be available shortly.

Two preview tracks, called "Deconstructing Self Destruction" and "2 Then The 3" are streaming on MySpace.

Feral Songs For The Epic Decline [cover art] tracklist:

01. One Who Stands On The Earth
02. The Epic Decline
03. Year Without Summer
04. The Book Of The Law
05. Disgruntled Employer
06. Deconstructing Self Destruction
07. 2 Then The 3

Source: myspace.com
Posted: 16.11.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 56 users
16.11.2010 - 23:46
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
An interesting band to listen to so it should be an interesting album...
19.11.2010 - 23:58
Symmachus

Sounds like something I would enjoy; I like the description. I should listen to more from Yakuza.

Hits total: 2237 | This month: 6