Metal Storm logo
Catamenia - New Vocalist Announced

Original news, posted on 25.11.2010

After some major line-up changes at the beginning of October, Catamenia are carrying on and recruiting new members. And it seems like the search for a new vocalist is almost over.

The band checked in today with the following message: "We're down to three candidates with our new vocalist and they are Chris, Juha-Matti and Olli-Jukka. The actual decision between them will be done before the end of the year, so keep on checking our site (or your favorite website Metal Storm, ed.) for the updates!"

UPDATE

Juha-Matti Perttunen (All Against) will be the new vocalist of Finnish melodic black metal band Catamenia.

The band announced his addition through the following statement:

"Thanks to all candidates for the position of our new vocalist since the last line-up change, especially Ash from Agathodaimon and Olli-Jukka Mustonen, but we've finally made our decision. Our new vocalist is Juha-Matti Perttunen from a band called All Against. There was a damn tight fight between the last three candidates, but JM took over everything with his charisma, attitude and especially wide variety of different vocals to cope with our all songs. Welcome to Cata-family, Juha-Matti... the stage is yours!"

Source: catamenia.net
Band profile: Catamenia
Posted: 13.12.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 146 users
25.11.2010 - 20:33
Kriegsphilosoph
Account deleted
Sweet!
26.11.2010 - 11:53
patrickmetal12

I guess this is good news...
their last album wasnt as intense as their previous stuff.
i wish they included more of their finnish-ness and lots of more black metal into their music
\m/
13.12.2010 - 08:36
Risto
Wandering Midget
I have no idea how the article reads "Swedish melodic black metal band"...
13.12.2010 - 09:54
Jiri

Meh...
13.12.2010 - 14:27
Jon

Looks like a wigger to me. and @patrick, there's a good chance they'll reflex back to faster-paced and more melodic territory since that's what people are demanding... they're too small of a band to consider themselves above their listeners, as some do.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
13.12.2010 - 17:24
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
I hope for a heavier album....much heavier album. it will be my Christmas wish (no wait, that would be Time from Wintersun )
14.12.2010 - 06:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
He's wearing an LA Kings t-shirt, so fuck him.

This is another band that has seemed to completely lose their direction over the past few albums and can't come up with anything solid anymore.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 3563 | This month: 6