Metal Storm logo
Opeth - To Enter The Studio In January

That's right! Opeth will start the recording of their 10th album on the 31st of January 2011. The band has picked the legendary Atlantis Studios (ex Metronome studios) in Stockholm and will once again work with Jens Bogren engineering. Mixing duties will be handled by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree).

A possible release worldwide is expected in Autumn of 2011 through Roadrunner Records. The new material has been described by the band as being "good".

Source: opeth.com
Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 03.12.2010 by bane26

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 57   Visited by: 340 users
04.12.2010 - 07:41
PrimalAntagonist
Account deleted
Opeth has been so far extremely consistent....let's see what happens now..
But expectations are going to skyhigh anyway...
04.12.2010 - 10:07
guitarpunk2009

Written by Winterthrone on 04.12.2010 at 06:31

Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.12.2010 at 22:24

Written by Winterthrone on 03.12.2010 at 21:24

First you mean WILSON...
Second their discography went "Meh"...???? What the fuck are you talking about? Blackwater Park, Damnation/Deliverance, Ghost Reveries are their best albums.

I said STARTED, I should write better and you shouldread better as well.

Blackwater Park, Damnation and Deliverance are still very good albums but for me it's going slowly (I repeat just in case you didn't catch up: SLOWLY) going downhill. I never understood the OVERHYPE (because it's nothing short of an overhype) that Blackwater Park has, specially since albums like Still Life and Morningrise are equally good to say the least.

Deliverance was good the first years I heard it, now it just seems old and not really something that fresh... and Ghost reveries... well, the first time I heard it seemed like it was a different band with mikael åkerfeldt doing the vocals. The thing got worse with Watershed when they went just way to progressive... It seems that with Wilson they took more progressive and left the metal part behind. There is no song in the last 2 cds that has the same strenght than songs like Blackwater Park, Serenity Painted Death or Demon of The Fall.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I still believe that the real problem for me isn't Wilson (he's one of the reasons but not the main one)... it's the FUCKING keyboardist.... Mikael, if you ever read this: KICK THE SHIT OUT OF THAT GUY....

PS: Also.... In my humble opinion.... They knew exactly what they were doing since their debut, I don't think they were searching a sound at all.

I should have read better.... Yeah right... I read exactly what you wrote and there was only one sentence. Now you wrote three paragraphs and a P.S. to explain that sentence. Overhype on Blackwater Park??? Man that album to me, and a lot of people I know is just awesome. It's funny how people will say something is overrated when they PERSONALLY don't like it or the contrary (Say something is underrated when they like it and a majority of people hate it). You have the right to like the old Opeth more than their latest stuff but then again I don't see what's wrong with their keyboardist. And I don't think Mikael is going to 'kick the shit out of him' anytime soon just cause you wrote that questionable sentence... Man I think you should go to bed, you seem tired to write such bullshit.

I'm pretty sure that Mikael has always done the vocals.. He didn't start doing them on ghost reveries.. Idk how you came up with that horrible assumption

BTW my Arms Your Hearse is the best album. Just sayin
04.12.2010 - 10:07
guitarpunk2009

Oh and Per is awesome
04.12.2010 - 11:56
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by guitarpunk2009 on 04.12.2010 at 10:07

I'm pretty sure that Mikael has always done the vocals.. He didn't start doing them on ghost reveries.. Idk how you came up with that horrible assumption

He meant Ghost Reveries sounded like a totally different band that had Mikael do the vocals; he didn't say Mikael had started doing the vocals on that album. And you quoted the wrong person. . (It's the second time I say this in the last 24 hours )
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
04.12.2010 - 12:50
MoonReflection

Since both - Watershed and early stuff like Morningrise are pure art, I am confident that Opeth will bring another masterpiece again. ^^
04.12.2010 - 17:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

Man I think you should go to bed, you seem tired to write such bullshit.

