Metal Storm logo
Alestorm - Announcing Third Album

Update by Chris through Alestorm's official Facebook:

"Greetings my fellow bawbags, pirates, and gobshites!

It is my very great pleasure to announce that on January 10th, Alestorm will be heading to the studio to record our 3rd album, which we're gonna call Back Through Time. It's gonna be an epic adventure through piratical badassery in 11 tracks, with more drunken singalong anthems than you can shake a stick at. There will be songs about midgets. There will be songs about Wisconsin. There will be songs about travelling through time to kill Vikings. And of course, loads of songs about pirates doing what they do best; kicking your ass and stealing your wenches!

Lasse Lammert will once again be at the helm of the production, at his LSD Studios in Lubeck, Germany. We'll be there for about a month (1 week of recording, 3 weeks of alcohol abuse), and we're hopefully looking at a release in early summer, in time for us to kick your asses with these songs at all the festivals.

In no particular order, here's the songtitles that we've got penned for the album:

The Sunk'n Norwegian
Shipwrecked (Pure Dead Banjaxed)
Buckfast Powersmash
Rum
Back Through Time
Swashbuckled
Death Throes Of The Terrorsquid
Midget Saw
Scraping The Barrel
Rumpelkombo
Barrett's Privateers

Of course these are all possibly subject to change, if we go crazy in the studio. There will inevitably also be a silly digipak version with a bunch of daft covers as bonus tracks as well, the exact details of which we'll announce at a later date.

Cheers everyone, and Merry Christmas!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Alestorm
Posted: 18.12.2010 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 141 users
18.12.2010 - 12:22
Neuroku

Sell-outs
18.12.2010 - 12:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I dont care about selling out until the music would be same happy and funny like so far
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.12.2010 - 12:40
Baz Anderson

Well I saw them do "Rum" live, and it was absolutely awful.
18.12.2010 - 13:26
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
I think this one's gonna suck hope I get one descent drinking song though
18.12.2010 - 13:45
Kingface

Haha, some of those song titles are brilliant! Although the album title is a bit generic.

Also, agree with you Baz, "Rum" sounded shit! Hope it's not the general quality to expect from the rest of the album.
18.12.2010 - 14:24
Darth Roxor

Woohoo, worst band of the century doing another album, I can hardly wait.
----
From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
18.12.2010 - 16:53
Cathval

Haven't heard a song yet, although I can tell already that they don't have the creative spark of "Running Wild". Wenches and Mead was funny, a few other songs were enjoyable the first time around, but they are going to have to raise their standards in terms of songwriting, performance capability, etc to withstand the years to come if they wish to be something bigger.
18.12.2010 - 18:21
necrovamp

''Scraping The Barrel'' - how apt
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
18.12.2010 - 18:54
Kwis

I have actually enjoyed Alestorm's albums thus far. Just hope this one doesn't let me down.
18.12.2010 - 19:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
"There will be songs about midgets" hahhahahahh

you might say they're doing their own pirate metal thing and are enormously "trendy" but you can't deny how funny and party-worthy their music is just because of that.
18.12.2010 - 19:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Holy shit. Songs about midgets? I've never heard this band before, but I gotta check this out.
18.12.2010 - 20:44
RavenKing

Call the garbage collectors, there is some trash at the horizon.

And no, this band is not funny at all. Only crappy and retarded. I hate bands who could not do anything better than talk about superficial and trivial things even if their lives depended on it. I despise people who can raise their level of intelligence above silly things.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
18.12.2010 - 21:37
amarchand

Written by RavenKing on 18.12.2010 at 20:44

And no, this band is not funny at all. Only crappy and retarded. I hate bands who could not do anything better than talk about superficial and trivial things even if their lives depended on it. I despise people who can raise their level of intelligence above silly things.

I lol'd. Do you honestly think people have the slightest interest in your opinion, especially when you present it in such a condescending and elitist manner? If anything, comments like yours are better for a good laugh than any serious consideration. You used the words crappy, retarded, superficial, trivial, despise, and intelligence in the same comment. Thank you for embodying the stereotype of an "asshole metalhead."

Anticipating an awesomely terrible comeback and defense of opinion. I love humour, lol.
18.12.2010 - 22:15
RavenKing

Written by amarchand on 18.12.2010 at 21:37

I lol'd. Do you honestly think people have the slightest interest in your opinion, especially when you present it in such a condescending and elitist manner? If anything, comments like yours are better for a good laugh than any serious consideration. You used the words crappy, retarded, superficial, trivial, despise, and intelligence in the same comment. Thank you for embodying the stereotype of an "asshole metalhead."

I prefer a thousand times being seen as condescendant and elitist than being lumped with those who believe retarded things are funny.
It's one of those instances when I'm proud of being an 'asshole metalhead'.
Thank you very much for the compliment (yes, I really take your comment as a compliment in the current context, even if you obviously intended it as an insult).

You know, there's two kinds of persons when it comes to things that are pointless, meaningless and worthless:

1- Those who see such things for what they are, because they can raise their level of intelligence and judgment over trivial things, so they see how lame they are instead of believing it's funny.

2- Those (and this group encompasses a major part of the masses) who are not intelligent enough to see this difference and foolishly say "hey man, look at how funny it is".

Now, feel free to post offended comments and blame me for "the elitist asshole I am". The matter at hand is one of the reasons I hate masses and society in general, so I'm used to people being offended when we denounce it.

Someone told me one day that if you're doing exactly like others all the time, you are mediocre.
If you want to be above the average masses, you have to think by yourself and do things differently sometimes. No matter what those people will tell about you. Leave them in their abyss of mediocrity and elevate yourself from the norm.

