Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest - Announce Farewell Tour

Official press release

After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking their very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, Judas Priest - one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, have announced this will be their final world tour!!

However, the mighty Priest will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive Epitaph Tour - hitting all the major cities throughout the world they will be playing the songs that helped make the name Judas Priest synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all their fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is Judas Priest!

Judas Priest will be starting their world tour in Europe - we have just confirmed the following festivals for 2011. Stay tuned as we announce more dates - information will be forthcoming soon - so start getting prepared to rock one final time with the incomparable Judas Priest!

9th June - Sweden Rock Festival, Sölvesborg, Sweden
11th June - Sauna Open Air, Tampere, Finland
17th June - Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
19th June - Hellfest Open Air, Nantes, France
22nd June - Gods of Metal, Milan, Italy
25th June - Graspop Metal Meeting, Belgium
23rd July - High Voltage Festival, London, UK
5th August - Wacken Open Air, Germany

Source: judaspriest.com
Band profile: Judas Priest
Event: Judas Priest: Epitaph World Tour
Posted: 07.12.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 52   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 397 users
07.12.2010 - 13:02
Kingface
Interesting. Might have to try and make sure I make one of the shows! It is too much to ask for them to play Sheffield again before their farewell? Probably.
07.12.2010 - 13:02
arj
Awesome, I guess this is one of the X-mas announcements for Hellfest :-)
07.12.2010 - 13:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
NOOOOOO!!!

fuck, i wanted a new tour but NOT a farewell tour goddamit..
07.12.2010 - 13:26
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Judas Priest at Hellfest? That's fucking sweet!
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
07.12.2010 - 13:45
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Priest at Wacken. Nice.
----
07.12.2010 - 13:54
BudDa
Elite
They should come to Africa so that it is really a "World Tour"...
I would sell everything I own just to see them...
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
07.12.2010 - 13:57
Arcticus
Hmm, fair enough i guess. 40 years is a pretty long time to be rockin'...here's hoping they make it to australia, would love to see the priest before they kick the metal bucket
07.12.2010 - 14:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Noooo!

Getting older sucks! I think they could have continued, I just need to make sure I catch them if they play anywhere near me...
07.12.2010 - 14:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.12.2010 at 14:03

Noooo!

Getting older sucks! I think they could have continued, I just need to make sure I catch them if they play anywhere near me...

In my case it wont be possible, once I miss band live well,,,, soon Ac/Dc, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, say same ;(
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.12.2010 - 14:07
Yavanna
Why no shows in Brazil, why ?
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
07.12.2010 - 14:09
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
YEAH !!! FANTASTIC!!! This Hellfest's gonna be fuckin' awesome !!!!!!!!!!
07.12.2010 - 14:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 07.12.2010 at 14:28

Would imagine that it will not be the last we see of them.

Status Quo, Rolling Stones all said that they would retire then come back with a new tour every couple of years. Think the latest Quo tour is sponsored by Horlicks and Stannah stairlifts. A free walk in bath for fan club members.

Haha!
07.12.2010 - 14:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I hope Priest come back to Portugal on this tour. I would hate it if I didn't have the change to see them live again before they "retire".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.12.2010 - 15:40
Elodie Artour
Slania
C'mon... Are you all so certain it's gonna be their last tour?
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
07.12.2010 - 16:59
Baz Anderson
Staff
Last world tour? So what is happening with the band? They will continue to make albums? Or just split?
07.12.2010 - 18:00
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Wait a moment... *reading again the news*... oh now I get it... WHAT THE FUCK?!?!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
07.12.2010 - 18:06
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
Hopefully Halford keeps going on his own... with Dio gone we need Halford to stay active...
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
07.12.2010 - 18:32
silenius
Sweet that they are coming back to sweden rock anyways^^ always nice to see them live, but it will majorly suck infected as if they quit!
07.12.2010 - 19:07
Jon
Fuckin lame. Hope to hell they come to Singapore, it would be my last chance to see em. Once again I wish I had been born 20 years earlier.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
07.12.2010 - 19:19
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Yavanna on 07.12.2010 at 14:07

Why no shows in Brazil, why ?

These are just the first dates. Relax, there will be more, they even said that in the freaking news post. You really thought THAT was the "massive world tour"? Keyword here is world, incase you didn't know.
----
THRASH!!!
07.12.2010 - 19:20
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Holy Man on 07.12.2010 at 18:06

Hopefully Halford keeps going on his own... with Dio gone we need Halford to stay active...

I really hope that is the case. Dio was going right up till he got the cancer, and he was a few years older than Rob when that happened. I can understand Rob has a vocal style that age probably hits harder than any other, but he has shown he can still sing the older songs in a more mid-lower range. Which I think has actually improved with age. Rob needs to carry the torch now as the elder statesman of classic metal vocals now we've lost Dio! I really hope he doesn't retire, or Priest for that matter... with any luck, it just means they wont be doing any more massive tours...
07.12.2010 - 19:29
Baz Anderson
Staff
Maybe Dio made them think twice. Maybe they don't want to be doing Judas Priest for the rest of their lives too.
07.12.2010 - 20:29
King Ajax
NOOOOO!!!!! I'm a sad Panda.
----
Metal Up Your Ass!
07.12.2010 - 20:50
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Noo!! I really hope I'll get to see them. They just had to pick a time of financial stress for me to do a farewell tour too. >_<
07.12.2010 - 21:00
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Sure hope they come to Florida. Never seen em, missed em when they played the Hard Rock earlier this hear. It'd be great to catch em as they go out with a bang!
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
07.12.2010 - 21:36
jpwiseguy
Account deleted
Ok, so they feel totally comfortable with their last album being a steaming pile of dogshit? Unbelievable. On second thought, maybe that is a good choice guys, give up now, because you certainly don't know how to write good metal music anymore.
07.12.2010 - 22:17
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
1 more album from them would have made sense to me. Nostradamus is kind of a bad note to leave on. Halford's been running his own show as it is so in that light it makes sense too.

so yeah... wow.....

The Priest is getting elevated...
----
07.12.2010 - 22:29
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted

At least I got to see Halford at Ozzfest.
07.12.2010 - 22:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ph0eNiX on 07.12.2010 at 22:17

1 more album from them would have made sense to me. Nostradamus is kind of a bad note to leave on. Halford's been running his own show as it is so in that light it makes sense too.

I actually said only a few days ago that I hope Nostradamus wouldnt be the last Priest album, cos they deserve to end on a far better note than that... lol
08.12.2010 - 01:16
Shit................

No one is mentioning this but I know everyone is thinking this: I hope Iron Maiden won't be next to throw in the towel.

Hits total: 7550 | This month: 9