Metal Storm logo
Bring Me The Horizon

Original post

Posted by Sonic MrSumo, 03.12.2010 - 09:20
Long time user of Metalstorm, long time listener of metal.

I simply don't understand why Bring Me The Horizon has been "blacklisted" from this site. Surely their music is metal.

I get the feeling that people don't want the band on Metalstorm purely because they don't like them. Sorry, but that isn't a good enough reason. They should be on this site, and if people want to rubbish them and rate them poorly, then feel free to do so...
13.01.2011 - 11:06
JD
Account deleted
Well i don't like this band, but if they "blacklisted" i guess BFMV and A7 should be kicked from this site.
13.01.2011 - 11:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.12.2010 at 20:35

Bring Me The Horizon has nothing to do with Screamo whatsoever. DEeathcore it is with some slight grindcore thrown into the equation. And albeit shit it still is metal.

I don't really understand then... I mean, who is the one that says that x band is blacklisted? The staff? Because if it is the staff then I seriously don't understand how they are blacklisten if they are clearly metal enough, I fail to see a good reason.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.01.2011 - 17:46
vezzy
Stallmanite
Liberal bias, no doubt.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
15.01.2011 - 15:37
King Bonzo
I see we have Atreyu and 36 crazyfists and clawfinger on Metal Storm now. I think the argument for not having BMTH is slipping.

No one. NO ONE. Can put together a decent argument that Atreyu belong here more than Bring Me The Horizon.
17.01.2011 - 00:26
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by King Bonzo on 15.01.2011 at 15:37

No one. NO ONE. Can put together a decent argument that Atreyu belong here more than Bring Me The Horizon.

Agree. That's why Atreyu should gtfo.

Serious.
20.01.2011 - 22:12
Written by Vombatus on 17.01.2011 at 00:26

Written by King Bonzo on 15.01.2011 at 15:37

Agree. That's why Atreyu should gtfo.

Serious.

Disagree. Atreyu has been around long before BMTH. Atreyu sort of pioneered the melodic metalcore style while it seems that BMTH just rode their coattails and added some weak death metal influences. The only reason they have notoriety is due to the fact that tons of scene girls think Oli Sykes is attractive. Now I'm not saying that Atreyu isn't guilty of having tons of girls love them too due to their looks, but Atreyu's songs just seem way more thought out. They also diversified their sound from the usual metalcore into just heavy rock like on Lead Sails Paper Anchor.
21.01.2011 - 00:28
Sonic MrSumo
Written by MordecaiHexagram on 20.01.2011 at 22:12

Disagree. Atreyu has been around long before BMTH. Atreyu sort of pioneered the melodic metalcore style while it seems that BMTH just rode their coattails and added some weak death metal influences. The only reason they have notoriety is due to the fact that tons of scene girls think Oli Sykes is attractive. Now I'm not saying that Atreyu isn't guilty of having tons of girls love them too due to their looks, but Atreyu's songs just seem way more thought out. They also diversified their sound from the usual metalcore into just heavy rock like on Lead Sails Paper Anchor.

I think it's irrelevant as to who came first or if BMTH "rode their coattails" of other bands, they're metal, and they should be on this site.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
21.01.2011 - 00:30
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 21.01.2011 at 00:28

I think it's irrelevant as to who came first or if BMTH "rode their coattails" of other bands, they're metal, and they should be on this site.

Well yeah, they can both be on the site. I just think it's wrong to say Atreyu should go when they clearly were around before BMTH was and innovated the melodic metalcore sound.
21.01.2011 - 00:39
Sonic MrSumo
Written by MordecaiHexagram on 21.01.2011 at 00:30

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 21.01.2011 at 00:28

Well yeah, they can both be on the site. I just think it's wrong to say Atreyu should go when they clearly were around before BMTH was and innovated the melodic metalcore sound.

Fair enough.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
21.01.2011 - 04:23
soadbyob
Account deleted
I have no idea why BMTH is banned but The Devil Wears Prada is on here, Horizon could shred circles around Devil, and thats saying a lot!

PS: Yes, I have returned (to all who remember/know me)
21.01.2011 - 08:12
Written by Guest on 21.01.2011 at 04:23

I have no idea why BMTH is banned but The Devil Wears Prada is on here, Horizon could shred circles around Devil, and thats saying a lot!

I honestly think it's due to a lot of the negative backlash BMTH has gotten from metal purists. I don't like BMTH or TDWP but if TDWP is here, they might as well add BMTH as well.