05. Push
06. Another Day
07. Once Before
08. Unrequited
09. Through The Cracks
10. Goodbye
11. Your End Of Days
12. Inside Your World

I seem to recall having some sort of interest in Godhead a few years ago back when Marilyn Manson took the band under his black wings, signed them onto his label, sang on their album and probably made some coffee for them too while he was at it. Well, whatever interest I might have had, it has definitely waned by now after hearing The Shadow Line, which is a classic example of music made by a band that is content in being located on precisely the same page throughout their entire career.

Basically, Jason C Miller and co. go through the motions. They indulge in tired industrial rock and goth metal clichés. The songwriting is pretty uninspired throughout. While this is all not completely indigestible in small doses (the melodies are actually memorable, the production is good, the vocals are solid), as a whole, the album is simply something that doesn't draw attention for a very long time. We're dealing here with the same tried and true formula of mid-tempo rhythms, simple power-chord chugging riffs and soaring (yet sorrowful) vocals. We've heard this all before and it wasn't particularly engaging to begin with. Also, I think the current alternative metal scene might have had more than its allowed share of similar bands. To top all of this off, Godhead treat us to some of the wors't ballads I have ever heard: "Fall Down" and "Inside Your World".

All in all, this is a pretty mediocre album. I wouldn't recommend it anyone unless you are really in the mood for some unobtrusive and formulaic industrial rock.

Written on 09.11.2006 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 4 users
17.11.2010 - 17:06
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Agree man...

I would call this more of a post-grunge than anything else... can't see how 3seconds of electronic little noises makes this album industrial.
Pure crap.

Not that their early albuns were some serious masterpieces.. but I can extract lots of good moments from Power Tool Stigmata.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Hits total: 2948 | This month: 3