Metal Storm logo
Godflesh - Frontman Talks About New Material

Blabbermouth is telling me that Godflesh mastermind Justin Broadrick has told Decibel Magazine that the band is slowly putting together ideas for a new studio album.

"It's something we're discussing all the time, and I do have bits and pieces of material," he said. "But it's something we'd really like to develop. It'd be quite easy to knock out eight to 10 in-character songs and release it as quickly as possible to capitalize on the popularity of the group, but it would feel entirely wrong. If it's another two years until another Godflesh record, so be it. The most important thing is making a record that stands up with the rest of the back catalogue. I do have this in me again, though."

Another extract of the interview with Justin Broadrick (where he talks about the band's reunion appearance at Hellfest) can be found here. The full interview can be read in the January issue of the magazine.

Source: decibelmagazine.com
Band profile: Godflesh
Posted: 05.12.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 46 users
05.12.2010 - 15:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Why did I get an update about this? I don't have Godflesh in my list. Great news though, and it's good to see Broadrick taking a sensible attitude toward the new material.
05.12.2010 - 18:20
Kub

Wow, so the pigs will fly!
Great news. This world definitely needs another Godflesh LP!
06.12.2010 - 05:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Glad he/they are going to take their time to do it right. i'd rather wait a coupe years for something on the caliber of Streetcleaner, Pure, or Selfless then get a Same Shit, Different Decade release churned out going through the motions.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.12.2010 - 09:34
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Outstanding! But here's what worries me: How many more "ideas" can J.K. Broadrick have in his head? I mean he's put out a dozen or so EPs/LPs each for Godflesh/Jesu/Whatever Else Projects he was involved with. How can this not be some watered down, unoriginal, hom-hum heard it before product.
----
rekt
26.01.2011 - 07:54
Bond Of Blood
Account deleted
It will be interesting to see what he comes up with

Hits total: 3125 | This month: 6