Metal Storm logo
Red Harvest

02.09.2006 - 23:20
SkinChamber
Account deleted
I'm sure there has been a topic about these guys before, I know I started one sometime ago.

Any fans of these self-professed "ApocalypticCyberMetalers? I have most of their material, and I have to say I cannot fault them. Any opinions?
04.09.2006 - 22:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I have three albums and I enjoy them all. "IPP" is probably my favorite of the three - I love the intensity of the music, as well as the coupling of aggressive metallic influences with electronic elements.

Whenever "industrial metal" comes up and the usual "Rammstein/NIN" response posts coming flooding in, I try to point those folks towards Red Harvest.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.09.2006 - 01:54
SkinChamber
Account deleted
LATEST NEWS
[August 24. 2006]
Red harvest DVD preview
Thursday September 14. 2006, 19:00, at Rock In, Oslo.
[August 12. 2006]
DVD Release
HARVEST BLOODY HARVEST will be out September 18th, 2006.
The DVD comes in a limited deluxe metal box.

Experience the sheer force of RED HARVEST - live and unleashed for the first time on DVD. Filmed at the Sonic Solstice festival in Oslo in 2005, the band's pummelling set is a faithful account of live endurance and exhilaration. RED HARVEST pull no punches with Ofu Kahn and his crew steering their dark vessel through a 50-minute odyssey featuring crushing slabs of austere and glacial soundscapes.

Tracklist:
Fall of Fate
Mekanizm
GodTech
Cybernaut
Absolut Dunkelheit
Junk-O-Rama
Teknocrate
I.P.P.
Cold Dark Matter
A.E.P.
Beyond The End

The DVD also includes :
Exclusive rehearsal footage prior to the gig.
'Wounds' video from 1994.
'The Burning Wheel' video from 1996.
'Sick Transit Gloria Mundi' video from 2003

Toxic Waste Dump Bootleg Section :
'Dead Men Don't Rape' (GGFH cover version).
'Death In Cyborg Jam' from the 'Sick Transit Gloria Mundi' release party in Oslo in 2002.
'Acid' performed at Jessheim in 1990.
'Mekanizm' performed at With Full Force 2005.

I'm constantly salivating, can't wait to get my paws on this beauty!
11.01.2007 - 01:03
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
new album due out in a little over a month. From the official RH site:

[November 7. 2006]
The new Red harvest album
The forthcoming Red Harvest album is titled "A greater Darkness" and is currently scheduled for release February 19th 2007.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.02.2007 - 19:11
Kurzag
Account deleted
Their new album is great. So heavy and brutal, but not that fast as their previous releases. I become a big Red Harvest fan these days. Have anyone got the DVD, great performance I must say. They are truly a great live band.
20.02.2007 - 19:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I am set to pick up the new jesu today, I will have to check to see if Red Harvest made their 2/19 projected release.
----

20.02.2007 - 19:35
Thryce
Retired Staff
FYI: a track from "A Greater Darkness," 'Hole In Me', is available at this location.

----
Your favorite band sucks.
22.02.2007 - 01:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
picked it up last night, listened to the first couple tracks. Sounded great, though slower than some of their previous albums. Didn't get the full listen through yet as jesu "conqueror" dominated my cd player last night.

I was enjoying that which I had heard, though.
----

01.07.2007 - 19:49
Darkside Momo
Retired
For now I only now Internal Punishment Programs, I think i'ts good.

Somehow reminds me of Fear Factory, with a more black metal approach.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
29.08.2008 - 13:54
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Hugely underrated band. They've done so much for industrial death and they're still little known compared to their contemporaries. In fact Red Harvest are probably my favourite melding of metal and industrial. I didn't like their recent LP as much as IPP but it's still far better than anything similar bands have done.
25.08.2010 - 17:02
Krankheit
Account deleted
Was hoping for a new album, but sadly the band have decided to spilt up. This happened in May 2010.

1989 - 2010 R.I.P.
25.08.2010 - 18:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.08.2010 at 17:02

Was hoping for a new album, but sadly the band have decided to spilt up. This happened in May 2010.

1989 - 2010 R.I.P.

That's pretty gay, they never really got the recognition they deserved.
25.08.2010 - 20:34
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
That is a shame indeed.
----

26.08.2010 - 12:48
Krankheit
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.08.2010 at 18:41

Written by Guest on 25.08.2010 at 17:02

1989 - 2010 R.I.P.

That's pretty gay, they never really got the recognition they deserved.

Yup, thats true. Imo Red Harvest was one of the best bands coming from the Norwegian metal scene.