Metal Storm logo
Chimaira - Bassist Leaves The Band

Chimaira have parted ways with long-serving bassist Jim LaMarca. The message from the band reads as follows:

"After a decade of good times and achievements, our friend and band mate Jim LaMarca has decided to retire from Chimaira. We wish him nothing but the best as he settles in and starts a family. As for seeking a replacement... we'll cross that bridge down the line. In the meantime, consider it "business as usual" with the Chimaira you know and love."

Dååth guitarist Emil Werstler will be handling the bass duties in Chimaira for the rest of the year.

Chimaira will embark on a short headlining tour in late November with support from Impending Doom, Dååth and This Or The Apocalypse. Click on the event link below to get all the dates.

Source: chimaira.com
Band profile: Chimaira
Event: Blue Collar Brawler Tour 2010
Posted: 22.11.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 121 users
22.11.2010 - 19:21
Sword_Chant

I remember watching something on their old DVD about the bassist not having much skills....something like that but I have a vague memory. The newest album was a bit of a slump, never the less - i'll check the new one out when they release it.
23.11.2010 - 03:52
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
They were very good in concert when i saw them like 4 years back. i dont really remember the bassist though. but good luck to him and his new family.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.11.2010 - 11:48
midland_don

Slump??!!!!!! I loved the Infection. Some serious head-nodding action to be had there.
24.11.2010 - 15:01
Sword_Chant

Written by midland_don on 24.11.2010 at 11:48

Slump??!!!!!! I loved the Infection. Some serious head-nodding action to be had there.

I didn't find it to be quite as good as Resurrection, I think they should go back to that style.

Hits total: 3200 | This month: 5