Metal Storm logo
Angra - New Album Will Be 'Much Heavier'

Angra is putting the very final touches unto its new album. The CD is going to be released in October and shall be the main event in the band's 15th anniversary celebrations.

The name of the record has been finally announced. It's called "Aurora Consurgens", which is also the title of an old book written by Saint Thomas of Aquin. Such book was used by Jung to establish relations between dreams and different mental conditions. Contrary to the band's latest album, "Temple Of Shadows", the forthcoming effort is not a concept album. However, all lyrics do have a common theme: the various mental issues, including suicidal tendencies, schizophrenia, manic depression, sociopathy, etc. The artwork was once again designed by Portuguese artist Isabel de Amorim.

Musically, the new album depicts a much heavier Angra. It doesn't mean the usual style of the band is lost, though. In fact, all tunes still rely on the influence of Brazilian music and there's a lot of percussion in the arrangements, several orchestral parts, etc. The songwriting process saw the participation of all members, so the album is quite diversified. At the same time, it maintains all the main characteristics of the band.

As an innovation, a "virtual single" will precede the release of the new album: fans will be able to download the song "The Course Of Nature" from the Internet. The artwork of the single will also be online, so it can be downloaded and printed as well. Such single must be available around September.

Read more at the Angra website.

Source: angra.net
Band profile: Angra
Posted: 01.09.2006 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 4 users
01.09.2006 - 11:28
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
It's making me really curious
01.09.2006 - 12:14
Baz Anderson
Staff
oooo
i like all the percussion and stuff in Brazillian bands, so this will be good
i will be in university studying psychology when that is released as well, so it is very fitting!
01.09.2006 - 12:32
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Sounds like this album's gonna be a must have...looking forward
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
01.09.2006 - 15:32
Ahto
just cant wait to listen...
01.09.2006 - 22:47
Cloud Strife
Account deleted
Very well...
Angra is simply a luxury and I can't wait to get this album...

But..
And this song "Salvation: Suicide"
What is this??
02.09.2006 - 00:22
Pianoman
Account deleted
Seems very interesting.
More heavier????
They are copying shaaman in their change of mystic (ritual) to heavy (reason)
02.09.2006 - 00:35
pajo
Account deleted
I just cant wait for so long
This album will kick asses! I am really looking forward to hear some new angra songs
Especialy kikos guitar playing. I think that this guys simply cannot release bad stuff!
09.09.2006 - 04:34
MightySabbath
Hope Angra continues with their amazing "touch" to make really good power metal

Hits total: 2621 | This month: 12