Metal Storm logo
Interesting Ebay Lot

31.08.2006 - 23:26
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
"Huge Burned Heavy Metal Vinyl LP Record Lot"

Quote:
I have not inspected every single piece itself but it appears as though most of the damage is cosmetic to the sleeves and many of these LP's are still perfectly playable.

then why is he selling them? the damage caused to them and the absurd postage costs will mean that he will not get very high bids for them so why would he flog a bunch of "perfectly playable" vinyls?

even if they don't play, if i lived locally id put £150 bid on them and decorate my house with them when i move out if i won.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
31.08.2006 - 23:49
Baz Anderson
staff
wow!! its a shame he says united states only
that is a big collection and i would definatly buy them if he lived over here as well
awww, thats such a shame. it would be so cool to have all them
01.09.2006 - 00:29
Damnated
Churchburner
Nah, somethings fishy here. But it would be nice to buy'em. These things just look good on walls and floors.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
01.09.2006 - 00:34
Endoftherainbow
I'd buy them but it says it's $800 to ship them to Canada which is extremely overpriced and I think that's really the reason they're going for so cheap. There's some good albums in there though nothing that's really to rare still it would be nice to have.
01.09.2006 - 02:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah...definitely illegal.
01.09.2006 - 18:27
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Dangerboner on 01.09.2006 at 02:02

Pardon?
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
01.09.2006 - 18:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I was really thinking of bidding on it, until I read Endoftherainbow's post. 800 fucking dollar?!

DUDE! NO WAY!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.09.2006 - 19:01
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
well actually it'll cost around $1300 to europe. she's in canada. :O

the postage ciosts are a big problem seeing as its something that not even guranteed to work (and probably won't work). like i said, if i lived closer id think of making a small bid and driving there to get it.
----

Read Watchmen.
02.09.2006 - 01:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by -tom- on 01.09.2006 at 18:27

Written by Dangerboner on 01.09.2006 at 02:02

Pardon?

Sorry, I misread it. When I saw "burned" I thought it was copied onto a cd-r cuz I didn't see the vinyl part.
02.09.2006 - 16:55
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Yeah, I also thought that to begin with until I read further into the matter. That would be a nice collection, if it wasn't damaged that is, lol. $0.12 is pretty good per record. The shipping though! I shudder to think what it would cost to get it here to Australia!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
03.09.2006 - 03:02
Daru Jericho
Crap! That's a really nice and varied vinyl collection there. Like pretty much everyone here, I'd buy if I lived near the seller. It's pretty fortunate that they escaped a house fire though.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

03.09.2006 - 10:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
This is a BULLSHIT story. Even if there is a minute fire near a vinyl record it becomes unplayable because the heat of the fire melts the vinyl. No matter how tiny the melting damage to the vinyl is it is instantly unplayable for the most part.
And that thing about Iron Maiden - The Soundhouse Tapes, what a load of crock. If the guy had the item he wouold NOT do away with it NO MATTER HOW DAMAGED it is because even in damaged condition The Soundhouse Tapes is still worth more than 100 US dollars.
Oh and btw, the shipping costs are outrageous. Ship that amount of vinyl from Europe to the US would never ever cost someone 1300 US Dollars, I guess it would cost around 200 US at most. So it seems like this guy is a rip-off artist.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2006 - 15:37
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.09.2006 at 10:47

This is a BULLSHIT story. Even if there is a minute fire near a vinyl record it becomes unplayable because the heat of the fire melts the vinyl. No matter how tiny the melting damage to the vinyl is it is instantly unplayable for the most part.
And that thing about Iron Maiden - The Soundhouse Tapes, what a load of crock. If the guy had the item he wouold NOT do away with it NO MATTER HOW DAMAGED it is because even in damaged condition The Soundhouse Tapes is still worth more than 100 US dollars.
Oh and btw, the shipping costs are outrageous. Ship that amount of vinyl from Europe to the US would never ever cost someone 1300 US Dollars, I guess it would cost around 200 US at most. So it seems like this guy is a rip-off artist.

:-O I didn't know that about vinyl. I mean I figured something was up when they had quite a bit of damage to them, but they seemed 'playable' but I didn't know how easily vinyl became damaged. Only my parents have vinyl at my place.

The rare LPs also made me wonder. You'd think he'd want to hold onto them as a sort of collectors item thing.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
03.09.2006 - 15:45
Baz Anderson
staff
haha you people. always so cynical
04.09.2006 - 03:26
-Valhalla-
That a shame. Ruined! I could find most of these for around the same price as the final bid will be, at my local record store.
If i was that guy, i'd be running out of my house on fire with all the records in my arms.
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
04.09.2006 - 16:07
Stigmatized
hehe...I live very close to Wake Forest...I should just go take them.
04.09.2006 - 17:14
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.09.2006 at 15:45

haha you people. always so cynical

its not being cynical, its being logical. LP's were in a fire. sleeves were burned on one side and we're supposed to believe that the they are still playable despite the fact that the vinyl would warp muchquicker than the sleeves would burn.

supposing they are still playable, why would he be selling them if he knows he won't get a good price?
----

Read Watchmen.