And you seem to be quite serious, if you thought I was angry you got it wrong then. I never said your opinion was bullshit, why is yours different than mine?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.12.2010 - 17:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Fingers crossed for more stuff like Watershed, as opposed to the over the top and unnecessarily convoluted stuff on Ghost Reveries.
04.12.2010 - 19:15
Winterthrone

Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.12.2010 at 17:21

Man I think you should go to bed, you seem tired to write such bullshit.

And you seem to be quite serious, if you thought I was angry you got it wrong then. I never said your opinion was bullshit, why is yours different than mine?

Man I didn't say your opinions were bullshit. I talked about the sentence were you said: "Mikael, if you ever read this, kick the shit out of that guy!" To me that type of sentence is not an opinion it's bullshit. You have the right to like the old Opeth more than what they became now but why you have to attack those who like the new stuff saying it's overhyped? And btw I'm not angry with you, I don't know you personally, I was just stating this sentence was bullshit, a personal attack not an opinion.
04.12.2010 - 19:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Winterthrone on 04.12.2010 at 19:15

Man I didn't say your opinions were bullshit. I talked about the sentence were you said: "Mikael, if you ever read this, kick the shit out of that guy!" To me that type of sentence is not an opinion it's bullshit. You have the right to like the old Opeth more than what they became now but why you have to attack those who like the new stuff saying it's overhyped? And btw I'm not angry with you, I don't know you personally, I was just stating this sentence was bullshit, a personal attack not an opinion.

Ok,. we're cool

Although I don't think I'm attacking anybody by thinking that the album is overrated, it is a very good album and I'm willing to give it a 8,5 easily, it's just that I can't give it a 9 let alone a 10. But yeah, tastes differ and people do crazy stuff during friday night.

The keyboards in Damnation are perfect though... Because they are in the background to make the atmosphere better but I can't really see the point of a keaboard solo
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.12.2010 - 21:10
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
"Good".
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
04.12.2010 - 21:14
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I don't have confidence in them anymore without Peter and Martin...
----
rekt
05.12.2010 - 01:16
opeth771

BEST NEWS EVER I'M ALREADY CRYING!
05.12.2010 - 02:24
Raziel X

Like if it was a freakin crime to use keyboards besides any form of death metal, wake up ppl

I like the eerie keys
05.12.2010 - 04:46
Mad Mike

New album = New world tour... so I'm happy for that!
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
05.12.2010 - 06:42
Zuzuz0r

If they release something similar to Ghost Reveries or Watershed, it will be good for me, still, I have the feeling that they'll do something different.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
05.12.2010 - 11:03
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Thryce on 03.12.2010 at 21:43

Opeth? More like Overhypeth. Amirite?

Spot on. Let the fanboy jizzfest begin.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
05.12.2010 - 12:13
Deth

Good, I'll get to see them in concert again... Can wait.:dcool:
----
\m/
05.12.2010 - 13:17
Callo

I lol'd. But I still think they're a great band. Waiting for this one for sure.
05.12.2010 - 14:48
Panterica

As much as I love Opeth, somehow I don't feel that excited about it. Maybe it's Watershed that cools me down, because it was quite disappointing. I hope the new one will be better.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
06.12.2010 - 04:11
Opethian

...yes im excited
06.12.2010 - 06:47
Grody2themax

No, just because a band is popular doesn't mean they are overhyped.
07.12.2010 - 07:49
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, I loved Watershed, so I think this could be good, also Mikael surely will try to experiment some more to obtain the sound that he's searching for. Who knows...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
11.12.2010 - 04:25
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
I hope this means tour after they're done.
17.12.2010 - 20:09
Rimfrost

Watershed was good, but not as great as Still Life or Blackwater park. I would not mind if they experimented further on the Watershed-thing though, I have confidence that Åkerfeldt and crew will write some interesting songs in any direction they choose to go. Hell will freeze over before Opeth releases a crappy album.
02.01.2011 - 22:33
SauradipGhosh

Right..Opeth can do no wrong..they are Gods!
04.02.2011 - 15:21
Night Sight

Gods of progressive metal!
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
07.02.2011 - 18:23
superbarhom

Give us what we want ......METAL OPETH METAL
----