Metal Storm logo
Don't you hate it when... (reasons to leave a band)

Original post

Posted by , 02.09.2006 - 22:01
certain musicians get "sick" or have an excuse to leave there band and next thing you know they go join another band or make there own sometimes? just tell them straight up, i dont wanna be in this band instead of making up an excuse
15.06.2007 - 08:33
mazakiel
Account deleted
Yeah musical differences can cause a trouble and makes you feel like a outsider in the band thats never good thats why a lot of musicians just leave. I do think they should leave giving the reasons they left
15.06.2007 - 11:57
Jg1

Martijn Westerholt from Within Temptation got pfeiffer's disease and had to quit, so he was replaced with Martijn Spierenburg. Next year, Westerholt founded Delain. No reason to hate at all.
29.06.2007 - 02:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Anyone whos been in a serious band (a band that isnt merely for the purpose of jamming) knows theres usually one controlling as*hole who wants to create his vision, instead of taking into account everyone elses musical visions, and instead of creating a media circus soap opera by calling the guy a control freak they just call it "Musical Differences" or some other euphamism for saying "I f*cking hated working with that guy but I dont want a feud"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.06.2007 - 02:56
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 02:23

Anyone whos been in a serious band knows theres usually one controlling as*hole who wants to create his vision, instead of taking into account everyone elses musical visions

perhaps you never realised, but usually every band is lead by one man. you also might have missed the fact that not every band member has a musical vision, moreover usually the creative force is that one man that leads the band. bands that have more than one "visionary" are the ones that usually break up due to "musical differences".
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.06.2007 - 02:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Damnated on 29.06.2007 at 02:56

Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 02:23

Anyone whos been in a serious band knows theres usually one controlling as*hole who wants to create his vision, instead of taking into account everyone elses musical visions

bands that have more than one "visionary" are the ones that usually break up due to "musical differences".

Thats exactly what I meant, perhaps you read it wrong. You dont hear the musical difference excuse from members that dont write any music. Unless the band is taken in an entirely new direction
----
- George Carlin
29.06.2007 - 03:08
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 02:58

Thats exactly what I meant, perhaps you read it wrong. You dont hear the musical difference excuse from members that dont write any music. Unless the band is taken in an entirely new direction

shure you did
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.06.2007 - 03:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Damnated on 29.06.2007 at 03:08

Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 02:58

eh, no you didn't. read your post again

theres usually one controlling as*hole who wants to create his vision, instead of taking into account everyone elses musical visions, and instead of creating a media circus soap opera by calling the guy a control freak they just call it "Musical Differences"

OK, well I guess Ill have to spell it out for you then.

Jimmy has a musical vision. Billy has a musical vision aswell. Jimmy holds more power in the band so he has the power to deny Billy's input, which he does, or reduces his imput to some degree. Billy really wants to write music, Jimmy wont have it so Billy leaves due to 'Musical Differences'. This problem would not arise if Billy did not have a musical vision.

Now perhaps you see why my reason wouldnt have an application on a band consisting of one person writing while the others just played there parts. I thought that would be pretty much assumed.
----
- George Carlin
29.06.2007 - 03:26
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 03:16

Jimmy has a musical vision. Billy has a musical vision aswell. Jimmy holds more power in the band so he has the power to deny Billy's input, which he does, or reduces his imput to some degree. Billy really wants to write music, Jimmy wont have it so Billy leaves due to 'Musical Differences'. This problem would not arise if Billy did not have a musical vision.

but what if billy's musical ideas are better? who leaves? billy, the weak genious, or jimmy the dominant avarege guy? do tell me!
----

29.06.2007 - 03:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Damnated on 29.06.2007 at 03:26

Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 03:16

but what if billy's musical ideas are better? who leaves? billy, the weak genious, or jimmy the dominant avarege guy? do tell me!

Take Guns N Roses for example, Axl and Slash, the two leading song writers, Axl held pretty much all publishing rights and he was slightly more popular (being the frontman and all), and he controlled, contrary to popular belief, Slash was not fired from GnR, he left because Axl was a control freak. A media circus soap opera started because instead of saying "Musical Differences" Slash actually spoke out about what happened, which turns into big legal battles and such.
----
- George Carlin
29.06.2007 - 03:46
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 03:42

Take Guns N Roses for example, Axl and Slash, the two leading song writers, Axl held pretty much all publishing rights and he was slightly more popular (being the frontman and all), and he controlled, contrary to popular belief, Slash was not fired from GnR, he left because Axl was a control freak. A media circus soap opera started because instead of saying "Musical Differences" Slash actually spoke out about what happened, which turns into big legal battles and such.

this was a bad example. gnr didn't brake up just because of musical differences. they broke up mainly because slash and the other guys could not stnad axl's ego. it was all over the place.
----

29.06.2007 - 03:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Damnated on 29.06.2007 at 03:46

Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 03:42

this was a bad example. gnr didn't brake up just because of musical differences. they broke up mainly because slash and the other guys could not stnad axl's ego. it was all over the place.

I know, but what I was saying is that this problem exists in all sorts of bands, but to avoid a media circus they just use "Musical Differences" as an easy excuse and leave it at that.
----
- George Carlin
29.06.2007 - 03:50
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 03:48

this problem exists in all sorts of bands, but to avoid a media circus they just use "Musical Differences" as an easy excuse and leave it at that.

on the contrary. very few bands have more than one visionary.

ps: you said for yourself that there can be musical differences in bands. then why are you saying that everytime a band blames the brakeup on musical differences it's a lie?
----

29.06.2007 - 03:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Damnated on 29.06.2007 at 03:50

Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 03:48

this problem exists in all sorts of bands, but to avoid a media circus they just use "Musical Differences" as an easy excuse and leave it at that.

on the contrary. very few bands have more than one visionary.

Oh Im aware. I doubt "Musical Differences" would be a excuse for a break-up in a band with one visionary.
----
- George Carlin
30.06.2007 - 05:23
APOHAKC
The Bard
He is not into this music anymore, it is only easier way to say that he was screwing all the groupies, and they kicked him out of band because of that
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
04.11.2007 - 09:04
Emo Eater
Account deleted
Don't you hate it when other band members put off practice?
Don't you hate it when they then call off gigs?
Just like my End of Year 12 Assembly!! BASTARD!!!
02.09.2008 - 04:38
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
DOnt' you hate it when they leave a "big" band because of work like the drummer of Paradise Lost did?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.09.2008 - 11:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i don't quite like it when Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth or Dave Mustaine fire an extraordinary musician, or don't do their best to keep him in the band: Richard Christie(the guy left Iced Earth for a talk-show FFS), Marty Friedman, Dave Ellefson..