Metal Storm logo
Axl Rose - Is Suing Guitar Hero

Eager to become the talk of every music fans' Thanksgiving dinner today, Axl Rose has just issued his most insane lawsuit yet, suing "Guitar Hero" makers Activision for $20 million for featuring Guns N' Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

Axl initially signed off on "Welcome to the Jungle" being used in the game, but on one condition: do not put any music by Velvet Revolver, which boasts guitarist Slash (Rose's former bandmate and mortal enemy) in the game. Well, not only did "Guitar Hero III" offer a bunch of Velvet Revolver songs, they crowned Slash the game's spokesperson, featured him on the game's cover and made him a playable avatar. Cue Axl's lawsuit.

"[Activision] began spinning a web of lies and deception to conceal its true intentions to not only feature Slash and VR prominently in GH III but also promote the game by emphasizing and reinforcing an association between Slash and Guns N' Roses and the band's song "Welcome to the Jungle", "Rose's lawyer Skip Miller writes in the $20 million suit. Guns N' Roses' "Sweet Child O' Mine" featured in Guitar Hero II, and "Shackler's Revenge" from Axl's long-awaited Chinese Democracy actually debuted as a game-ending challenge in Rock Band 2, so Rose isn't opposed to the use of his songs in music video games. This comes down to, once again, Rose's undying hatred of Slash.

"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty," Rose said in 2009. "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided." Rose also sued his former manager Irving Azoff, the CEO of Live Nation Ticketmaster, accusing Azoff of conspiring to assemble a Guns N' Roses reunion tour that included Slash. That legal tiff is likely the reason why Axl's GNR hasn't toured the U.S. on its Chinese Democracy trek (although a February tour is rumored).

Funny detail: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock was already released 3 years ago.

Source: new.music.yahoo.com
Band profile: Guns N' Roses
Posted: 25.11.2010 by LeChron James

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 354 users
25.11.2010 - 16:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Who cares? ahah
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.11.2010 - 16:26
Vombatus
Potorro
Yeah, he really needs that money :
25.11.2010 - 16:27
Jiri

I don't blame Axl. They screwed him up the butt!
25.11.2010 - 16:33
vezzy
Stallmanite
Wait... Guitar Hero 3?

That game came out three years ago.

(didn't read last sentence)

Yeah, this is ridiculous.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
25.11.2010 - 16:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Screw Axl.

on the other hand, BEST DRAMA AWARD ALERT!!
25.11.2010 - 16:51
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I'm actually hoping he'll win.
Guitar Hero sucks donkey dick.
25.11.2010 - 16:54
Dargor

I knew Axl was an asshole but now I know he's a huge asshole.
25.11.2010 - 17:02
Baz Anderson

They broke the contract, so sue them. Seems fair to me.
25.11.2010 - 17:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Lol.

I'm really happy he's suing anything/anyone to do with ticketmaster though, more people should do that. Seriously, fuck that company.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.11.2010 - 18:21
Mikyz

I'd sue them to, I mean if he can get a shitload of money by doing it, he has no reason not to.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
25.11.2010 - 18:21
Prisoner
Account deleted
It would be funny if someone would make a website for people to donate money to Axl rose so he would drop this stupid lawsuit!LOL
25.11.2010 - 18:37
necrovamp

Hahahahaha what a dick.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
25.11.2010 - 18:44
Panterica

Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2010 at 16:36

Screw Axl.

on the other hand, BEST DRAMA AWARD ALERT!!

Totally agreed.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
25.11.2010 - 19:08
Hugoj33

Axl clown
25.11.2010 - 19:34
Derelict Earth

What a fucking loser ...
25.11.2010 - 19:56
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
This made my day hahahaha specially the last sentence
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.11.2010 - 20:01
Culty

Written by Baz Anderson on 25.11.2010 at 17:02

They broke the contract, so sue them. Seems fair to me.

Yeah, I agree. Even though it seems rather silly. lol
----
Gfnttlr
25.11.2010 - 20:10
silenius

Cant someone just put a bullet in his head? worthless pile of poop
25.11.2010 - 20:14
InnerSelf
proofread free
This years Drama Award nominees are shaping up very well
1.chainsaw cunt
2.Iron Maiden
3.Axl Rose

what a year
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
25.11.2010 - 20:22
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Axel is a douche. 'Nuff said.
25.11.2010 - 20:43
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
Written by Dargor on 25.11.2010 at 16:54

I knew Axl was an asshole but now I know he's a huge asshole.

Excellent!!!
25.11.2010 - 22:18
Thanntos

What a douche-nozzle.
----
I will kill you so hard you will die to death.
26.11.2010 - 01:39
Symmachus

Well, this suit did come a little late. While Axl is not the most favorable being around, the contract does appear to be broken, and it appears to be a reasonable complaint.

By the way, I didn't know that Axl and Slash were enemies, although Slash had left Guns n Roses a while back.
26.11.2010 - 01:49
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
I hate Axl.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.11.2010 - 14:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Although Axl is a moronic dickhead he is totally right here, apparently, cause this is breach of contract.
But suing them for 20 million is of course totally pathetic. He should have told them to remove either GnR songs are those crappy VR ones.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.11.2010 - 19:40
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
The only problem I have with this (besides Axl being a complete douche) is why wait 3 years?
----
rekt
26.11.2010 - 20:47
Mad Mike

His hatred for Slash has gotten intense to the point of it being laughable, seriously, if Lars and Dave Mustaine can kiss & make up, why can't they?
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
26.11.2010 - 21:10
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Axl Rose really is an asshole eh? There's no GnR without Slash anyway...I can't beleive that Axl is quoted as saying that he would ambush Slash and called him a cancer...you just don't do shit like that...and it isn't fucking up to Axl to dictate to then about Velvet Revolver songs...I mean, if he's that fucking anal than I personally would never have dealt with him...Axl Rose reminds me of Yosemite Sam...a hair-trigged temper and an intense hatred of...well, not rabbits, but Slash...he has an archenemy: SLASH...
27.11.2010 - 02:48
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
I knew Axl was an asshole already but this just makes him a bigger one and the game came out like 3 years ago anyway douche
27.11.2010 - 10:39
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Lol. This is stupid. As I was reading this, I was thinking: "Guitar Hero III?... but how long ago was that released...?" Then I read the 'Funny detail' and I laughed. Yeah... 3 years ago...
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.

Hits total: 5620 | This month: 5