Or, if that's really what you prefer, just please yourself by thinking like others and following the herd. We all have the choice. I chose my path long ago, when I was still a teenager. Choose yours. What matters, in the end, is to be comfortable with the path we choose.
Use your intelligence if you think it worths the trouble, or lay it dormant if you believe it is more amusing that way.
----
19.12.2010 - 02:28
amarchand

I prefer a thousand times being seen as condescendant and elitist than being lumped with those who believe retarded things are funny.
Thank you very much for the compliment (yes, I really take your comment as a compliment in the current context, even if you obviously intended it as an insult).

You know, there's two kinds of persons when it comes to things that are pointless, meaningless and worthless:

1- Those who see such things for what they are, because they can raise their level of intelligence and judgment over trivial things, so they see how lame they are instead of believing it's funny.

2- Those (and this group encompasses a major part of the masses) who are not intelligent enough to see this difference and foolishly say "hey man, look at how funny it is".

Now, feel free to post offended comments and blame me for "the elitist asshole I am". The matter at hand is one of the reasons I hate masses and society in general, so I'm used to people being offended when we denounce it.

Someone told me one day that if you're doing exactly like others all the time, you are mediocre.
If you want to be above the average masses, you have to think by yourself and do things differently sometimes. No matter what those people will tell about you. Leave them in their abyss of mediocrity and elevate yourself from the norm.

Or, if that's really what you prefer, just please yourself by thinking like others and following the herd. We all have the choice. I chose my path long ago, when I was still a teenager. Choose yours. What matters, in the end, is to be comfortable with the path we choose.
Use your intelligence if you think it worths the trouble, or lay it dormant if you believe it is more amusing that way.

You forgot the third type.
3- Those who trollllll
19.12.2010 - 06:57
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by RavenKing on 18.12.2010 at 22:15

Written by amarchand on 18.12.2010 at 21:37

Some of your comments are utterly idiotic and so long and redundant, I don't imagine anyone would even care to read them. I love listening to Alestorm or folk metal when drinking the odd time -- there's no harm in this and it makes me no less intelligent to enjoy something like this. Your definitions of intelligence and fun are quite clearly skewed - who the fuck cares about "intelligence" in relation to music like this? It's simply fun, and if you're going to listen to "serious" shit all the time, well, I sorta feel sorry for you.
19.12.2010 - 08:04
worm_is_gloaming

I saw them live couple years ago, not on purpose but because they were opening for Týr and I had to endure them.

They were wearing Hawaiian shirts, goofing off on stage, and acting like high school kids in a garage band instead of a professional band that they apparently think they are. I was bored out of my mind, and not amused.

My point being... If you play "pirate metal" with silly pirate lyrics, why the fuck not have the courage and humor to actually dress up like some fucking pirates and give an audience an entertaining show?
But instead, these guys came off like self-conscious hipsters who distance themselves from the silliness of their music with a smug irony. Bullshit.
They don't even have courage to stand up to the silliness they attempt to generate, and in the end the whole music, show, and band falls flat. Very, very flat. Especially when the music itself isn't enough to stand on its own...
I mean, pirate metal is one thing, but ironic-pirate-metal? Bitch, please...
19.12.2010 - 10:16
Destructo

Written by Kwis on 18.12.2010 at 18:54

I have actually enjoyed Alestorm's albums thus far. Just hope this one doesn't let me down.

I agree with U on that one. I like "Piraty" stuff....so all in all, Alestorm's albums have been good fun. Just hope they don't fuck up on the new album. In fact, I hope it's damn good. That will shut all them scallywags once an' for all, Arrrrrrr !!!
19.12.2010 - 12:40
insanity.peppers

Yeah... I'll pass on this one. I really wanted to like these guys, but their music is just bad. Sure, take the piss and abuse the shit out of your gimmick, but only if you have the music to back it up.
19.12.2010 - 13:52
RavenKing

Written by spirit_inblack on 19.12.2010 at 06:57

Your definitions of intelligence and fun are quite clearly skewed - who the fuck cares about "intelligence" in relation to music like this?

Thanks for proving my point that there is no intelligence involved in this kind of silly music.
----
19.12.2010 - 20:24
Sulac

Personally enjoy Alestorm. Sure, they're cheesy and have no depth, but I actually like stuff thats so god-awful-its-amusing. Can you read that statement without realising they are having fun by spouting a bunch of pirate stereotypes? i respect em for it.
19.12.2010 - 20:27
Sulac

Clarification: statement referred being the dude's album announcement.
20.12.2010 - 00:22
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Their first album was kinda entertaining, the second was boring as fuck, I don't know what should I expect about this release...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
20.12.2010 - 06:48
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by RavenKing on 19.12.2010 at 13:52

Your definitions of intelligence and fun are quite clearly skewed - who the fuck cares about "intelligence" in relation to music like this?

Thanks for proving my point that there is no intelligence involved in this kind of silly music.

Well, I was drunk and being a douche, so you're right, although I get enjoyment from listening to cheap-ass folk metal from time to time. Normally fucking hate any keyboards in my music though.
20.12.2010 - 14:32
RavenKing

Written by spirit_inblack on 20.12.2010 at 06:48

Written by RavenKing on 19.12.2010 at 13:52

Well, I was drunk

Ok, I see. I'm not angry at you.

Concerning keyboards: I don't dislike keyboards when they're not used too much. It's hard to explain. Keyboards can get on my nerves at times but I have nothing against keyboards on other occasions.
Trouble with Alestorm is not the use of keyboards but their silly gimmick who gets old quite fast + this band is all about gimmick while their music sucks.
----

Hits total: 3931 | This month: 5